Sign in to follow this  
Melany

Who are or were Tummy Sleepers?

I have been a tummy sleeper all my life, I can't lie comfortably on my back as I have quite a big arch in my back unless I have pillow under my knees. Has anyone gone back to tummy sleeping after a BA (is it even possible) lol.

Not looking forward to the sleeping bit for the first few months but hoping it is possible to go back to tummy sleeping.

Please give me good news, lol

I'm normally a side or side-almost-tummy sleeper thanks to back problems. I had to sleep on my back for the first 2.5-3weeks because side sleeping felt disgusting - it felt like the bottom implant was being pushed out of place by the top one. Took a while to get used to that feeling!!

I used pillows under my knees and propped my upper body up on 3 pillows which helped my back.

im an everything sleeper haha but i sleep on my tummy alot.. particularly in the early mornings for some reason. you definitely cant sleep on your tummy for the first little while but once you are healed it is definitely possible again! i think i woke up on my tummy about week 4 post op - as far as i can tell it is usually longer that this but at 3 months i definitely dont have any problems anymore - i can sleep however i want with no dramas and completely comfortable :)

I'm a side and tummy sleeper. I was able to sleep on my side from about 2 weeks post op. Tummy didn't really feel comfy till about 2.5 months post op from memory. Now I'm 5 months post op and tummy sleeping is fine.

Just use lots of pillows and maybe including a neck pillow to try to sleep for the first 2 weeks. You could always try some kind of sleeping/ relaxing pill e.g. valium just to get through the tough bit :)

Haha I could only EVER get to sleep on my tummy! I just had my BA yesterday and surprisingly I have been able to sleep on my back! I think this is definitely due to the fact that I am loaded up on painkillers so that I am so relaxed and drowsy I could sleep sitting up :p Hopefully it stays that way!

I am a tummy sleeper.

I slowly ended up on my side after 3 weeks.

I am now wondering, would it do any damage long term?

maybe that's another reason why mine fall to the side??

im hoping my next BA - I won't be able to - I'm hoping I have to balance to be able to lay on my tummy.