Sign in to follow this  
Paint Me

6 weeks post op & back to the gym

Well, 6 weeks post op, measuring 10E and really hoping I stay at least this size ?....... Would love to d & f and end up bigger (wishful thinking)

So, back to the gym tomorrow. Only allowed to do legs, abs, treadle, bike but no upper body or running for another 6 weeks.

Gym was such a big part of my life, went 4 days a week, 1 & 1/2 - 2 hours a day and now feeling nervous and no real inclination to go - lazy has set in :-/

I love the gym also and am really missing my weights sooo much ;( but I need to lose some kg so I guess doing cardio for a while wont hurt me - wish I knew how soon I could go back to weights though - 1 girl tried too early and got a bleed and had to have a whole new op ;(

I usually do 2 gym sessions per day and it was killing me not being able to anymore! I started light weights and jogging on the treadmill at 5 weeks post op and have had no problems. Just do what feels right for you, you will know when your body is ready for it again. My advice is just strap them down well with 2 supportive sports bras for any cardio!