Sign in to follow this  
Cosmo

Other people's opinions on BA

Hi everybody! This is my first ever post. I am booked in to have BA with Dr Boonchai in Phuket on 16th Feb. I was feeling excited but now i'm getting nervous! I'm the most nervous about people's 'opinions' and thoughts when I get back. That's why I haven't told anybody what I'm going over there for! Does anyone else out there feel the same way? I am worried about about what people will think! But I have always wanted to get a BA.....After 3 kids! When I have brought up the topic of travelling to Thailand for plastic surgery or even dental work i get 'that look' - then the reasons why its a bad idea from who ever I'm talking to. It makes me feel like i'm doing the wrong thing..I am worried people will think differently of me when i get back......I would love a bit of moral support from anyone out there who is about to or who has travelled to Thailand for a procedure! Thanks! X

Im kinda in the same boat as you... I have only told 2 friends my plans but my partner has blabbed to all his family so they know.

I havent even told my own parents because I know i'll get "that look" too lol and I dont want to have to explain myself... I dont want them to worry so once its done I will inform then haha and nothing they can do. I feel it is a bit of a no-no still to go oversead for surgery and I dont want to feel like I have to justify any of it.

I havent told anyone at my work which is going to be awkward when I come back with big boobs lol. I feel like I will have to say something because Im pretty sure it will be obvious in my uniform and I know ppl will talk... I asked my manager for the time off work saying it was to go to NZ to see family. Feeling guilty as now that I have to lie and say we all went to thailand and I got a boob job last minute whim kinda thing instead lol

Hi me 3! I haven't told anyone, except for my partner who I obviously told. I think it will be tough at first with judgement etc but if I'm happy with the outcome of my boob job it will make it all worthwhile! It's a lot easier to convince people once its done rather than try to change others opinions who are against it. I'm sure they will find something else to talk about pretty quickly :)

Hi, I had my BA done last Monday in Brisbane with Dr Harwood. I have only told a few of my nearest and dearest. My new boobs look very similar to the push up bras I used to wear except my breasts are more fuller at the top and now they are actual boobs not bra!! Before I had it done I was so worried about people knowing as I come from a small country town but now I'm not as worried cause I have wanted boobs ever since I was 17 and now that I'm 31 and have 3 kids I thought it was time to treat myself. Now when people see me I think they'll be thinking maybe she has maybe she hasn't had a boob job and really I don't care cause I'm ecstatic with my new assets. Back to work this week so we'll who notices :-)

Hey hun don't tell anyone you don't need to and keep all your excitement for on this forum, you'll make lots of friends on here and even maybe some travel buddies. I was the same as you, I had mine done Wednesday and I worried so much about what people would think. I still worry especially as they don't look how I wanted them to look just yet because it's so soon after surgery, I'm wanting them to look natural but they are looking very fake at the mo. I've so conscious of them at the mo I didn't even go outside today because my neiboughs were outside. But this feeling is starting to pass as they start to soften. No one needs to know and it's your business not theirs so don't feel obliged to tell anyone. I told to many people and got not the nicest response from the people I thought would be all for it. Anyway welcome to the forum its the best thing i found when it came to boobies. Yay your getting boobies good on y8u and you definatley deserve it after 3 kids :)

I'm a bit stressed too on people's opinions the only ones know so far is of course my husband and mother in law ( she wil be in charge of the tribe when I'm away) she was more excited than me lol! She is the absolute best love her to bits she so supportive of me specially when she knows just purely for me !! My sister will be ok with it too but as for everyone else well I leave then to work it out themselves although dont think will be noticed anyway as I have 5 yr old triplets and they are my big attention getter so me having new boobs still won't attract as much attention and stares they get lol!!!

I havent really told anyone.. I was worried about the looks and people talking.. but im starting to think.. who cares what they think? In the end Im the one that needs to be happy.. Im not going to go smaller just to please others. people soon get over it anyway. When mum got them done I looked at hers for a few days thinking wow.. but now they seem like they have always been apart of her. I think people will soon get over it anyway. Just dont tell anyone that doesnt need to know until you get back... and then tell whoever you want to..

I'm going on a 'yoga retreat' for two weeks in May. Obviously the yoga will strengthen my tummy muscles so it looks flatter and I'm just putting my boobs back to the size and location they used to be. Only my hubby, my surgeon and this forum know. Part of me thinks I should tell people because heaps of people have probably done it and not said anything, or others are thinking about it, but I just don't need people's opinions - as a mum I've had years of unwanted opinions forced upon me and I'm not in the mood for any more.

Also - I think so many people are caught up in their own lives, that even if we feel self conscious, they probably will barely notice (unless they are a boob focused as my hubby perhaps).

I've only told three very close friends and of course my hubby. My mum and mother in law will be looking after the kids but they only think we're going on a holiday to Thailand. I can hear the reaction now lol.....

I don't want to deal with the haters and the looks from everyone when you tell them you're having surgery overseas. Just try to remember that these people haven't done the research you've done and they're uneducated in the whole process. We're not going to put ourselves in a dangerous situation!

I just keep thinking of the end result. I've wanted boobs forever and I'm finally going to get them. Ill be happy to tell people after its done if they ask. I'm sure most people will know but will keep their comments to themselves.

