Had my op today :-) dr harwood has done an amazing job!

Had my op today and now home, put my kids to bed.. Yes I have had to lift my 11 month old and its not unbearable but I am trying to do the bare minimum since hubby is helping me tonight and then off to work tomorrow. Was over so quickly, went in, had my happy drugs, woke up with boobies! Yay and then had a spew or 3 as my body isn't a big fan of drugs then came home had another spew and a sleep and woke feeling awesome. My chest is tight but not horrible and just took 1 painkiller and feeling fine again. Been a bit naughty and did some washing (our power has been out for 2 days) and I'm sure tomorrow ill wake up in pain but staying positive. Sorry if that's sounds like I've spoken without taking a breathe. Kinda freaking excited/happy :-D

Hey new me. Try and take it easy, you may be able to handle the pain well but it's the other complications like bleeding/haematoma or pulled sutures. It must be hard with an 11 month old however if you can try and pick him/her up from a sitting position if you have to. All the best x

Congrats,

Don't push yourself too hard. Gets some rest. But then again 25 is so far behind me, forgotten how much energy you kids have. Lol. Please try and remember what Blonde has said. It's the possible complications you have to worry about when the body over exerts itself. The body tends to exhaust itself before the mind does, so please be careful. Xx

Congrats new me!!! I agree with the other ladies, you need to take it easy as you could do damage. It must be so hard with a baby to look after. Is bubby at daycare during the day or do you have any help? I remember dr h saying when you come home first day you will feel great due to all the drugs, but after that wears off it will be painful. Rest up as much ad you can,

Can't wait to hear about your progress :)

Day 1 has been pretty good aswell, I've been taking bare minimum pain killers so 1 tablet every 4 hours because I can't be drowsy with my kids at home. This afternoon it's all caught up to me I'm pretty tired and a bit sore but hubby is home from work and ready to take over shifts now ;-)

I've been picking my bub up from her level and close to my body which has made it easier and everything they need is out on the kitchen bench or preprepared.

They look amazing already I've not had much swelling aside from first thing this morning, and they fluid is squelching in my ribs which is apparently a good sign that its draining well.