Thailand Girls - How did you go about payment for your surgery?

So after MUCH research and planning with the help of all you lovely girls I have finally booked in for my BA and Lift with Dr Piyapas this May! Now I am wondering how everyone has gone about actually paying for their surgery once you are there if you have booked straight through the hospital?

I have looked at a few places like Oz Forex and World First which basically direct deposit money into a bank account of your choice in your chosen country and seem to offer the best exchange rates.

Was just wondering what methods you girls have used in the past and/or what you found to be easiest and cheapest in terms of exchange rates and fees?

I took mine in cash. Wore a lorna jane crop on the plane an stashed $3000 in the inner cup pocket. My bf also took $3000 of mine in his inner short pockets. Was soooo much easier then changing it there as last time we went we got slogged about $200 in exchange fees!

It also means we could exchange it at placed of our choosing with good exchange rates as the hospitals rate isnt very good!

Oh wow lexie44light! You guys mustve felt like some sort of mobsters smuggling that sort of money on the planes with you! haha good job! Out of curiosity what was the exchange rate like over there when you were changing it? Was it far off the actual exchange rate? I hate all this currency exchange business its so confusing! :(

I did the same took all my money in cash and Exchange at the airport.... I was a bit stressed when exchanging the money... I was looking at people around me cause it was a lot of cash.,. But never had any problem... I took the money to pay all my op and my credit card just in case... Just depends what you feel most comfortable with..

I just got a Bank West Platnium Credit Card. All foreign currency transactions are free which is why I got it. If you pay for your flights with the CC you get travel insurance too *too late for me i already had mine paid for*

I dont want to take thousands of Australian Dollars with me and those currency conversion people can be sly and rip you off and I wouldnt like the risk of having that much on me just incase.

When I was there one Australian dollar was buying around 31 Baht on average at the street exchanges. But this definately varied between places. For example at the airport it was about 28-30baht while at the hospital it was about 28baht or lower. So it really does pay to shop around.

I just found having cash on me so much easier then having to stress about cards not working an such!

I took $13K with me. I had to declare the fact that I had over $10k without drama. I went straight to one of the big exchange booths at the airport. There was security everywhere so I had no problem. Yes I felt like a drug smuggler hiding that amount of money hehehehe, but all went off without a hitch :) I didn't get one of my surgeries so the hospital refunded me. I now have to change it all back into Aussie dollars again on the way out hehehe.

Why didn't you end up getting your surgerys Shaker?

Hi lexie, when I came out of the op, the pain was unbearable. I did end up with an unexpected hernia repair, the full tummy tuck, muscle repair and extensive lipo on my back all the way down to my butt and then my tummy, hips and thighs. I had a consult with the doc and as I was supposed to have the BA two days later, we both said its too much. I can't believe the pain and burning I had. I called my hubby and he said to not worry about it, just leave it for now. I may change my mind and end up back here in a year when everything is settled ;) I think My age didn't help with the trauma my body went through but hey, I am so happy with everything else (finally got no rolls) that my boobs just don't even bother me anymore hehehehe.

Hi lexie, when I came out of the op, the pain was unbearable. I did end up with an unexpected hernia repair, the full tummy tuck, muscle repair and extensive lipo on my back all the way down to my butt and then my tummy, hips and thighs. I had a consult with the doc and as I was supposed to have the BA two days later, we both said its too much. I can't believe the pain and burning I had. I called my hubby and he said to not worry about it, just leave it for now. I may change my mind and end up back here in a year when everything is settled ;) I think My age didn't help with the trauma my body went through but hey, I am so happy with everything else (finally got no rolls) that my boobs just don't even bother me anymore hehehehe.

Ok phew i thought you meant you didnt get any :).

Im glad your happy with what you got!