2 Weeks Post Op - Able to:

- Get in and out of bed, I still prefer partner helping me up of a morning

- Brushing my teeth quickly with right hand(used to brush super slow with left hand!)

- Clean the house, wipe down benches, spray bottles, sweep (slowly), put dishes away (not up to washing them yet though)

- Shave my underarms (difficult, but still able), legs etc.

- Cook meals, prepare meals

- Feed the cats (bending down was a big one for me, but atleast ive kept my thigh muscles from using them so much!)

- Apparently I can get wet in a pool, not allowed to go swimming in waves

- Tweeze my eyebrows, tint my eyebrows and lashes

- Put a T-shirt on (stretchy materal) OMG huge deal for me

- Sit on the couch without a huge pillow fort

- Put my seat belt on

- Not sure about driving yet, will test that theory tonight and post on here

- Remove my own bra - Could not reach around the back for the life of me

- Put make up on

- Put my hair up in a high pony tail

- Straighten hair

- Wash hair

Just some things to look forward to by the 2 week mark - and it does go quickly.

Will upload post op week 2 pics today.

Soooo looking forward to being able to put my hair up/straighten etc. I attempted my underarms this morning as I was going to see my PS for the follow up appt and didnt want anyone to have to bear witness to that sight haha - wow it was tough and I highly doubt that I did a very good job...it felt like my underarm was soooo far away lol!!

Thanks for sharing hun - some things for me to look forward to :)

LOL thats the same reason I tried shaving before my post op appointment, but it was impossible... poor surgeon had to witness it. im sure they have seen worse things a little bit of hair wouldnt bother them lol. I highly doubt that i did a good job too - but its the thought that counts lol. The first time i attempted , my partner actually had to do it for me... poor guy.

Soooo looking forward to being able to put my hair up/straighten etc. I attempted my underarms this morning as I was going to see my PS for the follow up appt and didnt want anyone to have to bear witness to that sight haha - wow it was tough and I highly doubt that I did a very good job...it felt like my underarm was soooo far away lol!!

Thanks for sharing hun - some things for me to look forward to :)

LOL thats the same reason I tried shaving before my post op appointment, but it was impossible... poor surgeon had to witness it. im sure they have seen worse things a little bit of hair wouldnt bother them lol. I highly doubt that i did a good job too - but its the thought that counts lol. The first time i attempted , my partner actually had to do it for me... poor guy.

Bahaha the things we do!! I tried to get it over and done with before the bf got up so he didn't have to see my mangled form with arms going everywhere haha

I haven't attempted the legs yet...pretty sure I'll need to go get some extra blades to tackle these babies!! :p

Do you guys think this is because of the size you got? I'm 3 days po and haven't really had any issues, I washed my hair last night and straightened it this morning, I've been looking after my 11mo/2yo since day 1. I had been taking pain killers every 4 hours but nothing strong and only the 1 tablet and today have stopped so far but might take another this afternoon. The only time I struggle is overnight its uncomfortable to sleep and waking with morning boobs is painful. I only had the 330cc unders so maybe that's why I'm not having trouble.

I'm sleeping on my back - got myself up this morning for the first time without my partners help.

I'm having difficulty with not been able to raise my arms very high at all. Anything that involves arm lifting isn't very good. My stitches are irritating me and hurt a little it through the day. And my nipples hurt So Much

Are there any things that you are really struggling with still? Are you sleeping on your back yet or side?
  • 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha awwww well im sure mine is all patchy and horrid.

I didnt notice how bad my legs were until I was out in shorts yesterday, I looked down and said :| OMG i need to shave my legs. It was a slow .....slow process but I did get the job done in the end. 2 weeks later, lol gross.

Sounds like waxing b4 surgery might be a good idea, I'll try to remember that. Thanks for all the tips :)

Im the same as new me! Ive been doing my hair since I got out of hospital, I got myself out of my hospital bed as soon as I needed too and really the only thing I've found difficult is pushing hard enough to flush the toilet haha. Size must be a factor in the pain side of things, though I did get the biggest I could go.

Yupp under! I have hardly been in any pain at all.. touchwood.. Today they were a bit sore cause I walked around for quite a while and my incisions kind of hurting a bit right now. But other than that I've felt wayyy better than expected. Ive still pretty much just been lying in bed though cause I don't want to think I can do more than I can and over do it. I have a check up tomorrow so hopefully every things all good :)

It's so interesting as to everyone recovers so differently.

I'm 8 days post surgery and can do everything (don't mean to sound like I'm bragging)

I have been driving since 2 days post op.

Taking complete care of my hyperactive 3 year old.

Can wash, straighten and curl my hair.

Have been shaving since day 2.

Last night I did the grocery shopping (carefully of course).

I can get in and out of bed unassisted since day 2.

I drove 2 hours to my post opp appt on day 4 for my drains to come out.

Can dress myself and my son with ease since day 2.

Can lift my arms straight up above my head.

I have even had a night out dancing for my best friends birthday on day 6.

The only thing I've found hard is reaching/stretching for really high cupboards cause it feels like it pulls a little.

Other than that and a little tightness on my chest I feel like I did before survey.

I don't really think it has much to do with size as to how you recover. I had 460cc which isn't a small implant and it was an "extremely tight fit" words of my PS anyway. I just think everyone's body recovers differently. No two bodies are the same.

BA - Dr Tavakoli

1st Feb 2013

460cc HP round textured.

10A post surgery now a 10DD-E