OMG Hard lump in breast

so this is slightly off topic but omg i just found a lump in the underside of my left breast *freaking out*

I stopped breastfeeding my daughter suddenly in November and went from feeding alot to nothing at all so it was really quick. so maybe its from that

Anyway, im really scared now, should i see my GP about this or should I wait for my consult in 2 weeks. Im thinking they would know more if it was something more sinister right?

ahh totally freaking out

It could be a number of things - the only way to know for sure is to go and get checked out and maybe get a referral for an ultrasound scan.

The chance of it being anything sinister (like cancer) is very low, particularly as you are so young. But any unusual health changes always warrant investigation.

I have been through something similar (all ok thankfully!) and it was so traumatic - there was no way I could have waited two weeks to get some answers!

Best of luck!

Yeah it might be, I had one checked out just last week :confused: She pretty much checked if it could move easily, if it was smooth and asked if it was sore and if it changed with hormones etc (if you have those symptoms is unlikely to be bad)! Mine turned out to be a tiny cyst. All the best xo

ah ok cool, will go see my gp tomorrow. Im sure its just milk ducts or something from stopping breastfeeding so suddenly
  • 3 weeks later...

thought i should update - at my consult on wednesday the surgeon felt the lump too and said i cant consider having surgery until i find out what it is and referred me to see someone.

I had an ultrasound today and turns out it is just prominent fibroglandular tissue and completely normal but definitely glad i had it checked out and can have peace of mind now

cant wait to go ahead with my BA now =0

lol i actually dont know lol Dr Google tells me it is the milk ducts and actual breast tissue not including the fatty tissue that makes up the breast. Makes sense that it is so prominent in that you can feel it because my breast have a very low amount of fat in them, jsut skin and "fibroglandular breast tissue" hahahah implants should fix that problem =)

MrsGsorry you had to go through this too its a bit scary, did your breast tissue become less bump and fibrous after a while? i have no breast milk left in there so i hope it goes away soon

Karaleaphahahah yeah i think its the milk thing, but i dont think that it is actually blocked with milk but that it is just fibrous and you can feel all the milk ducts and stuff because my boob is basically skin and then that hahah

Moral of the story is kids will wreck your body hahah and if you have kids dont bloody breastfeed cause they will ruin your boobs lol

MrsGsorry you had to go through this too its a bit scary, did your breast tissue become less bump and fibrous after a while? i have no breast milk left in there so i hope it goes away soon

Karaleaphahahah yeah i think its the milk thing, but i dont think that it is actually blocked with milk but that it is just fibrous and you can feel all the milk ducts and stuff because my boob is basically skin and then that hahah

Moral of the story is kids will wreck your body hahah and if you have kids dont bloody breastfeed cause they will ruin your boobs lol

Apparently my breasts are prone to getting cysts so it is something I will always have to keep an eye on. In saying that they don't feel as lumpy as what they did. I don't know what the process is with getting checkups after a BA..I will have to look into that. It's just a pain though cause I feel a lump and get worried still, wondering if it has always been there or changed etc.