Sensitive Nipples?

Mine finally left about week 5 or so. Once I was able to go braless at 4 weeks, it really seemed to improve quickly. I think the extra stimulation from fabrics helped. They were gradually improving over the whole period, though. FYI,I wasn't braless all the time. Just at night and occasionally some days. Mind you, this could have been pure coincidence, too ;).

I was the same for the first couple of days. Then I got sensitivity back.

I also thought about massaging, but on the Post Op care instructions next to massage it says just 'Don't', so I wasnt sure ?? Maybe thats just the implant itself.

I just hope it goes away soon. I mean it sounds worse than it is, it's just irritating I guess.

My left was numb after the op and is coming back after now I've just passed week 3, but my right one was super sensitive from the get go, even having a shower and the water spraying on it was killing so I have to cup my hand over it lol.. Hopefully a few other girls said after 4 or 5 weeks its so annoying!! And painful!!

Thanks mrstag!

I'm in my comfort bra 24hrs... Because it says in the Post Operative care instructions to wear a bra for 3 weeks.

When were you able to go bra shopping for wired bras was it once your stitches healed?? x

I haven't been given the go ahead as yet. I haven't had a face-to-face check up with Dr Harwood, just by email. I plan on flying down to see him for my 3 month check in March. I think if I'd seen him for my 4 week I'd have been cleared for wires. To clear for wires he'll want to ensure you have some degree of sensation in the underneath of your breasts and along the incision line. Renkim was cleared at 4 weeks and her description of sensation is similar to mine and I've pretty much had feeling in and around my incisions the whole time. I have bought an underwire and I'll just wear it for very short periods, very occasionally.

I wore my post-op bra and sports crops 24/7 until my 4 week check up when I asked when I could stop and he told me I could. Love being able to go braless sometimes, especially when it's this hot. :)

Hahah braless sounds amazing, I cant wait.

What risk does wearing a wired bra often pose? I thought after your cleared you could wear them as much as you liked? Id be so devo if I had to wear these horrible looking bras for majority of the time :( Or can you get nice-ish wireless?

I haven't been given the go ahead as yet. I haven't had a face-to-face check up with Dr Harwood, just by email. I plan on flying down to see him for my 3 month check in March. I think if I'd seen him for my 4 week I'd have been cleared for wires. To clear for wires he'll want to ensure you have some degree of sensation in the underneath of your breasts and along the incision line. Renkim was cleared at 4 weeks and her description of sensation is similar to mine and I've pretty much had feeling in and around my incisions the whole time. I have bought an underwire and I'll just wear it for very short periods, very occasionally.

I wore my post-op bra and sports crops 24/7 until my 4 week check up when I asked when I could stop and he told me I could. Love being able to go braless sometimes, especially when it's this hot. :)

Hahah braless sounds amazing, I cant wait.

What risk does wearing a wired bra often pose? I thought after your cleared you could wear them as much as you liked? Id be so devo if I had to wear these horrible looking bras for majority of the time :( Or can you get nice-ish wireless?

As far as I know once you're cleared for underwire, you can wear them whenever you want. I can't wait to wear some of the balconette styles. At the moment i try them on and take photos! I've also noticed that a lot of bikinis are underwired now too. Bought a new pair after Xmas and pulled out the wires.

• 2 months later...

Was just reading this thread now I am post op to see when everyone nipples get better. OMG mine are super sore feels like cracked nipples in early breastfeeding due to poor attachment. Yep the shower pressure hurts them, the slightest touch, ouch. When does the pain and sensitivity subside?