Sign in to follow this  
Katska

Tight numb pain 2 weeks after BA? Is this normal freaking out I have CC!!!

Hi ladies, the section of boob under my nipple is still slightly numb and sometimes feels really tight.. I've been doing my massages but now thinking I haven't done them properly and I've got capsular contracture?? I'm just wondering of this is a normal post op discomfort that slowly goes away.. And my nipples are both now ridiculously sensitive I hate it!!

Xo

My left is still a lot bigger/higher than my right.. I think it may be too early for CC but I'm panicking as I don't know what's normal and what's not :( hope your recovering well Hun I can say I 100% love my boobies lol

My right side usually my dominant side, so my left side has dropped more and is bigger.. lol!

I think it's early for that too - but were in our own rights to be concerned :)

I'm actually taking it pretty badly my partner has literally done everything for me - To be honest im scared about going to work in 1 week. Ive been off for 1 with them already.

How do you feel in general though @ the 2 week mark? x.

Yes i love mine too ehe ;)

I'm 6 weeks post op and still have numbness and sometimes they feel tight... I wouldnt be worrying, it's normal as your body is still healing to have different sensations and random changes. Your body is adapting to a foreign object, be patient and it will get better.

If there is anything not right your surgeon will pick it up at a post op appointment.

6 weeks for me, too and I'm still very tingly numb and have tightness. I have also been experiencing muscle spasms across both breasts, particularly the right (feels like milk let-down when breast feeding). Had one in the left that lasted all night a couple of days ago. My doctor said it can take at least 6 months for the numbness to completely go. I'm going to ring about the spasms tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it's normal. My nipples were really sore until about the 4-5 week mark and then improved very quickly.

MissNewBoobies, Sharon at Dr Harwood's surgery told me that 2 weeks is the turnaround point. Healing seems slow until then and improvement is significantly faster after that.

Mrstag Omg my nipples have been killing me hahaha sooooo sensitive. I've only had spasms in my left and mentioned it at my 2 week post op and the nurse said it was the nerves repairing themselves and if they were really bad to have a warm shower and firmly rub the spot. It seemed to work and now don't get them very often.

Exciting new last night... I slept on my tummy for a few hours for the first time without getting rock hard boobs :)

Hi ladies I still have sensitive nipples and numbness on the bottom half and I'm getting close to week 8 ..... I now have like a sharp shooting pain every now and then .... Is this normal does anyone know ?

MumO5

Ive heard the numbness is completely normal and can last up to a year ... Or forever! One of those things! But dont stress.

And the sharp pains could be muscles relaxing and stretching or nerves. 8 weeks is still fairly new so dont worry too much.. :)

I am one month post op & the region between my crease & nipple is still very numb & nipple super sensitive too.., think we are all on the same boat... I found the implant still very high & worry they will never drop :-( & end up with Frankensteinboobs for ever... Noooo

My nipples have only just stopped being sensitive. My right side is still swollen on the muscle and is sitting high (dominant side). I still get the 'sparklers' which are the sharp pains which is just the nerves reconnecting. I have most feeling back under my nipple but one numb round patch on my left boob.

Apparently all completely normal and should go by 6 months.

Thank you girls you have no idea how much that has put me at ease!! I just wish I could push them together more I bought a stabiliser strap but I've only been wearing it to bed maybe I should wear it 24/7 :( stupid lack of breast tissue!! :( xo

I am in the same boat but only at 2 weeks post-op.

Both breast from just about nipple to crease were numbe, I've regained full feeling on left breast except tiny area above scar. But my right breast from above my nipple to incision is numb although I've been having shooting pains in this nipple, as of last few days I've regained some sensation to my right nipple, I was so relieved. I think I read somewhere that shooting pain means the nerve is regenerating... So this is good :)

I am in the same boat but only at 2 weeks post-op.

Both breast from just about nipple to crease were numbe, I've regained full feeling on left breast except tiny area above scar. But my right breast from above my nipple to incision is numb although I've been having shooting pains in this nipple, as of last few days I've regained some sensation to my right nipple, I was so relieved. I think I read somewhere that shooting pain means the nerve is regenerating... So this is good :)

Exactly where mine are numb from nipple to under the boob crease! :)

Hi Katska, I'm 3 days post op and a prisoner in my hotel room. I'm very active and now actively bored. Been reading heaps and think its normal for the body to take 6 months to re-adjust minimum. If you have any fears it may be worthwhile to find an understanding ps who is willing to give you some post op appointments. Say 8 weeks and at the 6 month mark. I think it's highly unfair that Dr's are biased of overseas surgery. Not every1 can afford or justify the Aussie ps prices.

If there is no-one available, try read as much as you can and mayb look out for a cheap fare at the 6 month mark so you can have one more post op appt for a couple of days with your ps.

Edited by judgemenot
Typos

Hope your recovering well judgemenot!!! Haha with the toilet and the foot I was lucky enough to have that in our hotel too lol!! Thanks hun I've read a lot and spoken to my friends its really put my mind at ease.. i have no problem going to a ps over here but i wouldn't admit that it was an overseas job only because some surgeons attitudes stink!! Good luck gorgeous xo