Getting in/out of bed what day

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god..really that long? It was my first night home from hosp last night and I ended sleeping on the couch (chaise bit) propped up by pillows. I really have to psych myself up before trying to move as it hurts so much or kind of like I'm being pushed back down. I was hoping someone would say by day 3 you'll feel fantastic haha

I've been getting in and out of bed ok, but it does hurt. I find twisting to grab things is bad to, like reaching to the side table really pulls under my armpit. I find walking around to be more painful though. I think when standing the weight on the incisions is so down baring that it feeling like they are going to explode. It feels so wrong but its normal hey? Do yours feel like they are going to explode, i cant get over the pressure that's there at the moment. I was great the first day and a half, but after coming home yesterday its gotten worse and worse.

Wow. You're inspirational! I've tried so hard I just can't physically do it. I feel like a turtle stuck on its shell. Oh getting into bed would be horrible.

I am quite a fit person but for the life of me couldn't get myself out of bed...may have something to do with the DRAM commonly known as 'abdominal muscle separation' during both pregnancies so a sit up for me is almost impossible on a good day.

LOL..I too felt like a turtle and used only the couch chairs for my day sleeps so I could get up unaided.

But before the turtle I felt like a T-Rex..my arms were useless...couldn't even carry a plastic rake through Bunnings.. lol

For my first few weeks recovery I would get up when my husband did for work (5:30 am) so he could quite literally kick me out of bed. But as much as you are an invalid for a few weeks your recovery time is very quick, all of a sudden you'll find yourself back to normal routine. Although vacuuming was still a no go till week three or more. I found slow, smooth and deliberate movements worked the best. No slamming doors..Doh!

For the 4 weeks of recovery I think it's well worth it! Because I've got the best boobs in town :)

Bahahaaah T. rex. EXACTLY how I felt first few days - I was hunched over and hands out infeont of me like raptor hands.

I also wake up that early with the partner, he kicks me out of bed and I move out onto the couch.

I start work on Tuesday but that will be post op 2 weeks. I hope I have more strength then.

The things we do as women..... X

Lol I know what you mean! I felt like mine were just going to burst and implants would go sliding all over the tiles.. Too much info? Sorry!

I couldn't even straighten my bak for the first week. You are fine - oh I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror standing because I couldn't actually fathom how my stitches were keeping that much weight in there...

:) you're doing fine Misha!!

Lol! It totally sux.. I'm like a chubby turtle or maybe a seal.

I have to mentally psych myself before my partner helps me up aswell.

I'm hoping this doesn't last 8days:(

I too felt like a seal haha needing to psych myself up like I'm ready to go on stage or something..... Clenching my teeth too as I got up. It gets better. Although I need help still doc said that's normal, it's just not painful and I don't need to psych myself up anymore. It does improve.

It's so nice to read all your posts & realise we are all in the same boat! I am day 2 & I am managing to get in & out of bed on my own but I have to do the full prep before I can! Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in & get up on the out breath, lol, does that make sense? And I am trying so hard to stand up straight, I am so hunched over, my neck & shoulders are killing me! My hubby is all ready getting sick of me asking for massages! Sending healing vibes to you all! :)

Omg girls I am hating on you all so much right now for making me laugh...seals, turtles a t-rexs....I swear my boobs nearly ripped out just then when I couldn't contain a giggle!

So glad I'm not the only one in this mangled, invalid, turtle of a boat!! I can't even pull my pants up or down to go to the loo and I cannot for the life of me press the flush button...tried so hard!!!

It's like being drunk hey. I asked my partner to pull my pants off last night and he was like hell yeah and then I was like he'll no! Oh my I'm not putting on jeans again till I can pull them up. Soft trackies for me. Have plans for Aussie day tomorrow to go out on a boat and watch fireworks on the river but I will have to see how the fun bags are feeling tomorrow as at the mo they ain't going anywhere. How funny it must be for our men to watch us try to do things like we've just learnt how to. Lucky them :)

OMG all of your comments are making me so nervous! I'm just over a week to go and will be with my boyfriend of only 2 months to look after me! I dont think we are close enough to be flushing toilets for each other yet!! haha It will definately be an interesting experience!

Looks like you'll be getting to know each other real quick haha

I can put the lid down on the loo just can't press the button down...since when were they so hard!!!

Missnewboobs - my solution to the soap dispenser - fist your hand and do a quick jab down...gets a little bit out..I only found this out through frustration lol

2littleangels - I came home in leggings but bf had to help me get them on and then off when at home. So now I've just been wearing my undies around coz they're easier!!

Lol at the frustration towards the dispenser.

This shouldn't freak anyone out you need to know what you're signing up for. I read the sticky thread post where this chick posted what to expect I WAS TERRIFIED. But I was prepared.

- new me, I really hope you have someone on stand by to help uu

, keep your phone close because the first day is not pretty.. Xxx good luck babe

I'm getting really worried reading this - in the TT threads, they say if you have a boob job and TT, you don't even notice the pain or problems with the BA vs TT pain. I have 2 days in hospital and then I'm on my own. Is it physically impossible or just really painful. I might have to hang out in the hotel in my compression garments and nothing else - at least it will be the new improved version of me.

I'm getting really worried reading this - in the TT threads, they say if you have a boob job and TT, you don't even notice the pain or problems with the BA vs TT pain. I have 2 days in hospital and then I'm on my own. Is it physically impossible or just really painful. I might have to hang out in the hotel in my compression garments and nothing else - at least it will be the new improved version of me.

I am going to be 100% honest with you - for me, it's physically impossible to pull myself out of bed - I think I could lay down if someone had a gun to my head though. I apologise for frightening you. :(

Hope your pain is different x

Some girls apparently can get them self in and out easily! Most can't :(

Totally not meant to frighten anyone, just need to make sure your fully aware of what you're in for. Its one thing hearing it from your male surgeon who hasn't had a boob job but I think it's invaluable to hear first hand from other women what they're experiencing and also the level of pain/discomfort

It's physically impossible for me to do those things...I just stood at the loo just now trying my hardest to push the button down with every finger on each Hand...no success!!

I could Def not be on my own the last couple of days. I can't even open the freezer to get my ice pack out.