Sign in to follow this  
Valley girl

From country to city for ps

Hi ladies. I'm very new to this forum and so far has been very helpfull. I'm getting a tummy tuck some time this year and am very excited. My only issue is that I'm from country Victoria and have to travel over 2 hours to Melbourne to visit my ps. Did any other ladies have to travel to see their ps? Did you have any concerns with the travel after the surgery? Did you have anybody local that you could see if you had any concerns with your tummy tuck instead of traveling to your ps? I have no other concerns about getting a tummy tuck except for the travel

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi Valley girl, I understand completely - I am over 3 hours from the city and will be travelling up in April for a tummy tuck, the thought of the travel scares the bejesus out of me. I don't really have a doctor here in my little country town that I am comfortable with, but if I run into trouble I will have to travel an hour to the next biggest town who have some reasonable docotrs. I am praying that I will have all drains removed before being discharged from hospital. I have no advice to give yet :)

Hi ladies,

I can't comment on a tummy tuck but when I had my rhinoplasty done I was fine.

I live 6 hours from Melbourne so had to travel back and forth for my consultations.

Rhino isn't as major as a TT though.

I am having my BA and a revision rhino done at the same time by the same PS so it'll be interesting to see how I go this time around.

I think as long as you have a local GP as backup just in case, you should be okay.

After my first sugery I flew over to Melbourne then took the bus (a clos to 8 hour trip!!) back after my rhino.

This time my sister and I will be driving up and back - 6 hours each way.

If I'm not feeling too up to it, I might even fly back (only about 40 mins - 1 hour and 20 mins flight depening on the airline and provided there isn't much turbulence, much less bumpy than the road).

My surgery is just over 5 weeks away so I'll let you know how I go.

I realise a BA and rhino is not comparable to a TT, but at least it will give you some basic idea. :)

Thanks Sukii, I need to go get a script in the next week or so, I will have to choose one of the local doctors and I will advise him that in 66 days (:eek:) I will be gettting a tummy tuck, just so they know - if I have to seek urgent medical help when I return home for recovery.

Hope all goes well with you surgeries, thanks for your response.

Hi i also had my TT done by a surgeon that was over 2 hours from where i lived. Having post-op checks were not as bad as i thought they were going to be, you have your compression garment or binder on, which holds you tight and gives support, other than getting in and out of the car, take it slow, the travel was not awful. I was lucky that i was allowed to stay in hospital till my drains were out, but if i had been discharged with them in, i really think i would have handled them ok. I thought the TT process with Muscle repair was going to be that bad and painful, but in all honesty for me at no time was the pain level higher than a 4 out of 10. It was much better than i thought it was going to be, the most difficult thing in the early days was just getting in and out of bed. I did tell my local GP, i wish you the best ladies.