Sign in to follow this  
Sarah410

Ps & ent melbourne

Hey Guys,

I am looking to find out who is both a ENT & Plastic. So far only southwick is what I can come up with. Had an appointment with his nurse and the waitlist is til Oct 2014 just to see him. Unless I want to book surgery without even seeing him..

Anyway I have been told that Kleid is ENT but not plastic?? Southwicks nurse told me to be careful of getting plastics done by an ENT only as she has seen a lot of botch jobs come in for revision. SO I am hesitant.

I was just thinking tip and dorsal hump but the nurse thinks I have a deviated septum so I dunno..

I was planning on seeing Kleid, Southwick and Carlisle.

If anyone knows any others please let me know.

Negative feedback is always appreciated as well. PM me if you need to.

I have been following this forum for a while, although I'm more of a follower than a 'poster'.

I must say, I would be absolutely lost without this forum however sometimes too much information can also be quite confusing. Basically, I had my heart set on Greensmith (purely based on what I've heard, haven't gone to see him) but unfortunately cost is a big factor for me. I also think, based on the forums, that paying a lot doesn't guarantee good results (and I'm not referring to g/smith here, I've heard nothing but good things about him) Long story short, I cracked it and thought i'd try my luck with ent at the Austin. The consultation was amazing and they strongly suggested I go private because I knew exactly what I wanted. They recommended mr Stuart lee who works at the Austin as well as private. I was very hesitant as he is ent and 'cosmetic'. At my consult with him I felt like we were on the same page, he was not pushy at all, answered my questions (over and over again). I also questioned the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery to which his response was he is a NASAL surgeon. From what I gathered, ps isn't necessarily always the best option. He was able to show me some b & a's and said he would do some imaging if I really wanted but tries to avoid it as it can encourage unrealistic expectations. Even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear, I felt like he was always being honest with me. Negatives so far is his consultations aren't very long however I told him in order to make a decision I needed longer consultation and I ended seeing him for an hour for my second consult. He encouraged lots if questions and was very patient with me. I'm going to go against the bad rap ent's get and book in with him because I've been really happy so far. Also. My nose is so twisted inside I feel like I need an ent. Also, he's quite conservative in the changes were going to make which I would prefer over looking like I've had a nose job. Don't get me wrong, I'm really scared but I think he's the surgeon for me. and he's actually not THAT cheap (6k without insurance, bout 4k with private which i have) I will be posting on here post op (hoping to book before easter) as from what I understand there isn't a lot of first hand experience with ent's... Wish me luck!

Nossiieee can you PM me the surgeon. It says your inbox is too full to recieve anymore messages.

I tent to be the same way. I rather spend more in the first instance but then again there is nothing that means paying more will get me a better job. I can only go by the research and reviews from what others have said.

Booked out until 2014? What the? I know a few people who have been booking consultations with him only recently and still been able to get in to see him this year.

If you have breathing difficulties then I would suggest an ENT, if it's purely for cosmetic purposes then I'd say go for a PS over and ENT.

If you can get two rolled into one like Southwick, then I'd think he is worth the wait. :)

Booked out until 2014? What the? I know a few people who have been booking consultations with him only recently and still been able to get in to see him this year.

If you have breathing difficulties then I would suggest an ENT, if it's purely for cosmetic purposes then I'd say go for a PS over and ENT.

If you can get two rolled into one like Southwick, then I'd think he is worth the wait. :)

Yeh you can get in to southwick earlier if I want to book your surgery date first.. then you get on the cancellation list and they make sure you see the surgeon before the surgery.. Im not that keen on booking my surgery with a surgeon I have never met.

Have an appointment with greensmith next month will most likely just go on the waitlist for southwick depending on what greensmith says. :)

Yeh you can get in to southwick earlier if I want to book your surgery date first.. then you get on the cancellation list and they make sure you see the surgeon before the surgery.. Im not that keen on booking my surgery with a surgeon I have never met.

Have an appointment with greensmith next month will most likely just go on the waitlist for southwick depending on what greensmith says. :)

Yeah, that sounds fair. I wouldn't want to book until I had a consultation either. :)

I believe Greensmith trained under Southwick for a little while anyway so you should be in good hands with either surgeon. :D

No Southwick didnt train Greensmith. Greensmith has a fellowship in rhinoplasty which Southwick doesnt. Greensmith works closely with Holmes.

