Tips for swelling post op day 6?

Right breast is killing me I've complained on here about ten thousand times - I want them out !! They hurt :( I want my normal routine in life back... 6 months to fluff!!!! Does that mean ill have this dreadful feeling of death until June? Ahhhhhhhh I feel like I've wasted 2 weeks and 9500 grand, whilst dr Harwood has done a spectacular job... I'm starting to regret my decision...... Do meds effect your emotions? I can't stop crying for the pas few days and I'm scared if I end up going to work in 1 week that all I will want to do is sleep cauee ill be on lots of panadol (im weak to meds) and then I'll lose my job! Ahhhhhhhh stress! I feel like just ripping them out :(

I haven't had my BA yet, but I know I'm a huge wuss and meds and anesthetic mess me around a lot. I had eye surgery last Wednesday and I've been up and down and all over the shop. So when I have my BA I'm doing it around the time of uni exams to get out of work for at least 3-4 weeks

If going back to work is stressing you THAT much it wont be helping you recover. Does your office know you were having surgery? Maybe call them and make up an excuse that you had to have urgent surgery for something, I'm sure Dr Harwood will give you a doctors certificate. For example my boyfriend put something through his foot on new years eve, and he was out of action for 2 weeks on doctors orders. That way if you are less stressed you are going to heal better. If you have a doctors certificate for surgery, the company cant exactly hire you.

I haven't had my BA yet, but I know I'm a huge wuss and meds and anesthetic mess me around a lot. I had eye surgery last Wednesday and I've been up and down and all over the shop. So when I have my BA I'm doing it around the time of uni exams to get out of work for at least 3-4 weeks

If going back to work is stressing you THAT much it wont be helping you recover. Does your office know you were having surgery? Maybe call them and make up an excuse that you had to have urgent surgery for something, I'm sure Dr Harwood will give you a doctors certificate. For example my boyfriend put something through his foot on new years eve, and he was out of action for 2 weeks on doctors orders. That way if you are less stressed you are going to heal better. If you have a doctors certificate for surgery, the company cant exactly hire you.

Thanks for your advice - thing is I have been on holidays since 21st Dec 2012, and go back to work 29th Jan... I left last 2 weeks of my holidays for recovery but am fearful that I will not be oK by then. I did mention I was going to try and have surgery in November - but was unable to have time off. Dr Harwood did ask me if I needed a Docs Cert at the start of surgery - but I said no as I underestimated the pain and my stress levels. It sucks because I am in a hard place as I got a promotion starting up this year too!!! Oh well - I will try for one more week off. I really do hope that I'm better for next week though as sitting around the house is doing my head in. Ive only just been able to use the laptop again as i Used to get dizzy on it from all the meds. xxx

I'm sure Dr Harwood would still write you a certificate if you wanted. Also, it might be worth trying some herbal anti-inflammatories. I took arnica tablets for a while. Also, you might not feel up to it, but some walking may help. Gets the circulation going which helps move fluid away.

I had 2 weeks off too and didn't think I was ready to go back but I did and I managed fine. I still got the sudden electric shocks in my right breast but with each day it does get better. If you are able to just put pressure on it with your hand or squeeze. It helped take the pain away for me. Just take it easy and see how you go! You'll be fine!

Your only 6 days post op... Give it another week and there will have been some significant changes, until about day 9 I was all over the shop, crying, sleeping, the pain urggh it was crap. Once the pain settled it gets so much easier. After 16 days I was back to normal and doing anything I wanted, and was off meds.