Day 7-8 post op Out & About :) !

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to let the pre op girls know that the first few days may seem...... Horrible... You will probably feel like the drowsiness and death like feeling is never ending.. You will be surprised how rapidly you heal day my day.

7th day partner drove me to My check up (1 1/2 hr) away, and then we went shopping for bras after. I just had a bit of soreness in my shoulders as it was the first day off the couch where my body has had to actually support my boobs. I even helped cooked lamb chops for dinner that night for dinner!

Day 8 - was walking around the house had a visitor, and then my partner came home from work on the afternoon - I got dressed and we went to the cinemas to see "this is 40" which is HILARIOUS by the way. We even had my partners family over for a board game, because we do family nights sometimes still :) and I almost forgot I had implants... I could breathe perfectly fine - that heavy feeling has been lifted and everything is really really fantastic from day 7 I promise you that! I did not believe it until I experienced it.

In my experience (not to scare anyone) I think:

Day 1 - fine, little tender but so dopey still you experience really no pain,

Day 2 - experience more pain, I was so medicated with Valium, mercyndal and digesic the days went so quickly I slept most of them which I believed helped with quick recovery.

Day 3 - horrible. Worst pain through the night, back hurts from sleeping upright, crop top initially given to me was eventually becoming too tight due to swelling, told to unzip front, still made not a lot of difference so I changed to a size 16 crop from target (I'm size 8-10 lol..)

Day 4 - boobie blues kicked in, regret kicked in, hated the world thought the pain was never going subside EVER.

Day 5 - feeling okay. Still very sore and very hard to breathe. Boobie blues followed through to this day... I actually was light headed because I wasn't taking deep enough breaths because it hurt.

Day 6 - stinging sharp pains were very mild, pain starting to subside

Day 7 - very tired from drugs still, needed to leave the house,'best thing I ever did do. Went to check up. Went shopping. Doc said he was shocked that from day 6 I was only on 2 - 4 pandadol a day and my healing was fantastic.

Day 8 - amazing. Easy to breathe. Had my first sneeze which HURT! And coughing still hurts! Laughing doesn't hurt as much by this stage.

Day 9 - today, so far I have had 1

Pandadol just to deal with slight morning boob... Sitting on the couch resting up so I can start work in 5 days :)

Trust me girls - it's so easy from day 7-8. In saying that. My right arm is still useless and painful to put too much strain, doc said it will catch up to the left in 1-2 weeks as it was a tight squeezed for the right breast.

Expect pain, expect regret and expect boobie blues... It's all NATURAL. But it gets so much better and I LOVE them. :)

Oh and one more thing, when I was wearing the crop top ... When it come to shower time, and of remove the crop it would make me feel queezy... But! I think because the crop top covered my whole chest so I never got a glance at my rack at all and it was overwhelming when I got naked. On day 7 inchanhed into my comfort bra from bras and things OMG COMFORTABLE BTW!

Wanted to burn my crop haha.

I see my clevage all the time now and it's less shocking when I get naked :) but were all different: just be realistic and you will survive!'!!!!!

Xox sorry this is not great, typed up on the iPhone and it wasn't actually going to be this drawn out.

So glad your feeling better! Must be terrible the first few days.. I really thought id get the surgery done.. lay around for a day or 2 then out shopping lol.. think again! Must be good that your now getting use to them though and can forget about having them and do normal things.. I cant believe how fast its gone 10 days already!

I\'m so glad your feeling better and now you can enjoy them.

Amber84 you might be right to go out after a couple of days we all heal differently I must of got off easy as day 2 I had shoulder and head massage and my hair washed then wet for a little shop ( not very long ) but I did crash on the lounge for the rest of the day. Day 3 I was out at MBK mall for half the day.

A lot of stories I read complain of the pain from the bra... What exactly are you wearing when you leave the surgery?? Are you all strapped up and bandaged? When are you first able to get naked and shower? And at what point can you just put on any kind of comfort bra... You said you put on a size 16, are you supposed to wear really tight ones, to keep it all tight or are loose and comfy ok?

Also loved the movie "this is 40"... One thing I could relate to when she was admiring Megan fox's rack, "breastfeeding sucked the meat out of my boobs". True!!

Hey Nic,

Depends on your surgeon, some will give you a PO bra which they will put on you after your surgery, others will tell you to get something yourself and bring it with you. Th size really depends on the individual, but to give you an idea I was about a 10a/10b before surgery and now I'm a 12C, but then even the 12 bands were a bit sore and tight for the first week or so just with the swelling etc...some surgeons strap and bandage you up, others don't, you don't want a loose comfy bra coz you want the support

BK - Thanks babe haha! I'm warming up to them very quickly

Kara - I promise things will improve for you soon, tough out the next few days - also, my partner just bought Deep Heat for my back pain, so hopefully that will help there too.

MissSJ - I tried sleepng on my side, cant do it - side boob hurts too much I thnk. Im ok on my back though, I guess I'm just tryign to appreciate being on my back because upright n the couch was so horrible.

Nic - On the day, the post op crop tops I tried on before the operation wasnt very good because medium was too small and we knew it would end up being too small ( so i bought size 14 from target in preparation anyway previously ) and large was going to be too big. First day I wore the one they gave me, 2nd day I called and they said to undo the zip at the front, that helped a little.. Then by day 3 my partner went out and bought me a size 16 which was snug.. but not very tight, it was a good relief. I wore it to my 7 day post op check up and he said it wasnt doing much support, but my doc didnt say it was a bad thing... Probably would be a good idea to check with your surgeon as to what his advice would be on that one. My boobs were so swolen the size 16 was not a loose comfy bra it was just snug... but yes you do want the support. To your next question, after my 7 day check up I was given the go ahead to shop for new wireless bras.. So I bought the comfort bra and it was AMAZING. I had support for each boob individually,crop top just kept them together and it wasnt supportive at all. Also I'm a size 8/10 but th grl at bras and things gave me a size 12E Comfort Bra because their range is really strange and tight .. She advised me when looking for other bras to look for a 10E.

PS - sorry my typing is awful, my keyboard keys are stuffing up and its driving me nuts!!!!

Forgot to answer the othr q's: Was told I could shower from day 1 but I was too out of it, so I think by day 2 I had my first shower (partner helping me). I had a strap across my chest until day 7 (just above my boobs)... The nurse said that I could take it off by day 5 but they would prefer if I left it on until my check up (day 7) .. So I did everything I did to reduce the risk of a complication and just kept it on until the 7 day mark.

A lot of stories I read complain of the pain from the bra... What exactly are you wearing when you leave the surgery?? Are you all strapped up and bandaged? When are you first able to get naked and shower? And at what point can you just put on any kind of comfort bra... You said you put on a size 16, are you supposed to wear really tight ones, to keep it all tight or are loose and comfy ok?

Also loved the movie "this is 40"... One thing I could relate to when she was admiring Megan fox's rack, "breastfeeding sucked the meat out of my boobs". True!!