Sign in to follow this  
Kiddi

Best answer to the big why Questions

Hey ladies, there's been a few threads on here as to who you told about your surgery.

Made me curious as to what your answers where to the people that asked why.

Why would someone who is perfectly healthy choose to go under the knife?

Or

Why? Your perfect the way you are?

Or

Why blah blah blah blah blah?

Hahaha

I haven't had to deal with any of this yet cos I'm only in the planning stages

But would like some ammo for when I do come across these questions.

I don't really have an answer other than cos I want to!

I'm a happy confident person already, I'm a mum of 2 beautiful boys.

I've always had small boobs and I'm ok with that.

I wear push up bras and I look fine. The only time my boobs bother me is when I actually have time to stand in front of the mirror and evaluate them! Which when you've got kids is not very often!

But here I am wanting a BA just to look better naked, for me, behind closed doors!

I'm rambling....

What's your best Answer to WHY?

Because I can :) haha no because I feel like a 90 year old when I look in the mirror, because I want to be able to wear nice backless or strapless clothes and fill a bra, because I don't want to wear a heap of padding on scorching hot summer days, because I don't want to look like a 10 year old in my bathers anymore. And lastly, because I damn well deserve it. After giving my body to 3 children for pregnancy and feeding all 3 of them, now it's my turn to do what I want with MY body.

Well,

I am booked in for my BA next month. I haven't told many people. My parents know, my partner knows and only two select friends know.

Before I fell pregnant I had a perfect D cup, people used to think I had fake boobs! Then during my pregnancy I had DD's that were great, then after breastfeeding I went down to a B cup and they didn't sit as high as they used to.

My answer (if anyones asks) is that I want to feel confident again, I want to be able to choose a bra without stressing about padding, I want to wear low cut dresses and a bikini that isn't filled with padding. I want to look like a 25 year old rather than a 12 year old, I want to fill my chest out and know that I look like attractive - For myself. There are so many reasons why I want this, I look back at my teenage photos and think "I looked more like a woman at 14 than I do now".

Because I can :) haha no because I feel like a 90 year old when I look in the mirror, because I want to be able to wear nice backless or strapless clothes and fill a bra, because I don't want to wear a heap of padding on scorching hot summer days, because I don't want to look like a 10 year old in my bathers anymore. And lastly, because I damn well deserve it. After giving my body to 3 children for pregnancy and feeding all 3 of them, now it's my turn to do what I want with MY body.

Because I'm fit and no matter how hard I train, my breasts won't be as toned as the rest of my body. Because I want to be able to wear a backless dress, period! Can't do this with sagging large breasts. Because I've had 3 children and now they have grown a little, would like to re-focus on my relationship by helping myself feel better naked.....lol. Because I'm sick of having to pull 5 different bikini tops of the rack because of my saggy wide breasts. Would just like to pull 1, with no support.

Because "roll-ups" are what kids eat, no what you do to your breasts to put them in a bra!

As a mummy who breastfed, my boobs are not what they used to be... I would never have considored this if i had not had a baby and my breasts changed ...

What was once small, but full and perky... Are now smaller, deflated.. And wrinkly :/

I didnt get a single stretch mark from my pregnancy and even my caesarian scar is so low and thin you wouldnt even know it was there...

I am doing this because i want my breasts to match my body.

23... Young... Fit and healthy.

Not 90 year old saggy and lifeless.

:) dont worry about the why questions! You dont need to justify your choice to anyone... Just say because i want to and because i can :) theyve served thier purpose and now i want to be able to enjoy them also :)

GeorgiaP,

Your body sounds a lot like mine. I didn't get one stretch mark during pregnancy and i'd put on close to 40kilos at the time. I lost all of my baby weight, but unfortunately my breasts lost their fullness after breastfeeding. I never thought i'd be getting a BA. But that's what it has come to.

I can't wait to be able to wear sexy outfits and not have a bra stuffed full of padding. I look horrid without a bra and even though my partner loves me for me, I don't feel comfortable around him anymore. I'm still young and I want to feel young. I hope nobody judges me formy decision.

I'm 20 and have not yet had kids. I've always had small boobs which is fine I can go braless whenever I want. BUT I want big boobs for me. So I feel sexy going braless, not like a little girl! I'm at uni and I know I'm going to get a lot of questions about the money side of things. My response is something along the lines of this.. Its so common for people to spend money on a fancy lounge suite, or a new car or a home theatre to make themselves happy and no one bats an eyelid, why shouldn't I buy myself boobs if it'll make me happy? Life is short, if something makes me happy and its not hurting anyone else, Why wouldnt I do it?

Because I can...and because WHY NOT lol. Seriously tho, after having 3 babies, my confidence when I see myself naked is GONE!!! God bless cosmetic surgery. Most importantly im Doing it FOR ME :). Which in return, makes my hubby happy... Happy wife-happy life :)

My response is something along the lines of this.. Its so common for people to spend money on a fancy lounge suite, or a new car or a home theatre to make themselves happy and no one bats an eyelid, why shouldn't I buy myself boobs if it'll make me happy? Life is short, if something makes me happy and its not hurting anyone else, Why wouldnt I do it?

I like this.

I was thinking similar, like how is enhancing your boobs any different to wearing makeup, getting braces or colouring your hair?

It's all done to enhance our selves is all about making yourself look and feel better, the only difference is the cost I think!

I just think of it as an investment in myself.

When someone feels good about themselves they are more confident, outgoing and make more of an effort to try to make things happen for themselves.

When you don't feel so good about yourself you kind of get stuck in a rut and are more of an introvert.

I have no doubt when I get my new assets I'll be a much more positive person. :)

I have thought about it for 10 years! It's time to just do it and to use that time I used to spend daydreaming about it, for more productive pursuits.

