First Consulatation-BA & TT what questions to ask?

Hi Ladies..

Have been a regular reader but have never had the courage to write a post...so here goes!

I have finally made the decsion to have a TT & BA.. After having three babies my body is just nothing what it used to be.

I have my first consultation on Friday!!

I just wanted to get some feedback on what Questions to ask the surgeon?

or anything that anyone missed or would think to be helpful.

I am extremly nervous.. and anxious.. and excited at the same time, as the dream is coming to fruition!

Hi Bella!

Congrats on making the leap!!

I had a consult for the same procedures a couple of weeks ago - my advice is not to understimate how in-nerved you may be having your tummy being talked about, touched and squeezed. I'm a fairly mellow kinda gal, but I really battled to maintain my composure.

So my advice is to write a list of questions. It's important to be clear and upfront about what you expect the achieve, as well as being sure you have your head around the procedures and recovery expectations.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!!!

Hi Bella, welcome to the Forum! I think we all go through the lurking phase before we post! I didn't have a bl/ba but some important questions to ask are: surgeon fee, approximate anethesist fee, how many post op appointments do you need? Will they cost extra? Do you see the surgeon directly for the post op checks or a nurse? Do you need a full TT or a mini? Do you need muscle repair and are there any hernias? Where will your scar be? Will he be able to hide all your stretch marks?

I'm sure there's more but can't think of any others just now.

Hope this helps, cheers.