Sign in to follow this  
TheFox

How long did you wait before you got your BA?

How long did everyone wait for their BA once you decided you wanted it done?

And how long did you wait from your consultations until your actual surgery.

It looks like im going to having my surgery on 28th March if everything goes to plan and now im feeling a bit woah this is happening really quickly, i only decided just before Christmas this year that I was going to get them done.

Am i doing this too quickly or is it just a bit of normal jitters lol

Hi I was the same decided just before Xmas and started researching and enquired at PIAC they gave me a date for April which suited me but now that we hit the new year I'm like holy crap only over 8 weeks to go. Did have bit of panic attack about it being so soon but hubby reassured me all will be ok :)

I only decided just before Xmas that I was getting mine done too :). But I don't want them done until June/July,only because its the quietest time of year,otherwise I would be getting them done ASAP.

I'm having my consults when I can,or when hubby is home so he can come along. I'm having the last 2 of the 3 consults I wanted next month,then I can make my mind up who I'm going with and go from there.

With the way the year is going,it will be here in no time!.

yeah i know this year has gone so quickly already. I cannot believe its feb already. I originally planned on june/july also, but the easter break seems alot easier because i have a week off uni, the friday and monday are public holidays so thats 4 days of work that hubby doesnt have to take off and then the rest of the week my kids should be able to get extra days at their childcare because its the holidays. So it just seems easier, but kind of quick at the same time.

Mumoffive,im glad im not the only one =)

You must be crapping yourself? :) If you are kinda confused & feeling that you may be rushing into this will all go away after surgery when you've got this awesome rack staring back at you. I know I did.

It's a whirl wind time between now & then tho. So much info to learn, sizes, projection, incision site, unders vs. overs...WTF...?? And the list goes on.

But first you have to choose a surgeon and date the works wit your schedule and busy life. Arrr!!

I spent the last months of 2012 crawling the internet and asking questions to quench my thirst for knowledge. This forum is a goldmine!! Current and past threads really do carry invaluable information, not to mention how supportive and helpful the ladies on this forum are :)

Even when I paid my fees to Craig's office it didn't feel real, I was uneasy because I just paid via internet banking 'pay anyone', never had I paid that much money without a BSB & A/C. That truly was my greatest concern that my money would be lost lol.

Are you telling many people or just letting them stare in wonder? lol I was a blabber mouth but why not I say :)

You've got the choice of two fantastic surgeons who are at the top of their game. Which ever you go with will give you their absolute best results for you and your image of how you want to look. Their caring staff will take care of you 150% and you'll come out of this and look back after your recovery (as I have) and smile, parts were painful but surgery is.

All I know is you WILL have fantastic boobs and you WILL feel great! Isn't that what we all want..?

Good luck, Little L

Its so natural to be nervous, I cant speak from experience but I'm sure it will go away soon enough. If not, big boobies will definitely remind you it was all worth it!

I've always wanted bigger boobs but never thought BA was really an option simply because of the money factor. When my boyfriend was so supportive when I bought it up and I started researching how much it actually cost I was sold, and knew we could manage it.

Buuuuttt I am trying to save up 5 grand or so before hand so I don't need such a big loan... if it wasn't for that I would be getting mine done WAY sooner!!

Goodluck! xo

Its very overwhelming I agree! I think regardless of when u book the surgery in for it will come so quickly and I don't think u can ever be 100% calm and collected...or at least I wouldn't be! I first started researching before Xmas also and have had 2 consults so far but I'm still weighing up cost factor, time off work etc and a part of me is worried I'm getting carried away!!

If ur anxious about it then book in for a little later down the track to give u more time to get ur head around everything?

I'm sure whatever decision u make u will be happy in the end :)

Kylz Im 99% sure ill be going through Craig or Mark. I cant see myself choosing anyone else. Bth my consults with them are next week and i already have tentative booking for surgery with Mark for 28th March and tentative for Craig on the 18th March but they will try squeeze me for the last week of March as it suits my schedule better.

Not so much in a hurry to get it over and done with for my sisters wedding, its more of a timing factor. We have our own business and since there are 2 public holidays and a weekend it makes things alot easier work wise as we dont have to find someone to fill in for my husband when he takes some time off. Also means more money for us because we wont be paying a weeks wages to someone else. He will be having that time off regardless so may as well make use of it. Thats the biggest part of my rational.

And im way to keen and impatient to wait until July.

I feel like i am well researched now. Im interested in what both surgeons recommend for me and i know i have chosen to of the best to see so i am confident in their judgements in regards to what is best for me and the results i want to achieve.

LittleLi havent planned on telling anyone, but i plan on having the best rack ever so maybe they will speak for themselves lol im the type of person that loves to talk to people about things going on in my life and stuff so thank god for this forum or im sure i would of told the whole world and done everyones heads in. I think hubby is over hearing about boobs lol

Im glad to hear that im not the only one who feels like the are on whirlwind ride =)

I had been thinking about it since I was a teen and started really looking into it in August. I booked my consult in October for mid November and had my surgery on 21/12. It was really quick but I'm a reaaaally impatient person and couldn't wait any longer plus my office closed over Christmas for nearly 3 weeks, so the timing was perfect.

