Sign in to follow this  
westcoaster68

Post Tummy Tuck Swelling

Ok so I'm 7 weeks today post op. I had a Vertical T Tummy Tuck no lipo. I had a spot at the t junction that has only just decided to heal thank goodness. My issue is with the swelling. For some reason today I am really swollen. I"m not due my period any time soon, I havent eaten any high sodium foods and I drink loads of water. Is there any other suggestions or thoughts? I havent been wearing any compression garments for a week now and today is the first time the swelling is causing me any discomfort. HELP.

Ok so I'm 7 weeks today post op. I had a Vertical T Tummy Tuck no lipo. I had a spot at the t junction that has only just decided to heal thank goodness. My issue is with the swelling. For some reason today I am really swollen. I"m not due my period any time soon, I havent eaten any high sodium foods and I drink loads of water. Is there any other suggestions or thoughts? I havent been wearing any compression garments for a week now and today is the first time the swelling is causing me any discomfort. HELP.

hi westcoaster

I am 5 weeks po and last week I took myself off to the hospital as I thought I had a seroma. I was seriously swollen and bloated. I have been wearing my full compression garment 24/7 since day one, so didnt think it was just swelling, and nowhere else was swollen. They did a battery of blood tests etc, even put a canular? in, in preparation for IV antibiotics. Eventually the dr asked if I needed to pass wind or go to the toilet lol. I nearly died, as I didnt. Anyway I was allowed home some 6 hours later, with no result. I did in fact get my period the next night, so maybe that was it, but who knows. I did email my dr and he did say that random blow ups do happen and will continue to happen as the body heals.

So... Im guessing you have just had a burst of swelling too? Maybe you could consider wearing your garment again, even for a few hours a day?

Anyway, hope your tummy settles down soon.

I just looked at mine and am hoping that what I see is swelling, cause I dont see flat :(

Thanks ladies. Yes i put my compression garment back on today and will continue wearing it during the day while I'm at work. It seems to be a bit better today. I'm off to Brisbane in a couple of weeks for a few days and I cant see me wearing it over there in their humidity!!

I'm 7 weeks too and haven't really been wearing my garment for about a week and I've been really swollen the last couple of days, especially the top of my tummy. Must just be our bodies getting used to no compression??