Travelling home day 2 or 3 PO ?

Hey ladies, I'm in the process of working out how long to book my stay in the city after my BA. I will be travelling 4 hrs by train back home with my sister ( she doesn't drive). I'm planing on staying 3 nights in an apartment- so i would have surgery tues morning and be travelling home thurs. do you think it's too much 2 days post op and it would be worth it to stay the extra night/day? I'm going home to 3 kids and hubby who I will be missing terribly- but not the chaos, haha. It's just hard to tell how sore and out of it I will be on the thurs?

Any thoughts would be great :)

X

Hi Hayley,

Everyones recovery is so different, so it's hard to say how you will be feeling, but in my case, I would say you would be fine to travel home day 2! The only bonus of staying the extra night would be to give yourself that bit of extra time before heading home to your kids! I had surgery about 2pm & was home that night by 7pm to two kids! :)

I would tend to agree with Miss K. I flew for mine. Originally booked to return day 2 po but decided to stay on an extra night as my flight was quite early and I wasn't sure how the meds would affect me. I hadn't used any of them before. I'm so glad I had the extra day. My recovery was extremely easy, it was just nice being away from the chores and expectations involved with running a household. The extra day to laze around the apartment, snooze when I felt like it and not prepare meals or feel guilty about housework etc. was wonderful. In actual fact, it was the most relaxing holiday I've had in a very long time. My recommendation is if you have the opportunity to stay another night, then do. I was going home to a 10 yo and 15yo who are fairly self-sufficient and able to help, too.

Hi Hayley,

I haven't had my BA yet but I've been told my many girls on this forum that day 2 is the worst recovery day and then it gets better from then on so my suggestion would be to stay the extra night if at all possible - just in case.

I know it's more money being spent paying for an extra night in the apartment and you'll be missing the family however I think it's better to be safe than sorry. I think it will also be good to be closer to your surgeon just in case you need anything.

Although you will have your sister with you to help you along.

It's a personal decision really.

I'm just concerned that 4 hours in a bumpy train that's constantly stopping and starting when dropping passengers off along the way may be very uncomfortable for you.

If you do decide to go back a day early, maybe just make sure you take enough pain meds and maybe even half a sleeping pill so you're pretty much out of it the whole way home and won't notice any pain hehe.