Breast Augmentation before children - Dr V July 2013

Hey everyone!

I'm all booked in for my BA with Dr V in June. Very excited and nervous :)

Just want to know if anyone out there has had a BA before having children and if their experience was good or bad? Were you able to breastfeed as normal?

I won't be having kids for at least another 3 years and always thought to get them done afterwards but really want them now. I'm just hoping they don't grow huge when pregnant and stretch the skin. Even going on pills that 99% of people experienced larger boobs from, mine never grew... so I'm guessing even while pregnant they won't grow much? But who knows?

If anyone can share their story/experience with me that would be great!:)

I've already had my kids before my BA but really want to know what happens to them after kids as I'm only young and may decide to have one more later on.

Also, my boobs stretched a lot from the milk not breast tissue. They did increase size with the pregnancies but I think that was more so because you also gain weight

I have finished with my kids and when breastfeeding went from an A cup to a D so the skin got quite stretched and saggy. I do have two friends who have breastfed their bubs with implants and have had no problems and no talk of needing a re-do, they have just said they are a little less perky than before, and now have dropped a little and have the more natural look. If anything the implant may help with not losing their shape after breastfeeding?

Also, I think there are less complications with breastfeeding if you are able to avoid scarring of the areola. If the nerves and sensation are affected in the nipple the lack of sensation when your baby is at the breast may interfere with milk supply and the 'let down reflex'. I would push for an inframammary or transaxillary insertion point. Just something to think about :)

Thanks mummyof3, I've actually read a couple of posts saying that mums with implants didn't need a redo straight away. I guess it will also depend on how big the implants are and where they are placed as I've read that overs mean no breastfeeding.

Hopefully for us girls who want amazing boobs now will stay just as amazing once we have bubbies :)