Sign in to follow this  
MissNewBoobies

Painkillers over the counter?

Hi,

Panadine is as good as it gets with no script.

Make sure you take it regularly not just when you have pain otherwise your pain will go up and down. Every 4-6 hours will keep you comfortable.

Panadine has codeine so make sure you drink lots and get some fibre in you so you don't get bound up.

Good luck

GG

Panadine is safe MNB, it's paracetamol (like panadol) with codeine in it. One step down from panadine forte (through script). However if you are still experiencing pain 13 days post op that panadol is not helping with probably not a bad idea to contact your surgeon.

Were you taking the panadol regularly or just when pain set in?

Panadeine is as good as it gets over the counter. Ask for a script from your surgeon or anethatist if the pains any worse.

Only other thing I take for bad pain is dolased, although it has a muscle relaxer in it. I take for back pain and period pain. Might help at night for sleeping though as its the same as a sleeping table just a lower dosage

Thanks guys.

Pain is manageable but I think I just over did it today, I've pulled my arm couple of times on stupid things and it hurts a little but today. Also my period is due to begin and my boobs always hurt so much when they happen. Ill see how the pain is tomorrow, for now ill manage with panadol. Thanks guys.

I was on panedein forte so the panedein should be fine hun. I'm now taking panadol rapid or whatever it is when I need it. I've also heard a lot of people of ladies on here taking mersyndol as well...I know my mum takes it for migraines so pretty strong.

X