Sign in to follow this  
Batty Girl

How soon after BA could I wear an underwire bra?

Hey Girls :)

So I am now 9 days post op and I was wondering when is it ok to wear an underwire bra? By about six weeks or so? I am heading out to dinner tonight so I think it would be much better to go braless than to wear an under wire? Could you sneakily try one on to see what it looks like for two seconds then take it off? Haha thanks :)

Batty Girl, every surgeon has their own recommendation for when it is ok to wear underwires. It also depends on the individual's recovery. They basically want to ensure you have sensation around the incisions so you can feel any discomfort or pain that may happen. I tried on underwires at about 2.5 weeks just to see what they looked like.

Thanks KaraLeap! I definitely do not want to do anything to ruin them! I am so protective over them, they are like my children! :p

Haha I know what you mean - when there are people walking towards me I sort of shield my babies and turn slightly just in case they're clumsy and fall or flay their arms and smack me in the boobs haha

Haha I know what you mean - when there are people walking towards me I sort of shield my babies and turn slightly just in case they're clumsy and fall or flay their arms and smack me in the boobs haha

Lol this was me all over in the night markets in Bangkok!! I would literally walk around making a cross over arms symbol lol!! My incisions are under my arm but my surgeon said 6 months.. Hmm :(

Lucky you chinchilla :) see how every surgeon is different...it's important to follow what YOUR surgeons instructions.

It may not entirely be due to incision type either. I think I've read somewhere that wearing them too early can inhibit the implant dropping to its natural pocket/position

Lucky you chinchilla :) see how every surgeon is different...it's important to follow what YOUR surgeons instructions.

Having said that, I still need to wear a bra 24/7 so when I come home I usually keep my underwire on til I shower at about 9-10ish then change into a crop for bed. Wearing a bra this long kills me but I feel so unsupported when I don't have one on as I'm so used to wearing one. It's a funny feeling not to have one on, particularly when bending over. I have to continue wearing one all the time til I see the dr again on 12/3. By then it will be 3 months wearing a bra 24/7 :p

I was cleared at 7 weeks. It depends individually also. If your no progressing as normal/like most you might have to wait longer. Just check with your surgeon.

As for a quick sneak peak I don't see the issue if it's just for a few minutes :) I wouldn't go buying bras jus yet though, they will change a lot over the next few weeks.