I am currently 20 years old, and have booked a breast augmentation for the start of March. I have wanted larger breasts for a while now and finally decided to bite the bullet and do it figuring that you may as well look as good as you can while youre young, right?

Is 20 a good age to get breast implants or should I have waited?

I am currently 20 years old, and have booked a breast augmentation for the start of March. I have wanted larger breasts for a while now and finally decided to bite the bullet and do it figuring that you may as well look as good as you can while youre young, right?

Is 20 a good age to get breast implants or should I have waited?

Hi lexi1,

It's really a personal decision.

I know someone who got hers done at 19 and another who got hers done at 54!!

I will say one thing though: If you are planning on having children and would like to breastfeed, I'd recommend an inframammary incision (crease).

I'm 25 and I know there have been plenty of clothes I would have loved to have worn over the past 5 years that I couldn't because of my lack of boobage.

So you go girl, do whatever is going to make you happy. :)

Sukii xx

I think aslong as your not shoving them in peoples faces you'll be right.. others might not even notice.. I have seen alot of young woman get them done and post pics all over facebook.. basically see there nips.. i think thats when people give you a reaction.. If you want them to feel better about yourself go for it.. whatever makes you happy you are best off doing.

Like said above if you ever plan to bf talk to your doctor..

• 2 years later...

I'm 27 and I'm getting mine done in June! If it wasn't for my Mum and lack of money at the time, I would of had them done when I was 18! :) My best friend got hers done at 17! She never regretted them for a second! She said that it was the best thing she's ever done for herself! :)

You go gurl! :D

very surprised at the amount of people who had or are having theirs done at 20 and younger, i just turned 20 and thought have had a consult and in the process of saving up the money for my BA and actually worried that i was too young. its good to see that im not alone, i think sometimes i forget that im an adult now who can make my own decisions. 

i still live at home so wanted my mums support (very lucky to have an awesome supporting mum) but i think its better for me to get them done young when i dont have all those other costs associated with 'living out of home. 

I got my first BA 3 weeks before my 21st birthday and I'm so happy that I did.. The best boost of confidence that I needed! 

I'm going to be 27 this year and I'm currently trying to find the perfect surgeon to do my revision in the next 4 or 5 months :) Go for it! There is no right age x

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 26 and I'm getting my BA this year :) I feel so old compared to everyone else!! If it wasn't for my partner initially being against it I prob would have done it sooner. So excited for August!!

I got mine at 25.

I looked into it first time around at 21, my partner and I argued about it so we ended up spending the money on travel and a house deposit and I didn't really think too much more about it. 4 years later it was something still on my mind so I decided it was time to do it.

I got mine at 25.

I looked into it first time around at 21, my partner and I argued about it so we ended up spending the money on travel and a house deposit and I didn't really think too much more about it. 4 years later it was something still on my mind so I decided it was time to do it.

Oh you sound so much like me ab1990! I mentioned it to my partner a few years ago but he wasn't keen at all (note "partner" and not "husband" or even "fiance" or after 5 years!! hurry up dude). It wasn't so much financial, I think he just "liked me the way I was" and probably didn't want me getting more male attention. It was always on my mind though, like you. We are now building a house and even though I should be putting the money towards that, I've already put a lot of $$ towards the loan and I'm doing this for myself now that he has finally come round to the idea :) I thought I better jump on it before he changes his mind! What's $7k or $8k in the scheme of a $450k house anyway!! :) Hehhehe AspireToInspire you have made me feel like a young! ETA: We are both "young", just "late bloomers" with the whole BA thing :)