Woah. That's a bit harsh. Not to sound rude or anything but I think your sister just doesn't want to be outshone on her wedding day.

If she ordered you a size 8 I think that should be more than enough room for your new assets. You're starting from a C anyway so it's not too much difference.

Just out of curiosity, why did she order you a size 8 if you're normally a size 6? Is it just that the dress doesn't come in a 6?

Have you discussed playing it by ear with her? If you do end up getting it done in April then in a few weeks you would have some idea as to how they may end up. If you fit in your dress then all will be fine and if you don't then she can have a friend or family member on standby to step in for you. She has already ordered the dress anyway. If you are no longer going to be in the wedding, then she is still stuck with a dress and I'm sure she doesn't want that.

She sounds like she is being a little unreasonable giving you an ultimatum but I wouldn't worry about it too much. She just has "bride brain" at the moment and is probably just stressed and doesn't want to risk ANYTHING going wrong.

Good luck!! :)

Oh wow that is a bit harsh but I do agree mayb she doesn't want the attention off her unfortunately the brideszilla comes out of all of us tho when comes to weddings but I guess depending on the style of the dress and if only the bust area that needs adjusting you maybe if you find a good dressmaker they should be able to fix it. I had a dress that I bought online and same didn't fit because of my bust (not because of BA had put on weight) I found a lady who was able to fix it and you cant tell the difference Perhaps if you offer to pay for alterations she might be little more understanding.

Thanks Sukki, i have to agree with you.

The funny thing is, she is having a BA done in 8 weeks but apparently, the bridesmaids dress wont look good on big busted women so im thinking that maybe its not really about the dress not fitting after all.

Mumoffive, i told her that if id try it on before the BA and if it there was no room (like with a sizer on or something) then id do it after the wedding, but she still said no. I think its not really about the dress. Im sure it will be no different to wearing a padded bra

I think the fact that she still said no even after your suggestion about the sizers is a huge indication that it's definitely not about the dress.

Every bride deserves to feel like she is the best looking gal in the room but I still think she is being unreasonable.

I know you said you will more than likely get it done in July anyway but if you do get the chance to go through with it in April and you want to, then is it possible to do it without her knowing?

And hopefully by the time she realises she'll probably be too focussed on other things going on with the wedding to even care.

yeah i think ill do that instead Sukii, its such a shame she is being like this, we could have shared this experience together. The surgery that is.

Oh well, I understand her wanting to stand out on her wedding day, but she is a beautiful girl, with an amazing dress, everybody is going to be looking at her. She has nothing to worry about in that department.

Oh well, lets hope her bridezilla moment passes

I agree with it being ok if the dress is the next size up to your usual. I found that most of my clothes still fit after my BA except 3 of my favourite work dresses are now too tight across the bust. The next size up in them would be fine. I went from a 10a to 10dd (although at Bras 'n Things I'm a 10e).

Have to agree with the girls.. BUT at the end of the day is it worth going through all the drama that it will cause you two? I've been a bride and I was never like that but I've heard of brides demanding bridesmaid to dye their hair etc its CRAZY!!!

In regards to sizing, getting the 8 will be ok if you are a 6. At Forever New I'm a 6, but none of my dresses fit so I've had to put them all on eBay! Now I'm an 8 because of my bust haha love saying that "my bust" lol :p

Running?? What the random!

And i know people whove made their bridesmaids get hair extensions and stuff so their hair was all the same length and styled the same... Crazy. I think i was too relaxed at my wedding.. I literally Didnt get to go bridezilla at all. I should have made the most of it! Haha

Wow - she does sound like she's having a bit of a bridezilla moment! It's understandable with weddings though, I guess :/

I don't think you'll have problems fitting into an 8 if you're aiming for a full D. I got 315s, measure 10 DD/E (though look like a full D) and still fit most of my size 6 - 8 clothes, with the exception of anything that was severely fitted/structured around the bust without stretch. I just find I fill out my clothes better now :)

Good luck with your sister, don't let a silly argument drive a wedge between you. (And you can always get the dress altered at your expense) :)

Jen xx

hahahaha too too funny!! actually the real reason for not wanting my sister to get the boob job 2 weeks before my wedding is because id actually like to see her in my wedding. Shes my sister! we all know that breast enlargement swalls up to 100cc and i doubt they will fit into a size 8 tight fitting dress. When I order the bridesmaid dress I had asked if she had planned to get the boob job before my wedding and her answer was straight out NO! I got a little panicked when she said she was getting them done 2 weeks before my wedding date. Mind you the brides maids dresses cost me $650 each!!!

Up shown on my wedding day please!!!!!!! its my wedding day how on earth will i be up shown! totally busted cassie how embarrassing!!!!!

I just don't understand why you would still say no even after her suggestion about trying the dress on with sizers. It sounds like a pretty good compromise to me.

And you mentioned about the price of the dresses but if you're giving her an ultimatum and she goes ahead with her BA, then as I said in a previous post, you'll still be stuck with an extra dress anyway.

Lol to the person who said imagine of she found this thread lol

Relax Ashley it's all water under th bridge now.

The dresses are open back so it's more then likely to accommodate a larger bust if needed.

Lets all hold hands and song kumbuya

This thread wasn't an attack on you. You had a moment of panick but it's all sorted now.

What does being married have anything to do with it?

I have sisters too so I understand wanting her to be in the wedding and I think if either of my sisters and I were in the same situation and we could meet in the middle (eg. try the dress on with sizers to at least get some kind of an idea of whether a BA would affect the fit or not), then I would be more than willing to compromise.

The way it was explained in the original and subsequent posts is that you were completely unwilling to compromise and it was a case of either get the BA, or be in the wedding - with no chance at all of having both. In addition I only brought up the dress again because that is what your sister said is what your reasoning behind her not having a BA was.

I'm sorry if this isn't the case but you have to understand that that's all I and anybody else had to go off when commenting.

And I've been in a bridal party where something very similar occured (although it was about one of the bridesmaids going on a health kick and losing weight) and the whole thing ended in disaster and left a lot of people very upset.

I just think it would be a shame to let something like this come between you two when there are always simple solutions for everything.

I had to delete my post because i dont want any one thinking im coming across rude or anything! I am not like that at all, im actually a nice person. I just think at the end of the day sukii there are two sides to every story and you should assume that I am bridezilla or jealous! Its hurtful to read that. How can I be jealous of my sister, im actually happy for her and excited for her that we can share this together.

I was stressed and upset at the way she put it to me and didnt offer me any alternatives. That is it! Anyway im going to leave this post as is...