Hey there,

Just wondering if anyone out there has feelings of guilt?

I'm ready to get a tummy tuck, just waiting so save up a little extra cash snd my husband to work up some extra leave. I just feel selfish spending that kind of money on myself when I could use that money towards other things like renovations or a holiday for the family.

Did anyone else feel apprehensive about spending such a large amount of money on themselves?

Yep had the exact same emotion.

At the end of it all, up and down rollercoaster - my partner just said, do it now because I know in a few months youll want to do it and you wont stop wanting or needing it until you have them (my boobs) done.

So I got them and now we can focus on the future - and I dont feel like anything is holding me back.

I always have guilt for the things I do for myself. I think its part of being a woman hehe... We are so used to caring and providing for others that it is a big deal for us to do things (and big things like this) for ourselves. Especially with the costs and recovery time. The thing that gets me through is that I know that afterwards I will love myself more (not to sound vain or anything), and if I love myself more, I will be able to love and nurture others much better ... just a thought :)

Yep I often think like this... We desperately need a bigger house,and are looking to move states.. So it's a huge move. I feel guilty that even though getting a new house is our main priority,my boobs are going to come first. My husband knows how important this is to me,and knows I would give up on getting my boobs soon in a heartbeat if needed to,but like miss Mel,hubby has assured me that we can get both.

I have considered whether the money is best spent on me as well. However I know that we can afford it, even if it could be better spent on other things for the family, and in my case I can't fix my stomach without the surgery. If I could fix it through diet and exercise I think I would find it impossible to justify the money.

I have 3 kids and felt the same-when I had my twins and I couldnt lose the weight it was almost 9 years before I was able to actually go and see a surgeon without feeling guilty.......my husband reminded me that my body did NOT look like that before AND that there are few times after having my kids that I have in fact been selfish.....and you know what?! I ate well, I exercised EVERY day and when I say I exercised I did 4 classes at the gym EVERY morning.....(I am now a personal trainer I LOVE it that much!).....BUT nothing I did took away the pregnant blobby stomach OR the hate I had for it.......THEN hubby said go and get it done-I didnt have time to think as I had 2 weeks and then I had the surgery AND its the best thing I have EVER done for myself EVER! I dont feel guilty what so ever now as I am the 100% mum I was before EXCEPT they had to look after me for a while AND that was fantastic! I am 8 weeks post op this Tuesday and believe me when I say I have NOT looked back! It has literally changed my life! :o)If you want to justify the money think of it this way-it is corrective surgery-my husband put it that way and you know what? It actually helped thinking it was recontructive (which is SO was!)