Sign in to follow this  
Minion mum

Implants used at PIAC?

Textured but Dr Boonchai showed me textured and smooth but before he could say anything i told him textured for me ..... So that must be just an example because he is giving you the pros and cons on everything from shape , textured or smooth , cc , silicone or saline ..... All a little bit take in .....

MumO5

I just spoke to cosmeditour yesterday as I'm getting a BA with Dr V in June. They said they only use textured silicone. x

I'm booked with Dr V too, and Amie11 I'm booked 10 days after you!

I'm a bit nervous as I've been recommended teardrops but I've heard that Silimed don't supply Furry Brazilians to Thailand legally (see thread http://www.plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3724-Phuket-international-petite-5-2-47kg-10b/page2)

Have emailed PIAC for clarification as to the specifics of the implants they've recommended for me (all I know is teardrop, not brand nor size). Will post their reply when I get it.

Hi misstiffany what date is your surgery?

Piac used to use furry brazillian but they no longer. However they do still have some limited stock available. For me having this particular implant was most important for the reduced risk of just about everything!! I have two sizes reserved for me 325 and 345 tear drop. I was also told that dr boonchai Is the surgeon who does the furries

Hi misstiffany what date is your surgery?

Piac used to use furry brazillian but they no longer. However they do still have some limited stock available. For me having this particular implant was most important for the reduced risk of just about everything!! I have two sizes reserved for me 325 and 345 tear drop. I was also told that dr boonchai Is the surgeon who does the furries

June 15 w Dr Veerawat. I was keen for Furry Brazilians too but given they don't get the 10year warranty from the manufacturer because they're used in a non-supplier approved country doesn't feel very reassuring to me. So now I am mega confused!

Yeah I guess that's a risk you have to think about but it's one I'm willing to take! I still think they're the better implant.. And I don't think mentor gives a 10 year guarantee anyway so it does make much difference

I'm booked with Dr V too, and Amie11 I'm booked 10 days after you!

I'm a bit nervous as I've been recommended teardrops but I've heard that Silimed don't supply Furry Brazilians to Thailand legally (see thread http://www.plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3724-Phuket-international-petite-5-2-47kg-10b/page2)

Have emailed PIAC for clarification as to the specifics of the implants they've recommended for me (all I know is teardrop, not brand nor size). Will post their reply when I get it.

Yay!!!! I'm over there till the 20th. I will be sure to let u know how i go. I'm so nervous/excited!!!! Yay for boobies in June lol x

I also got mentor textured and I don't think I was given a choice now that I think about it...Dr Boonchai was just showing me the difference between the smooth and textured .....

MumO5

Yeah I guess that's a risk you have to think about but it's one I'm willing to take! I still think they're the better implant.. And I don't think mentor gives a 10 year guarantee anyway so it does make much difference

Rose why don't Mentor give the 10 year guarantee? I thought they did?

This is from mentor website

Available Warranties

All MemoryGel® Breast Implants come standard, free of charge with a 10 year warranty (from the date of implant) and up to $3500 of financial assistance for operating room, anesthesia costs, and surgical charges not covered by insurance. Free contralateral (opposite side) implant replacement available upon surgeon request.

This is from mentor website

Available Warranties

All MemoryGel® Breast Implants come standard, free of charge with a 10 year warranty (from the date of implant) and up to $3500 of financial assistance for operating room, anesthesia costs, and surgical charges not covered by insurance. Free contralateral (opposite side) implant replacement available upon surgeon request.

Thats what I was going off too Mumoffive. I might send PIAC a quick email to double check :)

Hi Ladies,

Yes you have to check with the country where you have them done as things do vary.

In Australia all the brands are covered for lifetime replacement for rupture, of the ruptured implant. Silimed polyurethanes also offer as an extra 10yr warranty for capsule, rotation, displacement.

The assistance in surgical fee that's offered in the US by many of the companies there I'm pretty sure isn't offered by any of them in Australia unless things have changed in the last year.

Make sure you always keep the details of what's been placed in you and it helps your next surgeon when reoperation is required or you need to make a claim.

Most important for those of you having them done overseas as you can't just pop into the previous surgeon to get the details and may struggling years done the track calling overseas to try and get the details.

GG

Hi Ladies,

Yes you have to check with the country where you have them done as things do vary.

In Australia all the brands are covered for lifetime replacement for rupture, of the ruptured implant. Silimed polyurethanes also offer as an extra 10yr warranty for capsule, rotation, displacement.

The assistance in surgical fee that's offered in the US by many of the companies there I'm pretty sure isn't offered by any of them in Australia unless things have changed in the last year.

Make sure you always keep the details of what's been placed in you and it helps your next surgeon when reoperation is required or you need to make a claim.

Most important for those of you having them done overseas as you can't just pop into the previous surgeon to get the details and may struggling years done the track calling overseas to try and get the details.

GG

Gussy girl are you even getting surgery or just trying to convince people to get their surgery on aus?

Hi yes I re-read and on the Mentor website it says that the implant will be replaced free of charge only if implanted in 'United States of Puerto Rico', I can't copy and past as it is in a downloadable PDF see link below..

http://www.mentorwwllc.com/Documents/FullEAWarranty.pdf

I don't think it would matter what PIAC say as the Mentor website and warranty would overwrite it, saying that I don't think they are covered in Oz either (except furry brazilians). The 'free replacement' warranty seems like it only covers the implant itself? not surgical fees etc... and the implant makes up a small cost of the total procedure.

Brazilians aren't FDA approved in Thailand yet, they are now in Australia and other countries through. I read on a girls post a whilse back that PIAC were stopping using brazilians as it was too costly to order many different sizes for the patient to choose from...

But I remember reading somewhere when I was originally looking into Thailand that some cosmetic travel agencies offer their own 6 month warranty?

I know in my contract with Brazilians (implanted in OZ) I have a full replacement free of charge for 10yrs covering leakage & capsule contractions - although you have to pay for the hospital fee (about $1500), where the surgeon and implant is free