Back pain and side sleeping

Howdy Ladies, havent been on here for a while, hope you are all doing well..

Im 26 days post op and just would like to know..

WHEN WERE YOU ABLE TO SLEEP ON YOUR SIDE??????

im dying to but just when i think im comfortable i get an ache and have to roll back to my back..

MORNING BACK PAIN???

Did you get it? It wakes me up at about 5 every morning and I just have to get up because the pain is that bad..once Im up and walking around it disappears.. Im assuming its because I sleep on my back and only my back still.. I guess I just would like to know if this is normal?

Any advice please??

Thank you

Hi Link, I had this too but it woke me around 3. I found I could sleep on my side at 2.5 weeks but it took some trial and error to get the sleeping position and pillow combo just right. Some of the girls found putting a pillow under your knees when on your back helps. It didn't for me.

For side sleeping I used my travel pillow and just adjusted until it was in a comfy spot. For back sleeping I was using 2 pillows and I removed one for side sleeping. Renkim used her travel pillow to support her boobs by putting one side of it between her boobs and the other on the outside of the boob she was sleeping on (so it was cradled). I couldn't get this to work as I felt it was pushing me back on to my back.

This might give you some things to try. At nearly 4 weeks, it will start to pass soon. Also, maybe try a pillow under your top leg when lying on your side.

Im 3 weeks post op today and I cant lay on my side. I experience back pain but nothing too severe too wake me up. Im so sore though, I'm usually a stomach/side sleeper. This sucks. Haha. x

Howdy Ladies, havent been on here for a while, hope you are all doing well..

Im 26 days post op and just would like to know..

WHEN WERE YOU ABLE TO SLEEP ON YOUR SIDE??????

im dying to but just when i think im comfortable i get an ache and have to roll back to my back..

MORNING BACK PAIN???

Did you get it? It wakes me up at about 5 every morning and I just have to get up because the pain is that bad..once Im up and walking around it disappears.. Im assuming its because I sleep on my back and only my back still.. I guess I just would like to know if this is normal?

Any advice please??

Thank you

Understanding the cause of your back pain is the key to proper treatment because back pain is sometimes difficult to treat, a better understanding of the cause of pain condition will assist in pain recovery. Twisting , being overweight and over stretching are some causes of back pain.

Hi girls

I was able to sleep on my side at about 10 days post op but got uncomfortable and woke me up so I went back to sleeping on my back , just recently I go to sleep on my side but wake up on my belly at all different times through the night with a sore back.... I'm usually a belly or side sleeper and never had a problem before ...

So who knows what's normal and what's not lol

MumO5

I think I was about 4-5 weeks? I used my travel pillow as a support for my boobs. Used one side of the U under the bottom one and the other side between them. It helped support the top one so it didn't feel like it was hanging. I did have to roll back a little bit to not put to much pressure on my side boob and 'dug' a bit of a hole in the pillow to sit my boob in. Was so much more comfortable than my back. It just meant I had to rearrange whenever I rolled over to change sides.

I'm very nervous about this whole sleeping thing. I'm definately a tummy and side sleeper and don't get much sleep now. I already have muscle pain in the back so I can imagine sleeping will be a thing of the past once I have my BA.

I totally agree gemini. I already get a sore middle back and that often wakes me at night and this is prior to surgery!!!!!

Girls that have already had you BA are you keeping a really good posture through the day? Sorry I can't offer anymore useful advice....maybe some good stretching if possible???

My doc said I had to wait 3 months before side/belly sleeping.

I always sleep on my side or stomach so it was super annoying and I tried to anyway, thinking it was extreme to wait 3 months!

But I kept waking up uncomfortable and it didn't feel right. It takes time but you will be able to sleep on your belly and side again.

I think you should listen to your body and try your best to sleep on your back until it feels comfortable.

I totally agree gemini. I already get a sore middle back and that often wakes me at night and this is prior to surgery!!!!!

Girls that have already had you BA are you keeping a really good posture through the day? Sorry I can't offer anymore useful advice....maybe some good stretching if possible???

I've been concentrating on my posture already because it's always been bad. I also bought a better mattress. I laughed when I read 38 yrs old (a dinosaur on this forum). I'm 46 so I must be older than a dinosaur. I almost thought I was too old but then I found someone who bought herself boobs for her 50th birthday. So now I'm so getting them.