When did you stop wearing compression?

Six weeks for me now and I decided to stop wearing my compression (surgeon said its okay)

I am so uncomfortable!! I actually feel so much better while its on. I feel like I'm maybe swelling a bit and have a stretching feeling.

Plus my pants are annoying the s*** out of me rubbing on my belly.

I know I have to get used to not having it on buy it sucks!

Hi i was told to wear it for 6 weeks as well, but i didn't let it go easy. I wore it till about 9 weeks and instead of going cold turkey, started sleeping without it from the 6 week mark, once i got use to that, i started to go without on the odd day. It probably took 3 weeks for me to wean myself of it, i was like a baby with a bottle. Good luck.

I too am at the 6 week mark and I am finding it hard to not wear my garment. I REALLY thought I would feel different as though I would have some ritual and burn them LOL (my nurse said thats how I would feel anyway! LOL). I breastfed twins for a year and wore a maternity bra the WHOLE year even to bed and it drove me mad. When they stopped feeding I really thought I would hate my bra and burn it but I felt SO the opposite...............I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from. I had muscle repair (I had 35mm seperation from having my twins) and sneezing is still painful even at 6 weeks............the garment REALLY helps too with my swelling I have had. I went swimming at about 4 1/2 weeks as per surgeons request AND I felt SOOOOO weird wearing togs and no garment I sat alot and swam on a little bit.........(hey I still got in the water! LOL). I also bought a different kind of garment to wear once I didnt have to wear my main one anymore and its shorter on the legs (I call my old garment britches hahaha Because they SO look like Im wearing britches!). I knew I wouldnt be able to give them up straight away so I am doing the weaning process too hehe I am also drinking PLENTY of water to help with the swelling and walking ALOT. GOOD LUCK! Know you are NOT alone! (I feel better knowing I am not alone too!)

I think if you are still uncomfortable when you cough and sneeze it won't hurt to keep wearing your cg. I'm at 6 1/2 weeks now, I have all the feeling back in my Tummy except for my BB but my MR was only one finger width. I stopped wearing my binder at night but I am still wearing a cg to work as I still get some swelling at night. I'm hoping the cg can go soon too because the weather in Perth is pretty hot!