I want to look in proportion, and like a grown-up. I am 30 this year and am a little tired of seeing 13 year olds with a bigger bust than me. Funnily enough I feel comfortable in my skin without clothes on (my breasts, whilst small, are symmetrical, perky and cute), but can't wear what I want and fill it out properly. Even WITH padded bras. I can't wait to throw away my padded bras!!!!

:D

I like this.

I was thinking similar, like how is enhancing your boobs any different to wearing makeup, getting braces or colouring your hair?

It's all done to enhance our selves is all about making yourself look and feel better, the only difference is the cost I think!

Exactly what you ladies have said. People asked me all the time why I would do it. I already had B/C cups, so according to most people I 'already had boobs' but I never left the house without a pushup bra on.

The way I explain it to people, is that my boyfriend and his friends have a loan out for their nice cars, some of them have loans for a boat, mine's just for some killer boobies!

My other favourite questions is 'why would you do it, when most men prefer real ones'....why would I care what most men prefer? I only care about what I prefer! (besides, my boyfriend thinks they're gods gift to the earth)

I've found there's no point trying to explain why you would do it to people that ask, because the people that ask never understand. The only people who do understand are the girls thinking about doing it, or have done it, and, they never have to ask why :)

This is exactly why I love this forum. Not once have I been judged, or asked "why". We're all here for the same purpose and for the first time I feel comfortable talking to other girls about boobs! All my friends have big boobs and the ones who had small boobs now have implants. I am the odd one out and I always feel uncomfortable around my own friends.

I know that i'm pretty new to this forum and I know that I tend to ask too many questions, but everyone has been so helpful and it makes my experience a lot less stressful! I think we all deserve to feel good about ourselves.

A lot of women go through so much and there are so many changes in our lives, ones that we cannot prevent. I think that feeling confident about ourselves is an acheivement like any other.

Thank God for plastic surgery!

Jordan hit my "why" answer right on the head...I am being selfish for once and doing something that I want for myself not giving a damn about what anyone else thinks or is going to think. I've spent too much of my life worrying about what people think of my, trying to conform to a certain body type etc...Now, I am doing this because it makes me happy and it's what 'I' want.

My partner wasn't even too keen on it (ok, he's a guy sure but he liked my boobs the way they were - and for the record, he's changed his tune and is absolutely in love with the new boobs haha), but I still wanted it for me.

Sometimes I have answered that questions simply with - "Because it's my body, my decision, and this is what I want. it's fine for you to have an opinion on this but quite frankly I don't want to hear it"

This has helped me so much girls! i have been wanting to get my boobs done for ages and told my parents about it who said i was being ridiculus and it was a waste of money coz im fine the way i am. then they asked me if my boyfriend wanted me to get them done and i said no (he doesnt care either way he thinks they are fine now but knows im self conscious about them) so they turned around and said u dont need them then. OMG its not for anyone else its for me! so frustrating when people dont understand and just judge you.

This has helped me so much girls! i have been wanting to get my boobs done for ages and told my parents about it who said i was being ridiculus and it was a waste of money coz im fine the way i am. then they asked me if my boyfriend wanted me to get them done and i said no (he doesnt care either way he thinks they are fine now but knows im self conscious about them) so they turned around and said u dont need them then. OMG its not for anyone else its for me! so frustrating when people dont understand and just judge you.

Love this thread! Recently had rhynoplasty and people have made the funniest statements, an ' older' workmate said ' oh you poor thing, I never knew it worried you so much, you probably died each time you walked into the room, but no one notices it ( it being my nose)'.

Funny, I told her and meant it, it dsent bother me 98% of the time actually and I've only recently thought of rhyno, I just wanted to do something big, special JUST FOR ME, I could happily live with my nose but just thought, what they hey!

I'm the typical md thirtys, relationship of 10 years ended ( best decision ever, ex and I are hw BFF like we were always meant to be) and I just wanted to o something BIG.

People have also been patronizing and said ' it won't make you happy' WHAT? Yeah it will....:)

Hate that is ok to get braces and get your jaw broken for dental aesthetics but a huge drama to get a boob job or nose job... Many of my friends ave not asked why, they ave sad they don't think I need it, but are equally excited for me.

As a dancer, I am constantly surrounded with beautiful girls and their big bouncy boobies.

It's taken me about a year to make my decision about getting boobs but now I am 100% determined to go under the knife.

I recently lost 14 kilos - the first thing I lost was my boobs...but I still have very wide hips. I feel like this is the last thing I need to do (besides nose...that will come later) to perfect my body in my eyes. It will portion me out and even perhaps make me look thinner?? I'm doing this for me!!! And no one else!!

I made a decision that 2013 was going to be all about me (surgery, travelling, indulging myself) and I'm going to stick to that plan, starting with boobs :)

I just say your just jealous lol.....

And is it really anyone's business ....

People don't say anything to me now that I have been and had my BA done ( well not to my face anyway ) but before blah blah blah

MumO5

Loved all these answers, I'm still worried about other mums asking me, hehehe.

Not really about my answer but just the embarrassment of where or how they ask.

Loved all these answers, I'm still worried about other mums asking me, hehehe.

Not really about my answer but just the embarrassment of where or how they ask.

hey babe your going right in winter so i rekcon you will be fine. I know i was saying that i feel like my boobs are huge but in nice winter clothes i feel ok. but i wear baggy jumpers at the moment. So i reckon winter is the perfect time to conceal them whilst they are healing and in the awkward obvious stage. I really dont think people will notice that you have had them done. One of my husbands friends came over and he knew that i had it done and he said he was really suprised that you couldnt even tell, but i was wearing a baggy jumper, a t shrit is another thing lol

just adjust your wardrobe for a while and i reckon no one will notice