I personally would choose Greensmith over Southwick.

I got told that when Greensmith joined the Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery that he sat in on some of Southwick's surgeries for a bit of extra training.

That information could very well be wrong though.

Greensmith also teaches Rhinoplasty to students. He has a very different technique to Southwick (Ive seen them both) Southwick wanted to put rib cartilage on my nose which Im totally against - Greensmith will use fascia instead which is more spongy and natural looking - Greensmith is far conservative and I think he has a better eye when it comes to what noses suit a face. Southwick wanted to change my whole nose, Greensmith will small minor things which will make a huge difference but yet still look like me - I also like Greensmiths imaging better - I looked weird with Southwick. Anyway I have booked surgery with Greensmith in June :):) Wish me luck everyone

Oh another thing I have realised alot of people seem to hate their noses (done by Southwick) when the cast comes off, however with Greensmith everyone loves their new noses from the moment the cast comes off even with swelling - to me that says alot.

Good luck!! :)

Although I don't think you'll need it lol.

I have no doubt in Greensmith's skill.

me too, you wont need luck, you will need all the extra time to obsessively look at your beautiful new nose though:) or is that just me? lol.

seriously Greensmith did an amazing job with mine and i have heard nothing but the same reports of great job, natural but hitting the spot, no pain, minimal bruising and swelling.

hi, like you all i've read many posts on how great AG is but i noticed most of the stories/ pics are from females. does anyone know how he is with male noses? i forgot to ask to see BA pics in consult :S he should be great with both but i just want to be sure he can capture that slightly straighter/stronger masculine shape that male noses require.

Hi Stevey,

Yeh he does look on his website andrewgreensmithrhinoplasty.com.au he has a few on there.

I saw him a few days ago he was really lovely. First consult however so will want another opinion. Price was quite higher then I was expecting. Anyone been to Dr Mendleson in Toorak?

Hi Stevey,

Yeh he does look on his website andrewgreensmithrhinoplasty.com.au he has a few on there.

I saw him a few days ago he was really lovely. First consult however so will want another opinion. Price was quite higher then I was expecting. Anyone been to Dr Mendleson in Toorak?

Do you mind me asking what his quote was?

I have been following this forum for a while, although I'm more of a follower than a 'poster'.

I must say, I would be absolutely lost without this forum however sometimes too much information can also be quite confusing. Basically, I had my heart set on Greensmith (purely based on what I've heard, haven't gone to see him) but unfortunately cost is a big factor for me. I also think, based on the forums, that paying a lot doesn't guarantee good results (and I'm not referring to g/smith here, I've heard nothing but good things about him) Long story short, I cracked it and thought i'd try my luck with ent at the Austin. The consultation was amazing and they strongly suggested I go private because I knew exactly what I wanted. They recommended mr Stuart lee who works at the Austin as well as private. I was very hesitant as he is ent and 'cosmetic'. At my consult with him I felt like we were on the same page, he was not pushy at all, answered my questions (over and over again). I also questioned the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery to which his response was he is a NASAL surgeon. From what I gathered, ps isn't necessarily always the best option. He was able to show me some b & a's and said he would do some imaging if I really wanted but tries to avoid it as it can encourage unrealistic expectations. Even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear, I felt like he was always being honest with me. Negatives so far is his consultations aren't very long however I told him in order to make a decision I needed longer consultation and I ended seeing him for an hour for my second consult. He encouraged lots if questions and was very patient with me. I'm going to go against the bad rap ent's get and book in with him because I've been really happy so far. Also. My nose is so twisted inside I feel like I need an ent. Also, he's quite conservative in the changes were going to make which I would prefer over looking like I've had a nose job. Don't get me wrong, I'm really scared but I think he's the surgeon for me. and he's actually not THAT cheap (6k without insurance, bout 4k with private which i have) I will be posting on here post op (hoping to book before easter) as from what I understand there isn't a lot of first hand experience with ent's... Wish me luck!

Hi Vanessa84,

thank you for your useful post. I am just wondering how you went with Dr Stuart Lee at the Austin?

Hey I also wanted to know if you went with Stewart Lee, I am trying to do some homework before I go next week and there isn't alot 😊