Between now and your surgery you will question yourself so much but if its what you want, you are doing the right thing. I honestly think it is one of the best thing I've ever done and I would do it again in a second :)

I know it won't really help but try not to stress!

im much the same Chinchilla, once i make my mind up i want it now lol.

I never wanted a boobjob, i always had ok boobs, they were perky as most young peoples are lol and although small they didnt really bother me and wasnt something i wanted to fix.

But since i stopped breastfeeding my daughter, they have just shrunk and are just horrible and i dont like to be naked in front of my husband, let alone intimate with him without a top on, not that he cares at all but i do. I worked really hard to lose all the weight from two pregnancies and finally got to a place where i was proud of my body and then i stopped breastfeeding and now it sucks haha

ahhh now after writing all that ive gone back to feeling excited lol =) such a rollercoaster of emotions. I feel bad sometimes because i read the stories on here about girls who have wanted them done their whole life etc and that just wansnt me. Although, come to think of it, ive always wanted boobies. I remember stuffing my bra in highschool lol

Lol! to remembering now that you stuffed your bra. When I was a teen it wasn't that I hated them, it was just they were small but I could go braless which was good. As I got older I put on a little weight then lost it and since then they started to go a little south. I hated the look when I bent over (mainly when washing my hands at work and looked in the mirror lol!).

I'm glad your getting excited again. You will love going shopping and just generally having boobs. I've brought 5 pairs of swimmers in 3 weeks and it's only raining in Sydney at the moment :)

OMG yes, mine are terrible when i bend over, they are like sports socks with a bit of sand down the bottom weighting it down. not very attractive haha

and yes, going braless is a nice plus to having small boobs, although i couldnt go braless now, id just look frumpy haha

im hoping once they wre reinflated and not so south that ill be able to go braless if i wanted =) oooh look at me, already making plans for my new assets that i havent even got yet

Ive even been looking at clothes that i think will look good on me once ive had them done, you know those nice dresses that are a bit low at the back so you cant wear a bra with, im gonna go buy me one of them lol

lol how exciting for backless dresses =)yay im super jealous. Im sure our unpredictable crappy melbourne weather will be well and truly crapola by the time march comes along =)

and thank you, i really hope they turn out nice. I have quite a big BWD (according to my own measurements lol but it explains why i wear a larger cup size then i look)and i havent really seen anyones before and afters with boobs like mine. Ive seen some with the same post breast feeding sunkeness but not really the same overall shape so im kind really nervous but super excited to see what the vectra scan looks like on me - its so nice to have lovely reassuring women on here =)

yay for getting some tentative bookings! you're going to have a jam packed week next week and lots of information crammed into a few days! but it will be so worth it!

back to the original question:

getting a boob job was never a priority in my life, i'd always wante'd bigger boobs, but it was more a dream. i decided to make it a reality one day after i saw the ad for breast.com.au and i thought "wow" maybe it's time... i'm done with having kids and even though my tummy isn't where i want (need toning apparently, so my hubby says) i want my boobs to be bigger than my tum!!

so i joined this forum in october and booked consultations in november to be seen in december and february (which later got changed to january)... my original plan (and still is) was to wait until mid-april as it works in with work and the other staff member who needs to cover my shifts for 3 weeks!

so i guess from the time i actively started researching to getting my boobs will be 6 months!

The Fox, I just decided before Chrissy too, although I have talked about it for many years. I am just so excited to have finally made the ddecision. I am also booked in for March 28th :)

The Fox, I just decided before Chrissy too, although I have talked about it for many years. I am just so excited to have finally made the ddecision. I am also booked in for March 28th :)

Oooh that is so exciting. We can be boob buddies :-). So glad I'm. It the only one going through this process quickly

OMG yes, mine are terrible when i bend over, they are like sports socks with a bit of sand down the bottom weighting it down. not very attractive haha

and yes, going braless is a nice plus to having small boobs, although i couldnt go braless now, id just look frumpy haha

im hoping once they wre reinflated and not so south that ill be able to go braless if i wanted =) oooh look at me, already making plans for my new assets that i havent even got yet

Ive even been looking at clothes that i think will look good on me once ive had them done, you know those nice dresses that are a bit low at the back so you cant wear a bra with, im gonna go buy me one of them lol

Omg I love ur comment about the sport socks filled with sand haha I must admit after reading that I went to the bathroom and bent forward and saw the same in the mirror all I could picture was sport socks stuck on my chest!!!! I was a bit cranky this morning but u made my day reading your post :)

Omg I love ur comment about the sport socks filled with sand haha I must admit after reading that I went to the bathroom and bent forward and saw the same in the mirror all I could picture was sport socks stuck on my chest!!!! I was a bit cranky this morning but u made my day reading your post :)

Mine aren't big enough to be classed as sports socks, I refer to mine as saggy tea bags!!!