Sign in to follow this  
Hannie1989

Under breast incision VS Arrmpit- Dr Pipyas

Hello All,

Well final emails today with Bangkok Hospital Phuket, i am getting VERY excited!

A quick quesion though -

Does anyone know why Dr Pipyas would want to go under the breast crease, instead of under the armpit?

Am currently a B cup, wanting to go to a D cup.

Is size the issue, or does it have to with the breast tissue?? Bit confused, any help would be awesome!

Regards, Hannie1989

Hi Hannie,

Crease incision is probably the most common type of incision for BA. Each surgeon has their own preference. But it has nothing to do with your particular sizing or breast tissue.

Were you sold on underarm incision and if so, why?

Kara-lea

I sort of was sold on armpit incision, mainly due the the scaring.

I would prefer to have scarring under my armpits than on the breast area.

I am very similar to you in breast size, being a size 10B and wanting to become a 10D.

Which incision did you get?

It can be slightly more difficult to place through the underarm. Not impossible though. And sometimes a size issue if your going really large.

I was convinced of underarm incision until my surgeon mentioned that in Australia girls mostly wear singlets and dresses which if you lift your arms the scar can be seen as when in a breast crease it's hidden more by clothes etc. Also mentioned to me tha there is limited visabibilty through underarm and the risks are increased with bleeding.

Ok so before I started researching BA's I was sold on arm pit incision for the same reason. But after researching further and talking about it during consultations I quickly saw the difference. Think of it like this - how often do you see the bottom of your breast? Pretty much never unless you are looking fRom underneath. How often do you see your underarm? Quite a lot - getting them waxed, wearing sleeveless tops and dresses, dancing etc...a lot more out in the open. My PS said if something went wrong he would go through crease for revision surgery anyway so would prefer tp just have the one scar. On scarring - obviously everyone is different but there are a lot of measures you can take to decrease the appearance of scar.. I know from looking at my sister's, I had to look extremely closely and hard to find they had faded so much over the last 2 years.

And not only with the scar being seen, what about not being able to wear deodorant for weeks until the scars heal, and no shaving/ waxing... I think theyd be such a pain to deal with.. Its going to be a pain enough under the breast i think id hate to have them in my armpit!

And the surgeon wouldnt put an implant larger than 300cc under the armpit (i dont think.. )

Unless your going saline which can be filled after being inserted thru the tiny incision.. A silicone gel one shouldnt be pushed thru a tiny cut as it may damage the shell.

The only person who will see your crease scars is ur partner- unless you plan on doing some nude modelling :)

And also if your going under the muscle theyll have to cut through it and stitch it back up if you go armpit, whereas the crease they can simply lift the pec muscle and slide the implant in - easier insertion= easier recovery. Less bruising less internal stitches etc.

Hannie1989,

Don't give up the idea of nude modelling just yet. The crease incision can be very well hidden if done in the right place. These days hard to tell the difference between my implant incision and bra crease.

All the above comments are spot on so I don't need to add anything.

They'll be perfect ;-)

GG