Boobie Blues Question

I was just wondering who has experienced boobie blues post sugery? I had never heard of it but when I read about it the other day I flashed back to when I saw my sister in law after her BA, I was so surprised that she didn't seem very excited, she was almost hestiant to talk about them and she covered up with lots of clothes and it seemed like something was bothering her. This was when she was 3 weeks post op and I now think it could have been boobie blues but I don't want to message her to ask because she is living up north at the moment. So I was hoping I could get some of you ladies to share your experience, I have experienced post natal depression before and I know how hard that hit me so I am a little worried and want to prepare myself as much as possible for the fact that things could be tough post op.

Thanks

Hi girls I did feel a bit like that for a little while , I think mine is because I need to lose about 4 kilo and I will be really happy ...

Don't get me wrong I love my new boobs and have done from my op ....

I just wish I could lose those extra ks and have a flatter tummy....

MumO5

Hey girls my friend went through it after her surgery last year. She had other things going on with her relationship and being up north also away from family and friends she withdrew from me a lot. She wasn't happy with them for a while even though now they are what she wanted but she thinks she will go bigger in the future. as much as everyone around her including myself thought they were amazing she wasnt happy. I found myself dealing with depression before surgery as was so worried that I was making the wrong decision. I didn't want to be getting boobs to fix me only to make me feel more comfortable, and that's another thing if you are getting boobs to fix yourself then you probably won't be happy because they aren't going to fix what's really wrong. Alot of girls think that getting boobs done or nose jobs etc will make them happy then once that's done there is something else that needs fixing and so on. I was getting confused and depressed because I started to think this was why I was getting them done and that related to the size I was getting. Did I need to go big like I did or should I have chosen a smaller size. In the end I saw that it was what other people were saying that had made me start doubting my decisions and once I started talking about it all to my very close friends and them getting excited with me that was when the doubts left my mind. All in all you need to keep communicating about anything that is affecting you weather it be how your feeling or what is happening physically to your body that might be worrying you. Sorry if I rambled on but I delt with alto of depression throughout my life and being open about it is the only way to deal with it xx

You werent rambling at all! I think alot of girls get them thinking that it will make life better or ease their minds only to realise its not what needed fixing or changing! You bought up some very interesting points, you shouldnt make such a huge life decision for the wrong reasons, i think my fear is that im so obsessed with my upcoming surgery i think ill have boobie blues after it when i have no research or nothing to fill my time with... Ill have the beautiful boobs ive wanted for a year now (since they deflated haha) but what now? What do i do now i have them? If you know what i mean.

One of those pre surgery jitters i think.

Ill probably be just as obsessed with them and this forum once im done aswell! Helping other nervous newbies hahaha

Ive never heard of the boobie blues until now, is it a little like the wedding blues, you know, you plan and plan for your big day and then it comes around and goes so quickly and then thats it.

Ive had two children and was lucky that i didnt get the baby blues too much but i think its good to know about this so i know if it happens to me ill know its kind of normal.

I guess we are lucky in that we have this forum and such a nice bunch of girls to support everyone through it all.

Hey girls my friend went through it after her surgery last year. She had other things going on with her relationship and being up north also away from family and friends she withdrew from me a lot. She wasn't happy with them for a while even though now they are what she wanted but she thinks she will go bigger in the future. as much as everyone around her including myself thought they were amazing she wasnt happy. I found myself dealing with depression before surgery as was so worried that I was making the wrong decision. I didn't want to be getting boobs to fix me only to make me feel more comfortable, and that's another thing if you are getting boobs to fix yourself then you probably won't be happy because they aren't going to fix what's really wrong. Alot of girls think that getting boobs done or nose jobs etc will make them happy then once that's done there is something else that needs fixing and so on. I was getting confused and depressed because I started to think this was why I was getting them done and that related to the size I was getting. Did I need to go big like I did or should I have chosen a smaller size. In the end I saw that it was what other people were saying that had made me start doubting my decisions and once I started talking about it all to my very close friends and them getting excited with me that was when the doubts left my mind. All in all you need to keep communicating about anything that is affecting you weather it be how your feeling or what is happening physically to your body that might be worrying you. Sorry if I rambled on but I delt with alto of depression throughout my life and being open about it is the only way to deal with it xx

I hear you. But depending on age, number of pregnancies and resulting difficulties, we ladies sometime become a work in progress to put everything back to where it was. I've got booby blues but am very aware I chose this size and didn't want bigger. But geez if the girls who went larger, don't look amazing. I know the true test will be when I get back to running, the gym etc and will really be happy I didn't go bigger. Will just be grateful I don't have to shove my hands down my sportsbra and adjust my breasts so the areoles are at the same height and evenly placed. Lol

I went through major boobie blues I went from an A to about a D ( I should have been over the moon right? ) but no I hated them!!! I hated the way they looked without a massive push up bra on, I had a big gap in between my boobs. I absolutely hated that gap! However, I still liked them because it was better then having NO boobs. But I got depressed about it until I had my second surgery. Now everything I wanted my boobs to look like is now what they look like. I am so glad I had my second BA otherwise I would still hate them.

I went through major boobie blues I went from an A to about a D ( I should have been over the moon right? ) but no I hated them!!! I hated the way they looked without a massive push up bra on, I had a big gap in between my boobs. I absolutely hated that gap! However, I still liked them because it was better then having NO boobs. But I got depressed about it until I had my second surgery. Now everything I wanted my boobs to look like is now what they look like. I am so glad I had my second BA otherwise I would still hate them.

Did you doctor have to correct them with wider implants??