Just enjoy it I say - its nobody else's business :)

I've only told a handful of people and it seems no one at work or my in laws have noticed. I don't wear tight clothes to work so they're not out there and it just looks like my clothes fit better. I thought a few people would notice as I work mainly with males in my department but I really think it has gone unnoticed even though they are so much bigger and I now have cleavage and upper pole.

Naked, in swimwear or tight tops is only when it's really noticeable.

I think we think people day to day will notice but they either don't or don't say anything.

I wouldn't stress too much about other people. We do this for us and not other people and if they choose to be rude or catty, that's their own problem :)

I feel the exact same hun! I've always worried about other peoples opinions instead of just worrying about my own happiness and now I couldn't care less! I've only told my fiance and a couple of close friends and everyone is excited for me. One of my best friends got hers done in Thailand 2 years ago and they are fantastic! At first we were all really interested in them but now no one cares and if people have an opinion it won't last long and it will probably be because they are jealous!! I've only heard good things and have many times heard Thailand Plastic Surgeons are better and more qualified than Australian plastic surgeons!! We've done the research and know we are in safe hands, I would leave it until you get home to tell people, if they ask you! Some won't have the guts to. I know my parents will try and lecture me so that's why I've just said we are going for a relaxing holiday lol Don't worry about the haters and gossip queens, you will feel a million dollars afterwards, have more confidence and that means a happier you! What more could you want? xx

Screw people.

If they dont accept you for who you are and what you want in life - then you dont need them.

Dont worry about peoples opinions, because someone is always going to have a negative outlook on BA's.. Not worth worrying about.

I only told a couple of people, didnt feel like I needed to share it with anyone else - just didnt care.

Hi everybody! This is my first ever post. I am booked in to have BA with Dr Boonchai in Phuket on 16th Feb. I was feeling excited but now i'm getting nervous! I'm the most nervous about people's 'opinions' and thoughts when I get back. That's why I haven't told anybody what I'm going over there for! Does anyone else out there feel the same way? I am worried about about what people will think! But I have always wanted to get a BA.....After 3 kids! When I have brought up the topic of travelling to Thailand for plastic surgery or even dental work i get 'that look' - then the reasons why its a bad idea from who ever I'm talking to. It makes me feel like i'm doing the wrong thing..I am worried people will think differently of me when i get back......I would love a bit of moral support from anyone out there who is about to or who has travelled to Thailand for a procedure! Thanks! X

I'm getting mine done in May and I've told all my close friends and anyone else who happens to be around lol!

I haven't told my parents I'm getting them done in Thailand because apart from the fact they are so against the operation at all, I don't want them to stress while i'm there! I'll just show my mum when I get back! I have always told them I'm 100% getting them done one day they just don't realise how soon ;)

Most people I tell do the whole "not Thailand" thing but they all have no idea, once I talk about the research I've done they are supportive which is great! The few that aren't I'm sure are just jealous because they don't have the guts to do it themselves!

I'm also a bit worried about my clients (i'm a pilates instructor) noticing when I get back, as I'm sure it will be noticeable from my pancake chest now lol! But it will be winter so i'm planning on just wearing some big jumpers until they settle! And gradually revealing my new self :)

Dont worry about anyone else, its your body and you have the right to do whatever you like to improve it :)

x

I was open about it, some people were excited and couldn't wait to see and others tried talking me out of it. I just told them politely that the decision is made and any negative comments could be kept to themselves. Even told grandma and grandad haha. At work I told most of the girls and a couple of the guys. Didn't say directly to my boss, just told him I needed time off for an elective surgery, he just waned to know if it would affect my work when I returned. By now I guess the word was spread by our gossip queen and he would know haha.

I'm happy and that's all that matters really at the end of the day. People can think I'm shallow and wasted my money, it doesn't bother me. They are all generally the self absorbed kind that are jealous and I would guess don't have the cash or are scared to do it themselves.

I really couldn't care less about people's opinions of me getting a BA! I've told lots of people and no one has said anything negative, but they probably know I'd give them a mouthful if they did! I've had really positive comments and most women have said that they are either jealous or have tossed the idea around themselves.

I honestly think anyone who has criticism is usually either jealous/worried that you will look better than them/ their man will admire your rack or have self esteem issues!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that doesn't mean they are right. I read a quote once can't recall who it is was attributed to but I think it's true for all of us...their opinion of me is none of my business!

Be confident, hold your head high, ignore any sideway glances, smile proudly.

I'm in 2 minds about who I tell as well, part of me is thinking own it nothing to be ashamed about, and the other part of me is thinking my body ill do what I want and don't have to tell any one. So I haven't decided who to tell or how to react if ppl notice and say anything.

My partner said the same thing when I mentioned these concerns, a quote we have both heard,...

"It's none of your business what others think of you!"

That makes me feel sooo much better! I'm exactly the same... I told 2 girlfriends only. As for everyone else I have told them I am travelling to Thailand for some dental work (which is true...i will be visiting the dentist while i'm there). I just dont want to have to explain & justify myself to everyone. As for work... well i asked my boss today for long service leave and told him it was to go to a wedding in Perth! I feel bad that I lied and I know everyone will notice when i get back. I am a primary school teacher so I know that the other teachers will be judgemental! I am not looking forward to 'the looks' from them. But it will be worth it because i will have great boobs & they wont! Ha Ha Ha!!!