Sign in to follow this  
teelee

my BA journey

eeek im so excited i just got a cancellation app with mark lee for next tues (5 feb), which brings my consult a week closer! this will be my 1st consult, im secretly hoping it will be my only consult!! YAAAAY bring on tues!! i cant wait to fill you all in on how it goes :)

Hi that's so exciting for u yes I had the same but breast fed 5 kids lol crazy i know!! I've sent u FR as I saw ur pics of ur dream boobies and that is the exact look I'm going for. Can't wait to hear ur next stage of ur BA journey :) hope all goes well on tues

i thought i would add to this a little for anyone that wants to follow :) so as most of you know i had my consult with mark last week (tues 5th feb) although it didnt go as long as id hoped, and i didnt get much chance to tell him what i wanted, he did actually suggest everything that i had hoped i would get. i was shocked that we ended up choosing a whopping 500cc, but i do want big, and i have breastfed 4 bubs so have excess skin that needs to be filled. he seemed very smart and knowledgable, but he sadly seemed very tired. but i decided that i definately wanted to go ahead with mark for these reasone -

1. he has a great reputation

2. he is very experienced and well trained

3. he is a certified plastic surgeon, not just a cosmetic surgeon

4. he chose for me everything i had initially hoped for - under the muscle, dual place, textured round mentors, crease incision

5. he was fairly priced

because he had offered me everything i had in my mind that i wanted, i didnt see the point in going to see someone else, who might tell me i need something i didnt want, and confuse me even more. i felt very confident in going with mark. so i booked my surgery for the following week (wed 13th feb) eek im so excited i can barely breath. but thanks to everyone elses negativity i do find alot of doubt creeping in and creating nerves, not doubt about the procedure itself (this is something i have waited for since i was 15!) but doubt about my choices on size, placement, type of implant etc. ive had everything from "you will look silly with 500cc, mine are only 400cc) and "my friend had under the muscle and her nipples fell off - my surgeon wont even do unders (he is only a cosmetic surgeon i must add!) and i also get a lot of "my boobs are dd/e and i desperately want a reduction cos i hate them so much, so dont get that big". im trying hard to ignore people but and i keep coming back to being really happy with my choices. so i am counting down the days - nervous and really excited. need to go shopping for some button up tops cos i only just learned i wont be able to lift my arms up to put singlets etc on lol. i went a purchased my post op bras, was a little disappointed the only had beige colour in what i needed, i was hoping for black but nevermind. i will keep updated xxxx

Hi teelee so only like 5 more sleeps for ur BA that is so exciting and I wouldn't worry what everyone negative stories and comments ur dr knows best and if he said yes 500cc will fit and suit u and ur happy with that then that's all that matters ! ( ps had a giggle at the whole nipples fell off story im still wondering how that would be possible lol!) so all the best for next week and can't wait to hear the next stage of your BA journey :) :)

Where are u located bodyplus can u please email me at wakefords@bigpond.com I'd like to organise another bra anyway, imconcerned the ones I got are too tight at the bottom and also they are size e-h, I told the ladies I might be as big as en e so if I'm a d im worried the compression will be wrong

Teelee if that size is what you and your surgeon are both happy with then that is all that matters. This too is my issue. Although I'm not planning on going very big anyway, I already have my mum in my ear saying that the rice sizers I tried were ridiculously big (they were 350cc!).. Makes me feel like if I go the size I want to I may be frowned upon by my family. It's so hard to stay focused on 'its my body my decision' sometimes when everyone has their 2 cents worth to throw in. Im also a little overwhelmed as I only just saw the gp on Wednesday and already in to see Mark on Monday, and if he has an opening for surgery the week after like you, I think I'm gonna freak! Part of me feels not ready yet but I think that's because originally I wasn't going to do this until later in the year, but its all happening so quickly. You only live once, I say we hold our heads high and go for it :)

hi mummyof3 i did reply from my phone earlier but it doesnt seem to have worked! when i went on tues last week he did have about 4/5 surgery times available in the next few weeks, then he goes away for 2 weeks in mid may i think from memory, and then he has some more dates avail after that. i never had a feeling of not being ready, so maybe you need some extra time to think and let it all sink in. i think you will love mark, he is very soft and wise. please let me know how your consult goes!!!! xxxx