Sign in to follow this  
freidabc

Start of double bubble?? Bottoming out?? Help?

Hi ladies

I'm about 5.5 months post op. I got round smooth implants 300cc under the muscle. My left boob has always looked a little different from the right (especially in the last month or so when I flexed my pecs it was like I had two creases). However now even when I'm not flexing it looks like I've got 2 creases. I'm worried this will just get worse with time.

Anyone experience this? Also, does the left look obviously different when I'm not flexing?...not sure if I'm just over analysing or if I should see my surgeon? Please see my album (it's private so please send my a FR if we aren't already).

Also at my last appointment about month ago with my surgeon I mentioned that the left boob had a double bubble when I flexed and in certain lighting, he said the muscle is pressing down on a different area of the implant to the right and that it doesn't matter as long as they look ok when I'm standing without flexing.

Should I now be concerned?

Any advice/ opinions would be appreciated :)

Hey just had a look at your pics and can definitely see it when you are flexing but it is less obvious when you are not flexing but i can still notice it. Your boobs look fantastic otherwise.

I would call your surgeon if i were you, you wouldnt want it getting any worse and also you may have some sort of warranty to get it fixed within the first year or something like that.

Good luck

Thanks for your advice TheFox, good to know it's not just me! Would be good if that was covered by the warrenty...I just wonder how bad is has to be to be covered!

Have accepted your FR KatherineTinkerBell.

Hey freidabc I'm not going to sugar coat anything... But it's definitely double bubble or bottoming out unfortunately. The boob looks completely different to the other. I would definitely be seeing your doctor again and be getting second opinions as well. I also think you can get a better result then what you've currently got, for instants tale a look at my pics. I've had two BAs and I got a much better result the second time. Sorry this has happened to you thankfully it's something that can be fixed :) good luck!

did you discuss with your surgeon what would happen if revision surgery was needed? I know with some surgeons they have a warranty that if there is any obvious asymmetry or capsular contraction they will fix it for you.

I think it is very soon for this to have happened, only 5.5 months out of surgery and i would be wanting my surgeon to fix the problem free of charge. it certainly seems like that it may have been caused by the way it was placed and where it was placed under the muscle just like your surgeon said so on that basis i would think it would be his fault and he would have to fix it.

Yea I would say that is bottoming out of the implant. Your left breast crease appears a cm or so lower than the right. To fix it you would require a second op but should be minimally invasive. Most surgeons waive there own fee for re operation. It depends if you are happy for a second operation and can afford it.

Im guessing that with a bra on it isn't noticeable at all though.

It does unfortunately look like bottoming out to me. But please dont stress as KatherineTinkerBell has said, breasts often look better after your second BA. And maybe they wont need to do a total BA to fix it.

Keep positive and make a date with your PS asap so you can get some answers. Who did yours?

Hi Freida, I would be calling the surgeon and getting an appointment ASAP. As some other girls have said I would expect him to fix this ASAP at his own cost. Other than that they do look fantastic so don't get too down. It should be able to be fixed!

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I will make an appointment with my surgeon asap and might even send those pics through.

I remember asking him pre op what happens if there are any problems such as bottoming out and he said it would all be covered....but I never got that in writing (I don't know if any surgeons would do that?).

I just hope he acknowledges the difference (thanks for letting me know it is obvious) and I'm not out of pocket too much if another surgery is needed cause I can't afford to pay for the whole thing again. If I do have to go through it all again I would love it if he could make the gap between the boobs smaller but not sure if this is possible or if I'd just end up with more side boob....

I also wonder if this weird way my muscle is pushing on the implant means that I need overs?.....I guess I'll find out.

hey I could see what you where talking about in the pics.. its good your going to see your surgeon.. you paid for those boobies so you want to be happy with them. Take care and I hope all goes well. keep us updated.

Hi i have heard of some ladies that when they flex they get muscle distortion, hope that it isn't bottoming out. Some did go to overs, but this is something your Dr needs to look at. It can't help to make an appointment with him and tell him your concerns, things can always be fixed. Good luck will send FR.

Hiya...

Just had a quick look to your pic & yes you can tell a difference.. I don't think it looks like bottoming out... But double double (?)... I would go see my surgeon & book a consult with an other surgeon just to compare opinions... Fingers crossed for you..

Good luck xxx

Thank you for your support and suggestions everyone!

Yeah, I don't think it's bottoming out cause the scar is the same distance from the bottom crease....I think it's double bubble. I was doing some research on the net and found a pic of another lady with double bubble that looks the same as mine ... not sure if the link below will work:

http://www.realself.com/question/double-bubble1

Will talk with my surgeon Dr Milovic soon.

Bottoming Out

Bottoming out is when the final placement of your breast implants is well below their initial placement. If your skin and underlying breast tissue at the breast crease separate, this can cause the breast implants to descend below the fold.

If your breast implants cross the inframammary crease, it causes your breasts to appear larger below the nipple and creates the appearance of bottoming out.

Double-Bubble Effect

The double-bubble effect is the opposite of bottoming out. A double-bubble occurs when your breast tissue falls below your Inframammary fold and pushes your implant into the upper portion of your breast. This gives the appearance of two breasts.

Double-bubble occurs more often if subpectoral or full submuscular breast augmentation was performed without a breast lift. In double-bubble cases, the breast implants remain under the muscle and high on the chest wall with the naturally occurring breast tissue and breast envelope sagging lower than the breast implants.

Freidabc in your case it's the implant that you can see below the crease fold in your breast, this indicates bottoming out. If it was your natural crease and the implant was above it would then be double bubble.

If you put a straight line horizontally across your chest the left side crease is lower As the implant has dropped down more than it should.

Also in a side view picture you have posted of the left side you can see the shape of the implant isn't centered under your nipple as much as your right.

Sorry you are dealing with this freidabc. Speak to your surgeon. It definetly looks like double bubble to me. Did he lower your crease at all? I am having issues with my right breast, on the inside cleavage I have definite double bubble and am worried I am bottoming out aswell as I can feel and pinch the bottom of the implant between my thumb and forefinger.

Sorry to hear you are having issues to katjs. It's so annoying to have issues so soon after surgery but I guess it's better to notice early and get it fixed. Are you going to see someone? Were yours under muscle too?

My surgeon didn't lower my crease but my left breast (the one with the issue) was always smaller than my right (and narrower) and possibly looks lower because my shoulder on that side sits a bit lower.

I was reading that under muscle placement in some thin women can cause probs with double bubble and bottoming out if the pec pushes the implant down and out of place and that 'overs' can fix this. Makes me wonder if the yoga etc that I do is displacing the implant.

I'd love to have 'overs' with no muscle distortion and also because they can make the gap between the boobs narrower but I'm scared that overs would look really fake on me as I'm so bony on my chest. During my pre surgery consults with 3 different surgeons, one actually suggested 'overs' and said I had just enough tissue to cover the implants, but the other 2 said definitely unders!

I guess I'll wait and see what my surgeon says. I have a feeling he'll prob say just to see if I can live with it as it's not really bad rather than risk another surgery.