Sign in to follow this  
Ozpixie

How long until you can drive after BA?

My surgeon said no driving for 10 days after surgery, I drive a manual and was a a bit ginger even driving on day 10, maneuvering the gear stick, especially into 5th, and you don't realise how much you use your chest muscles in steering etc, so I would say no less than 10 days and even then be careful, wait for 2 weeks if you can get away with it.

Thanks guys ill leave it as long as possible,

Also Cherry.pie, I also read on another post that your surgeon said not to lift your arms over your head for 6 weeks? Did I read right?

I'm going with 410cc tear braz dual plane, I'm on my 2 week count down ,

Freaking out a little as I'm a hairdresser and have only really allowed my self 2 wks off but obviously my job involves upper body the most!

Hey! I drove today just down the road to the supermarket and I'm 7 days post op. I only drive an auto bit I seriously still found steering quite uncomfortable - there is a lot of roundabouts in between my house & the supermarket and just found the turning quite weird..its hard to explain the feeling but I'm not going to drive again for a while - didn't feel like I had control completely of the car!

I was 14 days I think post op and parking/reversing used the muscles under my arms and under my boobs.. and it hurt not like a lot but felt like something heavy on my chest?? I'm just over 3 weeks now and fine I also found the seatbelt going across me hurt so I held it a little bit away from my chest xo

I drove at 5 days with little problem. We have a manual 4wd. Reverse was hard to shift to but was fine if I used my right hand. 5th was uncomfortable but I could choose to not use it. I'm lucky, though, that work is 10k from home with 3 roundabouts, one set of traffic lights and highest speed zone of 80. School is 2k. I only drove for work and school, though and I only work 2.5 days a week. My dr said I could drive at 4-5 days.