Sign in to follow this  
Scarletrose

Are implants permanent?

No not permanent - the implant life depends on how well you look after them and follow your PS's advice. Also the type of implant has shown different lifespans.

Do a bit more reading around on here as this site is a wealth of information :)

Hi :)

If you get implants be prepared for replacement. This is generally after the 10 year mark, but there are some that might last 15. Depends on your implant quality as well. Also, If you are planning on having children you will need to revamp them after that.

I want children in my late 20's

... I've only just turned 20 late last year, the way I look at it if someone Said to me "would you pay 1000" a year (as I paid 9500$) for amazing boobs I would say yes, yes I would. So it seems worth the ten or so years to me.

Good luck with everything and hopefully your consultation will give you a bit more insight :) x

If you get implants be prepared for replacement. This is generally after the 10 year mark, but there are some that might last 15. Depends on your implant quality as well. Also, If you are planning on having children you will need to revamp them after that.

... I've only just turned 20 late last year, the way I look at it if someone Said to me "would you pay 1000" a year (as I paid 9500$) for amazing boobs I would say yes, yes I would. So it seems worth the ten or so years to me.

Good luck with everything and hopefully your consultation will give you a bit more insight :) x

Great way if thinking about it miss!!

That's such a great way to think of it! $20 a week into the booby jar! Haha

Hi Scarletrose - I would not consider them to be permanent. Though the new types of implants have no defined "life", I'd definitley factor in at least one replacment/removal surgery in the future.

In saying this though, my aunty is 59 years old and has had her implants since she was 30 - that's 29 years! She's had them checked recently and they're still intact with no complications :eek:

xx

Hi Scarletrose - I would not consider them to be permanent. Though the new types of implants have no defined "life", I'd definitley factor in at least one replacment/removal surgery in the future.

In saying this though, my aunty is 59 years old and has had her implants since she was 30 - that's 29 years! She's had them checked recently and they're still intact with no complications :eek:

xx

29 years?! That's crazy!! Maybe they don't make them like they use to? ;)

The lady I go to for my waxing has had hers in for 20+ years and still going strong.

I'm starting to think that perhaps they really don't make them like they used to Scarletrose. :)

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Thats the best way to look at it.

Most companies recommend replacing them after ten years to get more money! If there isnt a reason to then no need to.. Unless for bigger!! Haha