Sign in to follow this  
Rachh

Tattoo removal, laser or rejuvi..?

Hi there

I'm considering tattoo removal, can anyone share any experiences or information with me?

I don't even know where to start with this. I have 2 small tattoos very thin lines max size 3.5cm x 3cm.

I'm in the Brisbane area but can travel.

Hi!

Sorry, I've been meaning to comment on this post for a couple of days. I've been getting laser tattoo removal for approx. 2.5 years. I started in Oct 10 and am due again in April. Over this time I've had approx. 10-12 sessions and spent approx. $7-8k.

The reason it is taking so long is the less you have remaining the longer you leave it so it can break down in between sessions. I'm currently going every 6 months to have 3 removed. The one that is the most faded (and will likely only need one more session) is one on my shoulder that was 10 years old and starting to blur/fade so it has worked the best. The other two were mainly covered and are taking longer but need about 4-6 more sessions.

It hurts a fair amount but I personally think its worth it.

Sorry I don't know anywhere in brissie as I'm from Sydney but if you have any questions just ask.

Hope this helps a little.

Hi. I am in the process of having a lower back tattoo removed with the Revlite Q switched laser at results laser clinic. I am paying $140 per session for an approx 25cm by 7 cm at it's widest black pattern tattoo. I have had 3 sessions and it has faded by around 20-30%. I will need a further 9 sessions. I have had 4 treatments on a small ankle tattoo which is now gone. Pain level is pretty high and it hurts far more than getting the tattoo. Like a lava hot rubber band soaked in needles. maybe not that bad? However I am usually finished in 5 mins and the process needs to be 8 weeks apart, to allow your body to heal and reabsorb the ink or recognize it as a foreign body and eliminate it. It becomes red and mildly inflamed for some days it then forms blister like protrusions which you do not pick or poke at it slowly heals and scabs up and sloughs away. You need to keep putting bepanthen cream on whilst it heals. You can have the standard Q switched yag laser however my research tells me this the newest available technology currently available in Sydney.

Hope this helps.

Hi there

I'm considering tattoo removal, can anyone share any experiences or information with me?

I don't even know where to start with this. I have 2 small tattoos very thin lines max size 3.5cm x 3cm.

I'm in the Brisbane area but can travel.

Hi I've not had any removals done but a doctor I see in Bali has laser tattoo removal. If his prices for that are anything compared to his Botox prices you will save a mint. He's fantastic.

Hi soon_to_have_boobs :)

I'm not sure if this is a bit late but thought I'd comment anyway.

I've had 2 non laser treatments & 1 laser treatment on one big tattoo & one about the same as what you've described. They've definitely faded a lot & my smaller one looks like I'll only need another 2-3 sessions at most :) The lady I see is wonderful, she does work from Brisbane clinics, but she also is happy to see people at her home clinic and is very flexible. Her pricing was at least half of anywhere else I was quoted :) If you'd like her details you're welcome to PM me :)

Hey Caskel do you mind telling me where the doctor you see in Bali is? Im heading over soon and would love to get started on removing one of mine!

Hi eviedestruction, his name is Dr Murino and he works at Rejuvie clinic. They do all sorts there. Just had my spider veins and moles removed. Plus Botox to old lady cranky lines. If you google Rejuvie you'll find it. He is awesome, just email them to make your appt. they'll email you directions.

Pertokoan Plaza 18 Blok B4 jalan Dewi Sri next to Sunset Residence Condotel.. Hope that helps.x Caskel

Hi There,

I had a massive tattoo on my lower back - it covered from just below my bra line to just above my bum crack (classy). Anyhoo I've had 9 laser sessions on it now and it is almost gone. It was grey with lots of shading and some solid black lines. Its pretty painful babe so I recommend taking two neaurophen plus before going in for your session - they will put numbing cream on it too but yeah it hurts a lot - one of the early replied mentioned its worse than getting the tatt and I have to agree. But it does produce results. Good luck.

I had a tattoo on my wrist and i recently got it erased. It had been really a painful experience. I would suggest that if it s not that much necessary don't go for removal as it cause a lot of pain. If anyone knows of the method of without painfully removing tattoo then please share.