Annual leave? Sick leave? How long did you take off?

I'm not having my BA until July, but was curious as to what type of leave you took. Did you just take it as annual leave for a 'holiday' or did you get a certificate for sick leave. I have spoken with my boss and he's happy to sign off as sick leave if I have a certificate. Do you think PIAC would provide one? I will email them but just wondering if anybody else had any experience.

Also, how long did you have off? I will definitely be taking two weeks (the time were in Thailand) but was considering taking an extra week off when we get back home? Not that I have an overly strenuous job lol :)

I had 5 weeks leave, and used the last 2 weeks to heal and recover.

I had surgery on the 15th, but as I was uncertain as to how I would be going with recovery, Dr Harwood gave me a Doctors Certificate to return to work on the 4th of Feb 2013, just incase I wasnt physically able. But I feel like I am going to be fine now, and it's only day 9. (Im in an office job).

I am taking 3 and a bit weeks leave, it will be a combination of annual leave, sick leave and unpaid leave as we were forced to take 2 weeks leave during shut down over christmas (we have never done it before so I wasn't expecting it). I guess if your doc in Thailand won't give you a certificate you could see your GP when you get back and get one?

I am only away for just over 2 weeks so I may go to work for a few hours a day on the third week depending on how my recovery goes. I have a desk job so nothing too physical.

Mama tee - I was thinking the same thing. I\'ve emailed PIAC to see if they can provide a certificate, but if not ill see my gp here. I\'m sure she\'ll give me one. Just saves usually all of annual leave hahaha!

I\'d really like the extra week off work just to make sure I\'m ready to go back. I\'m the same - only an office job - but I\'d rather feel good and up to it :)

I am taking annual leave - and only 3 days! My surgeon said 3 days plus the weekend should be enough to go back to work! I also work in an office, but I imagine I won\'t be at my best on day 6 when I return to work. I am just going to make sure everything I need to access is at belly-button level or lower so I don\'t have to reach up or anything. :-)

I am taking annual leave - and only 3 days! My surgeon said 3 days plus the weekend should be enough to go back to work! I also work in an office, but I imagine I won\'t be at my best on day 6 when I return to work. I am just going to make sure everything I need to access is at belly-button level or lower so I don\'t have to reach up or anything. :-)

You are obviously getting overs ??

I've just heard back from PIAC and she said that Dr V is happy to provide a medical certificate. Woo hoo - means I get to save my annual leave.

Sezzy - they don't need to know what the surgery is for and they can't deny it if you have a certificate. All the certificate has to say is that you had surgery and were unfit for work :)

Wow MissBuzz - unless your getting overs I can't imagine going to back after 5 days?

Hi everyone. This is my first post and i hav so many questions!! Ive not booked any dates but im leaning towards Phuket at the end of the year. other friends have had great results. My main concern to is how much time i will need off. I hav a very physical job. Im having lift, reduction and implant, well i think lol. I need all the advise i can get. Tear drop and round??? is there a huge differance and what looks more natural. That will do for starters. More questions to follow