Sign in to follow this  
Lover

Seeing a PS in aus before my BA . Do I tell him that I'm going OS For surgery?

Hey Ladies,

I'm having BA done at PIAC in June by Dr V. I decided I wanted to see a PS in aus before I left, just for a second opinion and to get a idea of what implant material and size I wanted, also which incision site to get and under/over the muscle. I think I just wanted to also get some more info. I'm seeing a PS in 2 weeks which I'm really excited about but my question is do I tell him that I'm going to Thailand to get my surgery or do I pretend that I'm having a consultation with him because I want him to do my surgery? I don't know if I should be honest so then he can give me more cautious advice. I'm in a pickle. Any other girls seen a PS before their surgery in Thailand? And did u tell the PS?? Any advice would be much appreciated :)

I havent been in this situation, but if i had have been i would probably have gone in under the pretense that i am still deciding on my surgeon. If you are upfront and tell him that you are only there for the consult and have no intention of booking surgery with him he may not give you the attention he would otherwise give patients. However, in this situation you could also mention that you are considering going to thailand and have him give you any advice in relation to that - just keep in mind that most aussie doctors arent all that keen on overseas surgery and will probably try and steer you away from it!

Hope this helps a little - good luck :)

Thanks hun!!! thats a really good point! i think i will definately NOT tell him but let him know that im considering all my options(thailand) thanks!!! p.s uve got the exact same body measurments as me! do u mind if i FR you?? To see how ur BA went? X

Hi amie, I personally defs wouldn't tell an Aussie surgeon you were considering Thailand but that's me! I had 2 consults here and I felt a bit guilty but I think most surgeons are funny about it. And really it would be annoying for them having to spend the time with you doing all the ground when you actually have no intention of using them for your surgery.

Thanks Rose. I think u guys r definately right. I feel a bit guilty but I want his professionalism not his opinion lol. Bloody costing me a bomb for consult $300!!!!! But it's for peace of mind so I don't mind :)

Amie11 I agree with the others and I'd definitely keep that information to myself.

You don't want the PS to get spiteful and give you incorrect information. That would just be $300.00 down the drain.

Incidentally, who are you seeing for $300.00?

I'm seeing a PS in my local area (Bendigo, Victoria) about 1hr out of Melbourne. It's Richard Dickinson. Hope the $300 is worth it and I get some food info!!! It's $50to see his nurse- who gives u lots of info about the different types of implants etc, then $250 to see him(about 1 week later) once I've let all the info set in.

All surgeons are different and have their preferences so I think you should just wait to see the one who will do your surgery.

Would you be totally confused if the Melbourne surgeon said one thing... Then the Thailand one says something different...

Do your own research online about the procedure you want and all the pros and cons about unders and overs so you are informed before your consult.

I have had a few online consults from maybe 4 PS in Thailand and each have said different things... It will just confuse you and question everything I would advise against personally after my experience!

I agree with the others, definitely don't tell a PS that you are planning on going Overseas for your BA!

I went to see a PS today before I fly to Thailand for my BA in march. I only wanted to find out a professionals opinion before I go overseas purely coz of excitement and to make it feel a little more real. I was hoping to gain some insight as to what it will be like when I go for my real appointment with my Thai surgeon.

I think as long as you feel like you can trust your surgeon there's is no need to go and seek a second opinion. The PS today was very bias as to what style of implant, placement, etc and I think it will be the same with every surgeon.they all have their own opinion but as long as you do your own research and trust you surgeon, you shouldn't need to speak to more than one as you could end up really confused.

I'm also wanting a face to face opinion on if I need a lift. Dr V has said I need a lift too. I'm a squishy D at the moment and wanting to be fuller and bigger. I thought that a bigger implant would fill thenskin therefore I wouldn't need a lift. Week I wish I was a PS and had the answers lol

I'm no BA expert, but if I was seeking a second opinion, I'd try and find a surgeon who uses the same sort of implants, incisions etc so you had more similar advice. I think if you are paying $300 you certainly don't need to disclose your intentions to go to THailand - people change their minds all the time. I hope you can find some girls in here with similar before shots to get an idea of what would happen without or with a lift too.

Amie - I wish I was a PS too - to be rich and able to give people the body they wanted - what a great career ;)

I agree with the others, definitely don't tell a PS that you are planning on going Overseas for your BA!

I went to see a PS today before I fly to Thailand for my BA in march. I only wanted to find out a professionals opinion before I go overseas purely coz of excitement and to make it feel a little more real. I was hoping to gain some insight as to what it will be like when I go for my real appointment with my Thai surgeon.

I think as long as you feel like you can trust your surgeon there's is no need to go and seek a second opinion. The PS today was very bias as to what style of implant, placement, etc and I think it will be the same with every surgeon.they all have their own opinion but as long as you do your own research and trust you surgeon, you shouldn't need to speak to more than one as you could end up really confused.

who did you see today stacey??

what sort of implant recommendation did you get???

Thanks Rose. I think u guys r definately right. I feel a bit guilty but I want his professionalism not his opinion lol. Bloody costing me a bomb for consult $300!!!!! But it's for peace of mind so I don't mind :)

I think if you get a doctor referral you generally save about $70 but not sure if thats a perth thing? and every cent counts i need to save for a new wardrobe for after!