Sign in to follow this  
Minion mum

Help pls post op bras/tops

Hey ladies just thought would start shopping around for crop tops or post op surgical bras have no idea what should be buying and sizes should u get normally a 12b bra but I would say would be 8-10 in crop top (geez haven't bought or worn one since was at high school lol!) anyways maybe thinking sports crops would be ok with the extra lining inside??

I brought mine from www.statina.com.au

x2 cost $122.00 including postage. You may be able to get them cheaper on Ebay but they had run out of my size... there is a chart to check what size you will need... Just measure under bust in CMs and then what post op cup size you are and you'll be either S, M, L etc.

I've been wondering the same question... what size??? All I am certain about is that you need to get something that you can do up in the front, so you don't have to raise arms, at least in the initial recovery days.

Hey I was gven a crop top from my surgeon but was told to buy a spare - I bought one bra which I was told to get 1 size up from my current sze, im normally size 10 so get a 12. I got the 12 and once my post op bra became too small I tried changing into my bra I bought size 12, but that was too small, ended up buying a size 16.. and it was quite snug. Id buy maybe even a couple of sizes if I could do it again. Mne were 19$ each and they did the job, they actually came in a pack of 2 bras.

Hey ladies just thought would start shopping around for crop tops or post op surgical bras have no idea what should be buying and sizes should u get normally a 12b bra but I would say would be 8-10 in crop top (geez haven't bought or worn one since was at high school lol!) anyways maybe thinking sports crops would be ok with the extra lining inside??

i have bought crops from target, they have the removable modestly cups... very similar to ahh bra... i normally wear a 10A in bras... i bought a 12 in this crop, but when i wear my rice bags + 10D bra (from sis-in-law) + crop the crop tends to ride up... i reckon i need about a 14 in this crop post-op

x2 cost $122.00 including postage. You may be able to get them cheaper on Ebay but they had run out of my size... there is a chart to check what size you will need... Just measure under bust in CMs and then what post op cup size you are and you'll be either S, M, L etc.

I second the statina. I used the Anna http://www.statina.com.au/annazipperpost-opbra-1.html ones and thought they were great. I used the Anna in a size med (I'm usually a small/extra small in other clothing etc). They have both hooks and zips at the front and you can use both or either to do up. Delivery was really quick from ordering.

I second the statina. I used the Anna http://www.statina.com.au/annazipperpost-opbra-1.html ones and thought they were great. I used the Anna in a size med (I'm usually a small/extra small in other clothing etc). They have both hooks and zips at the front and you can use both or either to do up. Delivery was really quick from ordering.

Hi thanks I did actually see those on eBay quite like them more attractive looking than some surgical bras I've seen lol!

That's where I got mine too, and I had an adidas sports bra and a few of those target crop tops. Hubby said out of all of them the pink target crop top is the cutest! But the one from the website I got was the "Anna" and the fact that it did up at the front for me was a god send because I had my incisions under my arms so I couldn't put tops on etc. I thought the pressure and support was really good and I wore that for my first 2 weeks then I moved onto the target one now I just alternate between those two :)

I bought some wireless bras from BNT and they measured me as a D cup but the sports crop is comfier :) xo

Haha yes Anna is brilliant :)

Just had a look at them I like those too thanks :)

You can buy them from the company I'm thinking about having my surgery through

Ultimatebeautyescapes.com.au/store

They are a Perth based company, pretty sure they have a shop aswell for any of you Perth girls.

Katska did you get the anna in a medium or large? im always a xsmall so puzzled as to what sizes to buy

I got the medium and found it was perfect. Don't forget your swollen the first week so once the swelling went down and went away it fit like a glove. But I think the pressure the first week was good and extra supportive. It wasn't too tight and I wasn't popping out but I did think at first holy crap I should have got a large haha but after a few days all good :) I didn't have any idea though what size I was going I literally walked in and said I want what you think is in proportion and I want to look natural as possible. So I guess if you are expecting to go a little bigger etc the large would be better.. Although you said our before pics are similar and I think even if I got the 300 the medium would have still fit.. I hope that makes sense darl!!!

The crop tops I got were a size 10 & a 12 (have only worn the 10) I'm usually an 8. The other girls have said ahh bras are really good just get two tops with 2 diff sizes up from what you normally are xo

I got the medium and found it was perfect. Don't forget your swollen the first week so once the swelling went down and went away it fit like a glove. But I think the pressure the first week was good and extra supportive. It wasn't too tight and I wasn't popping out but I did think at first holy crap I should have got a large haha but after a few days all good :) I didn't have any idea though what size I was going I literally walked in and said I want what you think is in proportion and I want to look natural as possible. So I guess if you are expecting to go a little bigger etc the large would be better.. Although you said our before pics are similar and I think even if I got the 300 the medium would have still fit.. I hope that makes sense darl!!!

thanks hun sorry to keep bombarding you with questions but your the first ive come across thats very similar to me :) im thinking of going about 300cc but my dr said im going under the muscle so that will reduce the outcome i think??

im usually a 6 so i think a medium should be fine by the sounds of things

Don't be silly ask as many as you want!! Sorry I hardly get a chance to come on here so I've probably missed heaps of things!! Just pm me :) I can't remember what my surgeon said but it was something like "i will go over the muscle but under the breast tissue"?! No clue but I'm sure mine are overs lol

I swap between my post op bra and 2x for $12 form Kmart ahh bra things. They have removable padding which I took out and use 1 or 2 at a time and they are very supportive because the front is 2 layers. Though I had overs so I can use my arms but they are well worth they price. I bought 3 packs of 2 :)

So you need to find crop tops with zips or can standard crop top go over the head without much pain? I have found some zip crops on eBay not sure if they are needed though

I only needed to go up one size but did have back ups in other sizes in case. Kept the tags and docket and returned them. I stepped into my crops and pulled them up. I found it difficult getting into crops over the head for a good month. I had no problems raising my arms over my head. It was just that they were awkward to get into because they are a firm fit and my flexibility was limited. For bra with back fastening, I would do up in the front, turn it to the back then put my arms through the straps. Reverse for getting off.