Lump in breast

Hey ladies, hoping for a little insight.

I had my BA nearly 4 months ago, I've had issues with my left side not dropping as it should properly etc. Anyways all that aside, today I was in the shower washing my boobs...as you do and I felt a lump on the outer left breast about 3 finger widths down from my armpit. My implants are under the muscle so this lump is obviously in my own tissue. It is tender to touch, feels almost like a vein (?)

I am due for my period in 5 days so my breasts are usually tender and a little lumpy before hand but this feels a bit different.

So just wondering if any of you have experienced anything like this? I plan on calling my surgeon tomorrow to make an appt and hopefully get to see him soon.

Nic, last time I saw the surgeon was a month post op, when I saw him then it was a wait and see kinda thing, still relatively close after surgery and all.

(ps, enough with the dinosaur girl! we've earned new boobs!)

GussyGirl, that was my thought too. I don't think it's anything like a breast cancer etc, just something that isn't usually there.

You are being very sensible getting it checked.

Make sure your always like that with you implants. The longer you have them the more they become part of you and you know when something isn't right.

I've had a couple of issues with my boobs and implants over the years. When things seem different always good practise to get the checked out ;-)

I'm due for an upgrade for capsules that I've held off for a little while but this year is my year!

I would definatly be calling for an appointment ASAP. Best to have it checked out even if it's nothing. If you can't see your surgeon for a week or so I would even think about seeing your GP for a standard breast exam just to be safe. Nothing worse than letting something pass by and it actually being something

My guess is that the implants have made changes in your original breast tissue more noticeable and this month is a little more hormonal, hence tender lumps appearing - it used to happen to me all the time with my lovely plump before feeding breasts. Tender lumps before AF - some months were more tender than others. Absolutely get it checked out, but hopefully it will all be normal.

Look up something called 'mondors cords'... If it feels like a vein this might be the issue. Haven't had them myself but have seen them mentioned a bit by other girls here.

Hope it's nothing serious, thinking of you!

Yes that was one of the first things I looked up, but they say they are near the incisions and mine is up towards my arm pit. Also those ones are visible, you can't see anything on my breast.

Thanks ladies. Will def give both Dr's a call and make an appt. :)

I have a lump i get about mid-cycle every month- its a cyst or something non cancerous, your gp will have a feel and tell you if youll need an ultrasound or not to determine exactly what it is... Minr is about the size of a twenty cent piece so you can imagine how freaked out i was when i felt it (thinking cancer lumps are like pea sized i was like arghhhh im dying)

Try not to worry just go to ur gp and let him/her have a feel :)

My aunty is a nurse and also suggested it may be a blocked milk duct as it does come up and go away during my cycle.. But this is only possible if you have breastfed :)