Sign in to follow this  
New assets

What to take to a consultation

Hi ladies.

I rang the rejuvenation clinic on Wednesday 30th of jan to book a consultation and to my surprise i got in this Friday the 1st of feb. I was so thrown off by my quick appointment I forgot to ask what I need to take with me, can anyone please tell me what I should wear or what I will need to take with me please?

I have also been reading a lot of stories about experiences with recovery. I won't have anyone with me at night to help me out with anything, so does anyone have any tips they can share with me please. This is my biggest concern as a lot of ladies can't even get out of bed on their own. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Hey New assets. All I took with me was pics of what I did and didn't want and a list of questions. I used my boyfriend's phone to record the conversation which was great when I couldn't remember the answers he gave and used mine to take pics of the sizers.

Wear whatever you want but I suggest you don't wear a black top. When you try on the sizers, you'll do it in a post op bra but if you want to put your top on to see what they look like in clothes, dark coloured tops make them look smaller than they are.

Do you have any friends that could stay the first night or so? I could get out of bed ok but I have a timber framed bed so I could put my foot under and link it on the frame and use it as leverage to help pull me up.

Here is a list of questions I compiled:

Surgeon

* What is the most common complications you have encountered?

* How many additional operations can I expect over my lifetime?

Pre Op

Bra’s/crop tops? What can/can’t be worn while recovering?

Twilight or General anaesthetic ?

Payment options? When do deposits/balances etc need to be paid? * What is your cancellation policy?

What medications should I avoid? What should I take prior – arnica etc?

Post Op

How long until I can shower? What about sitting in a pool (not swimming)

Do you use drains?

Do you provide a surgical bra and/or strap and how long do I have to wear it?

How often will I have post-op appointments for follow-up?(and costs)

What happens if something goes wrong? Who is liable?

Will I lose any sensation in my nipples or breasts postoperatively?

Any medications I should avoid/might need post op? Ie for constipation etc?

Sleeping on my back – how long for & why?

Hope that helps :)

Firstly let me say a huuuuge thank you! You brought up a few questions I hadn't even thought about. I will definitely add them to my list.

Recording the session is a good idea also as I believe it would be a lot of information to try to remember.

I most likely can get my friend to stay the first night with me but most of my friends have families they need to look after so it would probably be just one maybe two nights. How did you feel on your first night? The end of my bed is the same height as my mattress so I wouldn't be able to use it as leverage, but what a great idea. I will have to try and get inventive and see what I come up with.

You have been most helpful renkim, thanks so very much.

No worries :)

First night I was still pretty drugged so I slept quite easily.

I did a day by day post of how I felt in my surgery experience. http://www.plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12017-Ren-s-story-Dr-Harwood-)

That might give you a bit of an idea what to expect.

For the bed you could maybe tie rope to each end of your bed that you could hook your foot into?

I've just accepted your friend request so have a sticky beak at my pics. Feel free to pm or visitor message me if you have any more questions.

Hmmm.... I suggest not sleeping in a bed if you're going to be alone? Or be propped up heaps so you are pretty much upright? Do you have a recliner to sleep in at all? I did for the first week & it was a god send (although not for my back lol) but I had to wake my bf to give me painkillers in the middle of the first night. There was no way I was sleeping otherwise lol & yeah take a light coloured tight fitting singlet top with you to try your sizers on with.

:)

I have an "L" shaped couch so I could prop myself up in the corner of it and still use a rope to help pull myself up. I think I will have to have pain killers on the coffee table or bedside table ready to go for when I need them during the night. That way I won't need to get up much, hopefully. If my sleep is terrible I will get a mate to drop round his recliner in his ute lol payment would be a sneak peak at my new assets hehe

It would be a great idea if you list important questions before your consultation. it makes sure that you get the right questions to ask. In this way, after having consultation it would help lessen the anxiety you feel about the surgery. I have this weird thing about talking to doctors so i make sure to list a few questions. :)

You can get few ideas here. This a list of questions you may ask during your breast augmentation consultation. http://www.esteemstudio.com.au/blog/rhinoplasty-au/rhinoplasty-questions-to-ask-your-rhinoplasty-surgeon.html