Will just be grateful I don't have to shove my hands down my sportsbra and adjust my breasts so the areoles are at the same height and evenly placed. Lol

OMG I have to do this too :( although ive now got a Lorna Jane sports bra with a bit of padding so you cant really tell now

Is it because you didnt go bigger to start with? Or did you just change your mind about what you wanted? or was it a case of your surgeon didnt give you what you wanted the first time

OMG I have to do this too :( although ive now got a Lorna Jane sports bra with a bit of padding so you cant really tell now

Is it because you didnt go bigger to start with? Or did you just change your mind about what you wanted? or was it a case of your surgeon didnt give you what you wanted the first time

Well it's a bit of both... the first doctor I saw didn't really let me think about what I wanted. He just said you should get these and I took his word for it. I did however want the natural look then. But I then changed my mind and wanted the fake look.

I prepared myself so much for boobie blues, I was ready for it... But it still came down on me like a tonne of bricks.

I felt like so horrible from about day 3-6 just an emotional roller coaster really.

I was upset because I thought my boobs were too big, they were just swollen, I thought I looked fat, but I was just bloated. I thought that my nipples were going to be facing down forever, theyre starting to come up. I thought I was going to be useless forever, couldnt get myself in or out of bed, but now I can do more and more things. I just could not control it, even with my partner reassuring me every minute of the day, it was very hard for me to control even though i was aware of it. Goodluck with yours x x

I was just wondering who has experienced boobie blues post sugery? I had never heard of it but when I read about it the other day I flashed back to when I saw my sister in law after her BA, I was so surprised that she didn't seem very excited, she was almost hestiant to talk about them and she covered up with lots of clothes and it seemed like something was bothering her. This was when she was 3 weeks post op and I now think it could have been boobie blues but I don't want to message her to ask because she is living up north at the moment. So I was hoping I could get some of you ladies to share your experience, I have experienced post natal depression before and I know how hard that hit me so I am a little worried and want to prepare myself as much as possible for the fact that things could be tough post op.

Thanks

I prepared myself so much for boobie blues, I was ready for it... But it still came down on me like a tonne of bricks.

I felt like so horrible from about day 3-6 just an emotional roller coaster really.

I was upset because I thought my boobs were too big, they were just swollen, I thought I looked fat, but I was just bloated. I thought that my nipples were going to be facing down forever, theyre starting to come up. I thought I was going to be useless forever, couldnt get myself in or out of bed, but now I can do more and more things. I just could not control it, even with my partner reassuring me every minute of the day, it was very hard for me to control even though i was aware of it. Goodluck with yours x x

Hi girls - I thought this was just me. I had surgery a few days ago and just feel so flat and weird by the whole thing. I'm so glad I'm not alone....

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my surgery, PS and hospital visit etc but I'm just not excited about them like I thought I would be. I look at everyone elses pictures and they look sooooo much better than mine post op. My boobs are a weird shape, my nipples are low, my chest muscles are so tight, and they just look plain weird. I know I need to give them some time to drop and settle/loosen but I still feel a bit sad when I look at them. My bf is reassuring me that it will all be ok and is great in comforting me. Will these feelings pass??

xxx

Hi girls - I thought this was just me. I had surgery a few days ago and just feel so flat and weird by the whole thing. I'm so glad I'm not alone....

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my surgery, PS and hospital visit etc but I'm just not excited about them like I thought I would be. I look at everyone elses pictures and they look sooooo much better than mine post op. My boobs are a weird shape, my nipples are low, my chest muscles are so tight, and they just look plain weird. I know I need to give them some time to drop and settle/loosen but I still feel a bit sad when I look at them. My bf is reassuring me that it will all be ok and is great in comforting me. Will these feelings pass??

xxx

Hugs hun, your boobs are going to look fab when they settle in and drop and fluff. ive seen alot of post op pics like yours and once they drop into place they look amazing.

I must admit the whole boobie blues thing scares me a little. Any kind of surgery leaves you feeling flat and crap at the end of it so it makes sense that we wouldnt be feeling on top of the world so excited about everything. I hope you turn a corner and once you start feeling better physically, im sure you will be feeling better emotionally too.

xxx

Exact same things is happening and I'm 2.5 weeks post op - my boyfriend keeps reassuring me theyre going to look great - and reminds me it can take up to 6-12 months to heal drop settle etc. My nipples are low too... These feelings will pass, and you will learn to be patient with them after 2 weeks. IT takes up to 4 weeks to actually get used to them .. My surgeon told me that anyway.

xxx

for the first 4 days I had the booby blues, especially leading up to the day of the operation and the night of.

Whilst I was signing in to the clinic I wasnt event excited like most girls are, I was thinking this is really selfish of me...I'm so healthy and should be greateful for my health and youth and I am purposefully cutting myself up for vanity.After the operation I felt the same if not worse. I felt like id done something digusting and so disripectful to my body. The pain and imobility made it worse as I was like why did I do this to myself, I wasnt that bad before I have been so selfish. I kept going over in my head what was done to my skin, tissue, muscles and the forein objects in my body. my bf kept asking me why I wasn't happy.

for the last year I have been eating natural, healthy and working out allot so I guess I just felt like what I did was wrong. Now almost 1 month on I am loving them, i've regain most sensation back touch and warmth, my skin has loosed and my old tissue has come to the front making them feel more real. They feel more like apart of my body now,

Maybe ur sister felt the same? It's a really big operation that not many of my girlfiends (who've had BA) spoke about in this way. I think u can never really be prepared enough

Wow I really love this thread. I've been feeling a little weird and deflated about the whole boob thing and I haven't even settled on a surgeon yet (pre boob blues).

I've been really worried that I will feel disappointed with my end results or that I'll never fully recover from the operation itself and regret it. I wish we could make this a sticky thread as I think lots of girls on the forum could really use a good venting outlet.