Sign in to follow this  
Batty Girl

One side dropping faster? Will they appear bigger when dropped and fluffed?

Hey :)

Sorry I am sure this has all been answered before but I was wondering how common it is for one side to drop a little slower than the other? I am 9 days post op and already lefty is settling nicely, righty is taking a bit longer but getting there! I heard your dominant side takes longer as the muscle is stronger on that side?

Also righty looks a touch bigger maybe as hasn't dropped so much yet? I was a tiny bit smaller on my left side pre surgery but not noticeably really. I don't mind if it stays the same size cos the bigger the better :p Damn boobie greed got me!!

If you have a look at my pics, I posted some today and they actually look bigger now swelling has gone down?! Is it possible as the drop and fluff they will appear bigger? I have under the muscle textured and wasn't sure if the textured dropped that much?

Thanks so much girls!

Em x

Hi Em,

It's important yo treat each breast as a different surgery - each has the potential to heal differently...so yep it's totally normal for one to drop quicker than the other. My left is lagging behind in the healing, still quite swollen and sitting high. I thought it would have been the case with the dominant side too but I'm a righty?! I'm thinking it's coz my left was slightly bigger so less room?

From what others have said, after drop and fluff they can get or appear bigger...I'm not speaking from experience tho as I'm only 7 days P.O..

Kara-lea

X

Hey Batty Girl, I just measured myself to answer a question of misha's. I was 91 cm at 2 weeks, 92 cm at 6 weeks and 88 cm today (8 weeks). I don't think they look smaller and the wireless bra I bought at 2 weeks still fits. In fact, it quite took me by surprise to see the number. My right took heaps longer to drop. Until a week ago it was about 1.5cm higher than left. It's now well within a cm of the left. I asked about size changes at my 4 week check up and he said it would only be subtle.