Sign in to follow this  
Kiddi

What made you choose overseas?

Hi all

Just out of curiosity what made you choose your surgeon overseas over Oz surgery?

Other than the cost, why did you choose to travel overseas was there any particular reason?

Was it pics, credentials, type of anaesthetic, implants used, aftercare, shopping holiday...?

I'm in a confused state ATM as I keep seeing gorgeous post op pics on here and they are all from different surgeons some here and overseas!

Would love to here what helped make your mind up

TIA Kiddi x

I am choosing overseas for cost... I based my surgeon on lots of great reports from others on this forum. I went with him as he seems to be well known and other agencies use him too.

I can get a 2 week tropical recovery/holiday and new boobs for the half the price of getting it done in Australia.

The surgeons pump out BAs every day and have done hundreds if not thousands. Making them more experienced.

The hospitals are amazing and have more nursing staff compared to the In-Out service you get here in Australia.

The only downfall is post op care / consultations when im back in Australia which is quite huge. But i am fit and healthy and expect all to go smoothly.

I appreciate your response Kristen, the aftercare is what is bothering me ATM I feel initially its better aftercare o/seas but its the long term after care that will be via Skype or emails that I'm worried about.

Like you I'm hoping everything will go smoothly and it won't matter.

Ps can I send you a FR ?

Hi

My reasons same as kirsten110 and results that I've seen from both o/seas and oz don't look any different both have awesome results and for me I would still have to travel interstate to have BA as we have one ps her but if u don't have private cover he won't see u even for a consult. Therefore it would cost me anywhere between 15,000 and 18,000 (appro surgery and accom flights etc) if I travelled interstate atm I'm paying about $6000 all up surgery flights accom and very very top notch hospital

Hi

My reasons same as kirsten110 and results that I've seen from both o/seas and oz don't look any different both have awesome results and for me I would still have to travel interstate to have BA as we have one ps her but if u don't have private cover he won't see u even for a consult. Therefore it would cost me anywhere between 15,000 and 18,000 (appro surgery and accom flights etc) if I travelled interstate atm I'm paying about $6000 all up surgery flights accom and very very top notch hospital

That's a great price MO5

Same as the others - cost mainly and from what I've seen the quality of work is no different. Hubby and I were planning an o/s holiday, without the kids anyway, so we decided to make it Thailand so I could get my boobs done at the same time. It means ill have a week to sit and recover without having to worry about caring for kids and doing daily home duties. The aftercare thing does worry me a bit - but I haven't heard many horror stories in comparison to the amount of surgeries that are done over there!

I had 3 friends go to the surgeon who I went to. They said the hospitals were better than the ones in melbourne, and they are. They have more staff and it was an overnight surgury, unlike the day one here. I had about 5 nurses looking after me they were so amazing. Also the price, I have two properties and couldn't afford the 14k here compared to the 3k I paid. Also my surgeon has done thousands and thousands of BAs, they do 3 a day.. And they have that many lady boys over there that look amazing so I figured they must be doing a fantastic job at the hospitals!! Aftercare wise I don't think ill even have problems but I have emailed the hospital and they get back to me within a day.. Also hubby and I went over for 3 weeks so once I was up to it we were shopping up a storm at MBK And I loved all the night markets. Then at the end we went to Koh samui which was fantastic perfect wind down to the holiday. :)

Wow 3k!?! That is an awesome price, maybe I should look into Thailand I've been looking into Philippines I was quoted just under 7k for surgery, accommodation, meals, transfers, bandages, support bras, and meds.basically the only thing extra is flights and shopping.

Do you mind if I ask what ur 3k included?

I just sent you a FR :)

I had the same unease before booking this and was meant to get it done last year in October but chickened out due to the worry of complications. What I have come to realise is that I am a major worrier... I stress the small stuff and what if's... I do not doubt the surgeons, hospital or quality of care... its the what ifs when im back in Australia. I have decided that, this is a risk im willing to take. IF anything unfortunate should happen when I am back in Australia I will deal with it as it arises but I need to stop worrying about the bad stuff and thinking about enjoying nice boobs that ive always wanted instead!

I appreciate your response Kristen, the aftercare is what is bothering me ATM I feel initially its better aftercare o/seas but its the long term after care that will be via Skype or emails that I'm worried about.

Like you I'm hoping everything will go smoothly and it won't matter.

Ps can I send you a FR ?

I'm an Aussie, but currently living in SE Asia so the decision was easy for me - its closer and of course cheaper. But even if I was at home I'd still be doing it - the quality of work is excellent and there are other things I can do with the money I save (like an eye lift ;))

Mine was two things mate. One yes it was the cost. But, the major one was two weeks to heal without the daily dramas. I am a mum of 8 grown children and a four year old. If I had had to go straight home I couldn't have coped. My sons couldn't have been there to help me and my hubby still had to go to work. My little man is very much a mummy's boy and he just wouldn't understand me being drugged up for the first few days. Then not being able to cuddle him or pick him up, nope he just wouldn't understand at all. I am a stay at home mum and to not have my home cleaned, the meals cooked and my children looked after by me to my standard, I would have need up a mental mess that I was letting them all down. I Skype with them everyday and its something they look forward to. I fly home tomorrow feeling soooo much better and able to do my daily stuff without too much drama. Yes I am a little worried about the after care, but, my local gp is so good that he said he would def look after me with infections etc. if something not planned was to happen I am leaving that in the hands of the universe. I am doing everything my doctor tells me to do so we both foresee no future problems. My doctor is fantastic and I am sorry but Bangkok hospital is 12 star compared to the hospitals I have been in in our beautiful Aus. I am more than happy with my choice and I am now 14 days post op.

do your research, talk to the great people on here and go with your instincts. Good luck mate :)