Sign in to follow this  
flattummytime

How long before my stitches come out/safe to fly

My surgery has suddenly been brought forward from 3 months away to 2.5 weeks away so I'm now trying to rapidly get information and I knew you would be able to answer me quicker than my surgeon.

Dr Poomee says that I need to stay in Bangkok for a minimum of 7 days after surgery. Whilst I think that would be pushing it to go home, would 10 days post op be OK to fly? I assume there are porters at Bangkok airport and I know there are at home so that isn't an issue - I have help at home which is why i'm moving my surgery date forward - it wasn't guaranteed in May.

When have you generally had stitches out? 10dpo?

Thanks

Sorry - one more question. I know initially I'll just be resting and recovering and so plan to stay close to the hospital, but after the first week could I move hotels to a spot closer to the shopping? I know there are hotels above malls and I'm looking forward to being able to buy clothes that don't have to hide my pregnant squishy looking belly.

Breast augmentation ? I had my BA in Nov, my stitches were taken out at day 6 and the others were dissolvable ones but at day 12 check up some hadn't dissolved so Dr Boonchai had to take them out too...

MumO5