Homebrue12

1more sleep rhyno with andrew greensmith

Well here I am, I'm my motel the night before my surgery, thanks to the help and support from everyone on here.

My surgery is at 1.30 tomorrow, do I'll keep you posted.

For those who don't know, I'm having hump removed, tip fixed and deviated septum......ummmmm un deviated?

For anyone who s interested watch this space :)

I have not been able to find a detailed summary of recovery for this procedure, so not sure what i am in for, as in if, i Can drive in a couple of days, able to basic self care ( bloody hope so as I am motelling it by myself) sure it'll be fine.

No more sleeps! At hospital now, can't believe today's the day! Seriously shitting myself...:) was meant to arrive at 11.30 for surgery at 1.30, but they called to say that dr greensmith was having a great day and could I come in a 10.00, hopefully that means I'll get in at 12.00.

That means 1.5 horurs longer recovery time! Desperately want to be able to drive home on Monday after my packing comes out, but I guess I'll see!

Hi, all done, feeling great ! Do know if it's the drugs or if it's going to be this easy! Packing is fine also, was worried about that! Biggest draa so far is trying to balance the ice packs on my eyes, buggers keep falling off. My blood pressure is low so they are trying to get that up.... But ALL good, will giv e a fuller update later.... Thanks for the well wishes!

Hi, morning after, had no pain relief havent needed it.and feeling great. Starting to feel some pressure but all ok, ( im a sook too so no minimising here)Packing is full but ok, just hoping the gross nose drip much stops soon as the most ash packing is gross.

My nose keeps threatening to sneeze... Nooooo way.

Hi, saw Andrew this morning, just a quick hello really,Didn't say anything but what can he really say at this point? will be getting the packing taken out tomorrow, pretty oozy still though so don't know how thatll work.

Taking arnica no bruising or swelling yet! Sure it'll happen.

Big diss appointment with the avenue hospital, nothing major but they kept forgetting me! They forgot water, breakfast, ice, left me sitting with my drip bag in my hand fr 1 hour in the middle of the night, I'm not really a person who worries too much about things like that but when I paid 3 k for one night annoying.

I hope I love my new nose Scorpio, my biggest fear is that the plaster comes off and it's the same or is the wrong shape! Sure it won't be!

Hi, saw Andrew this morning, just a quick hello really,Didn't say anything but what can he really say at this point? will be getting the packing taken out tomorrow, pretty oozy still though so don't know how thatll work.

Taking arnica no bruising or swelling yet! Sure it'll happen.

Big diss appointment with the avenue hospital, nothing major but they kept forgetting me! They forgot water, breakfast, ice, left me sitting with my drip bag in my hand fr 1 hour in the middle of the night, I'm not really a person who worries too much about things like that but when I paid 3 k for one night annoying.

I hope I love my new nose Scorpio, my biggest fear is that the plaster comes off and it's the same or is the wrong shape! Sure it won't be!

I'm sure it'll be fine!

I just Stayed one night and am in my motel now, I didn't believe anyone when they said it want a painful procedure, but totally painless, just need to be prepared it be gross! :) definitely not a glamorous process! I'm a country girl so happy to succumb to my grossness !

Hoping the oozing will stop today so my packing cn come out tomorrow.. No bruising yet, none! Strange. Am sneezing a lot , did that happen to anyone else?

Day 2. Swelling up like miss piggy now :) eyes are fairly swollen and around my mouth and well my whole head really! :rolleyes:

City girl, I can walk around, cook, eat ( definitely eat) I look like a freak! So wouldn't go shopping down the street, but I could.

Still zero pain! I've had a couple of twinges an my nose last night , which ths morning I realise wukd ave been the stitches pulling with swelling, ( even my forehead is swelled) lol.

The packing is fine, comming out today, I'm pretty worried about that, I'll see hw I feel after that and might drive home ( as I hoped I would be able to.

Still oozing a bit but generally 1000* better than I thought it would be.

Sarah, you know I didn't think about that ( not being an ent) but yes I did hump removal, septum and tip reduction, have 0 concept of what it all looks like under there :)

Happy to contribute. I would reccomend come armed with loads of icing stuff, I only brought 2 packs of peas and they were too big to pop over my eyes whilst asleep. ( worried it'd fall down and bump my nose)

And make sure you have a drink beside your bed, deadly dry throught from breathing out of your mouth, oh and arnica, taking that and recon that's why I've got bugger all bruising, I also have a friend picking up some bromelia ( for swelling) today, wish I had that before!

Anyhoo, I'll let u know how the dreaded packing goes ( going to take some pain killers before that though! :)

Happy to contribute. I would reccomend come armed with loads of icing stuff, I only brought 2 packs of peas and they were too big to pop over my eyes whilst asleep. ( worried it'd fall down and bump my nose)

And make sure you have a drink beside your bed, deadly dry throught from breathing out of your mouth, oh and arnica, taking that and recon that's why I've got bugger all bruising, I also have a friend picking up some bromelia ( for swelling) today, wish I had that before!

Anyhoo, I'll let u know how the dreaded packing goes ( going to take some pain killers before that though! :)

Everyone will be bored of my before too longevity all of my posts. Packing out was great, agin, didn't hurt. Weird feeling being ble to breathe, not sure if it's to do with the septum fix of being packed for a day. My only gripe is that they send you off to the pharmacy to get a spray and some oil, it'd be nice if they had it there for you. But that's really my only gripe.

Ok off to have some lunch. :)

Hi,

I've enjoyed reading your posts. I have also had a couple of consults with Dr Greensmith. I'm consulting with a different surgeon tomorrow for another opinion but I'm really leaning towards Greensmith. Thanks for your posts. It's a big help when doing research.

Thanks.

Get to se my nose next Monday, feeling heaps of pressure tonight, feels like my nose is being ' squished under the cast' clearly not, but that's how it feels, I keep going to wiggle my nose too! My own worst nightmare. :)

Ok! Day 3. Phew! I will say a crappy night last night, feeling very vulnerable with the packing out, loads of tingling..ITCHING! And that squishy feeling.

Struggled to sleep, No pain but discomfort with pressure and worry that I'll scratch my face in my sleep! ( sleeping on my hands).

Btw no bruising! But quite swollen in the morning, my frozen peas are sadly very inadequate for the job. Oh and keep waking myself up with a weird snore gasp sound during the night! :)

Sent pictures to mates, one funny girl begged me to say to a stranger hen getting fuel ' never doing Zumba again!' will try it. :)