How long after your BA did you need help from others for?

How long after your BA did you need someone around you to help?. This is directed more to those who have children.my youngest will have just turned 1 by the time I have my BA.

I'm just trying to figure out hubby's rotation at work,and what dates would work best for my surgery,obviously when he is home.

I have a just turned 1, and a 2yo. I am on day 4 recovery and stopped pain relief yesterday. I have been looking after my kids since day 1 as hubby went straight back to work but his been taking over of a night. Ideally in a perfect world I would have had him home all week just to avoid any issues, I kinda feel like having them around has made my recovery better as I think getting up and getting on with things makes you feel better. If he can try and get him home for at least a week, most of the girls say by day 7 they're feeling pretty good and I know I'm feeling alot better today so day 7 should be great. Good luck!

Hey Polishgirl,

I am glad you posted this question as I was wondering the same thing. I have a 1 year old as well and he is not yet walking. He is quite heavy and also clingy. My partner is able to take 3 days off work so hopefully that helps. The thing that worries me the most is that our little one is a rough baby that is extremely wriggly, hopefully I won't struggle too much after my BA.

It would be great if we had nanny's around for a week or so, lol.

New-Me, were you able to do basic housework during the first few days? For example, hanging out washing and vacuuming?

• 3 weeks later...

With my 1st BA, I had my 5yr old son home, and I had him helping push me up out of bed, helping push me up off the lounge,

helping me put the washing out, and he loved helping me!

So having someone around is great, no matter what the age.

But at the same time, the younger they are the harder it may be.

i would suggest minimum 3-4 days you would need help!

The thing that worries me the most is that our little one is a rough baby that is extremely wriggly, hopefully I won't struggle too much after my BA.

Littleblonde, I have the same worry. My littlest will be only 8 months old when I have surgery and he is a BIG squirmer (we call him Sir Squirmalot!). Not only am I worried about when and how I'll be able to lift him (especially in and out of the bath and the cot), but he is such a brute even just sitting on my lap etc. My husband is having 9 days off, I'm hoping by then that I'll be feeling better and stronger, but because my surgeon requires no bra at all for the first 3 weeks, I'm a bit worried about my little one being rough while I'm holding him and possibly causing damage to my new assets. I guess I'll just have to see how it all pans out. I've know of a Nanny that I might call on for some help in the evenings if I think I can't handle it on my own once my husband goes back to work (he is a shiftworker).