Sign in to follow this  
Rose2704

Injections before traveling??

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if any of you got injections before traveling to Thailand for surgery and you opinions on it.

I have been to Thailand before and Bali a few time and never got any.. I'm in two minds and it this time as I think I'm already having surgery I should take more precautions, but then I can also be a little sensitive to different medications ect. So I think will that be over doing it with everything else?

Anyway just wondering who got them and what they got!

Thanks

I am heading to Thailand in just under two weeks for my BA (YAY!!)..

I went and saw my doctor and told him what i was planning to do there and i got the hep shots and Typhoid.. sometimes you need to get malaria but that is only if you are going out of the Tourist areas (that is what my dr said) so he didnt make me have it.

xo

I got the full set of injections before i went to Thailand. I got Hep A/B, meningacocal (cant spell sorry!), rabies, tetnus and i think thats it :).

I think it was worth it for peace of mind. I didnt get sick after either :)

I'm with Lexie44light, I received my whole set of injections about a month ago (about 2 and a half months pre-op)

I did it because my partner gets sick everytime we go overseas for some reason (he is travelling over with me), as well as surgery... I wanted to be covered for both situations just in case.

The last thing I want is to get sick while trying to recover or catch something that prevents my healing process.

I just got my Hep A and typhoid last week. I had my tetnus/whooping cough/ diptheria shot 5yrs ago, but i think that lasts 10yrs. As I'm travelling before my surgery I'm going to look into getting the malaria shots. And i think polio was making a come back last year in South East Asia.

I see my doc in the morning so will be asking about them again.

Check out the centers for disease control and prevention website.

Www.cdc.gov.