Sign in to follow this  
giross

Surgery date changed:(

Today would be a month until I fly out to PIAC. I have been informed today that PIAC have changed there process. My consult will now be 22nd and surgery the next day. Surgery was originally the 22nd as well. That will mean that as we leave 13 days after surgery now instead of 14 my warranty will be void. When I questioned this I was told I'm fine because I only need to stay 7 !!! I've gone through a booking agency and am a little frustrated. So we booked an extra week for nothing?

That is pretty frustrating but at least you'll feel up to getting out there and having a look around. You probably wont want to come out of your room for a few days. By the end of your stay you'll probably be ok to do just about anything. So look on the positive side of it :)

I actually booked extra time because I wanted a holiday as well. :)

That's annoying! I asked to have my consult a day or more before my surgery at PIAC (so I had some thinking time) and they said no!

I'm on the 5th June I wonder if they will change mine.. I also thought you would have to stay longer with a reduction as even with a lift the minimum was 10 days after for the garurantee?

How annoying - giross im going to send you a FR because im also usind Dr V at PIAC.

That's strange because my consult is on 8 July and then surgery on 9 July. I'm actually about to email them to ask if I can have the consult and surgery on the same day to give me an extra day in Thailand post op. well be leaving on 17th so I will only be there 8 days post op?.

I fly out next Monday for surgery on the 6th at PIAC! My consult and surgery is on the same day... there are 3 of us going and we all have our consults on the same day as the surgery!

I hope they don't change it :(

Yeah it's disappointing. I don't know if its a new thing or not. I had surgery there three yrs ago and consult and surgery were on the same day. I'm trying to get a written guarantee that 13 days in Phuket will be okay otherwise I have to change fly out days. The agency has now said that 14 days is correct for my procedure.

Just got an email from PIAC as I had asked if my consult and surgery could be on the same day. Mel emailed back and said that Dr V's process is always consult one day and surgery the next day. She also said he would provide me with a medical certificate so I can use my personal leave instead of annual leave. Woo hoo!

Hi I would email direct to PIAC explain what happen might be ok with it let them know u already booked flights and cannot change them I'm still only going to be there for only 8 day post op I think most common complication would be capsular contraction and there policy doesn't cover for that anyway. The girls Mel and Kate are the foreign patient co ordinators for the hospital

Hi Mumoffive, do you know the email address I should be emailing?

Hi I would email direct to PIAC explain what happen might be ok with it let them know u already booked flights and cannot change them I'm still only going to be there for only 8 day post op I think most common complication would be capsular contraction and there policy doesn't cover for that anyway. The girls Mel and Kate are the foreign patient co ordinators for the hospital

Yes haha know it quite well I have pestered them with thousands of email The girls must roll there eyes when they see my name lol!!! It's info@plastic-surgery-phuket.com sometime it can take a day or two for them to get back an email if I've sent something in the morning sometimes don't get a reply til 7 or 8pm. But usually good at giving a reply within 24 hrs

I just got an email reply! Rather quick...but I did put URGENT all over it. They said that they would cover my guarantee but of course I want it in writing. When I had surgery 3 yrs ago I have the consult in the morning and surgery in the afternoon. Much better for someone like me to just get it over with.

Hi giross

That's awesome the replied so quickly to your email and that they were understanding of your dilemma but yes definitely get that in writing just in case! I can't wait to hear about your experience with dr v :) not that long to go!