Sign in to follow this  
fitness

BA and heavy handbag/ backpack

Hi guys,

I will have two weeks to recover from my BA before I need to begin travelling too and from uni with about a kilometre of walking carrying a heavy macbook pro and text books. From your experiences, do you think that I will be able to easily do this without being in all worlds of pain/ damaging the babies? I could borrow a backpack from my partner if this would be more suitable?

So far this is my main anxiety about my surgery in 3 weeks so I think I'm doing quite well :p

Ps the implant will be under the muscle and the incision will be under the breast.

Backpack isn't much easier. I take a backpack to work with my jumper, water bottle, lunch etc and for about a month at least I couldn't put the 2nd arm into the strap. It was to much strain on my chest to put my arm all the way back.

Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. You might be ok. Might be easier to wear it on your front for most of the way ;)

Lol thank you Renkim. Not really what I want to hear but its a reality I need to consider! I'm not sure front would be much better with all that weight pushing on my chest. Maybe I'll borrow one of those wheelie travel suitcases from someone if all else fails!

Hehe..fitness, I was thinking the same, a wheelie suitcase.

I think a backpack would be uncomfortable on your pecs that soon after. Also the weight of it on your shoulders.. But really I'm not too sure I'm only a week po xx

im in the same situation. had by ba on monsdy and going back to uni in the end of feb. i find that i can already put both arms through two slings in the backpack but do need a bit of help from partner right now an not even a week post-op. once you are back to uni youy can trial it all but i think it will be no problem :) or at least i hope so :)

What a great question Fitness! I never thought about bags/backpacks before. Now I am a little worried, my BA is in March (I am getting overs). I hope I will be able to carry a baby bag. It has long straps and I usually wear it on one shoulder rather than across my chest. The bag can get rather heavy if I put a full tin of formula in it or jars of baby food. Luckily I don't have to walk a long distance. Maybe a wheelie suitcase would be the best option for you. I am pretty sure you can find them in Strandbags, they sell a large variety of suitcases. It would be even better if you could borrow one though. Good luck :)

I had my sizing appointment yesterday. It has been recommended that even wheelie bag would be no good because it is still "jolty". It seems like my surgeon really limits everything though, I'm really not allowed to do ANYTHING for 6 weeks.

oh gosh, im getting my BA done on the day before good friday and go back to uni exactly 11 days after my BA. Might have to organise with my uni to see if i can get a locker or something otherwise ill just ahve to carry my laptop and leave the books at home

I have 12 days. The lady that did the fitting recommended that my best option was to invest in an iPad. What's $500 when you're getting a $10,000 boob job? A LOT WHEN YOU'RE A UNI STUDENT! I have organised a locker and will have to just leave my laptop in there over night I guess! Not ideal...

I am two weeks post op tomorrow, & I would be fine carrying a back pack now if I had to! I think it totally depends on the individual & how you recover! Everyone is so different, you may be fine! :)