What does upper pole mean ?

Hi ladies !! Silly question but what does upper pole mean in regards to BA and could you please Explain what side boob is?? Also when the surgeon dose the pinch test to see if you have Enuf loose skin for overs or unders what part of the breast do they pinch/ above the nipple/side of breast ? and how much do you need to have to be suitable for overs ? Thanks in advance :))

hi laura, upper pole is the top part of the breast, above the nipple. if you look at my "before" pics my upper pole os all the flat part. side boob is the part of the boob that is wider than the side of your body. sorry im not sure about the pinch tests but i would be interested to now the answer to that too :)

Upper pole is regarding how full the upper half of the breast is above the nipple.. kinda the bit youd see when you wear a low cut singlet .. The roundness up top :)

Side boob is like when you lift your arm and you look from the side (kinda... Hard to explain) its the round look... bigger breasts get generally.. Someone with sideboob may be able to explain it better.. I tried! Haha google it perhaps :)

I havent had my consult yet so i

Dont know which part they pinch.. But ive heard its over 2cms that you need for overs.... I think :)

Hope that helped or someone better "equipped" may be able to explain better haha

Hey Laura Scott.

I am getting overs as I have plenty of breast tissue. My pinch test was the skin on the upper part of my breast (above the nipple and below the collar bone). I had my pinch test during my first consultation, my second consultation was a few days ago.

I am not too sure about side boob, I don't think I have that. Are you going for a consultation soon?

Hi Laura Scott,

The pinch test is taken more of your chest tissue/skin than of your actual boob. It is taken between the nipple and below the collar bone as the other ladies mentioned. Anything under 2cm a plastic surgeon would recommend having "unders". This is because you don't have a lot of tissue to cover the implant, and you will end up with a very predominant implant edge (think Posh Spice). Therefore they place them under the muscle so they look more natural and 'blend' more. Anything above 2cm you can have overs, as your natural tissue will soften the implant edge. I guess some people would be borderline and can discuss their options with their surgeon. I was 1cm, so mine was pretty clear cut obvious even before the pinch test. I didn't have a lot of consults so not sure if all surgeons do the pinch test?

Great Thankyou ladies you have all been very helping and I now understand :)) woohoo I have had one consultation 1year ago but I mostly just asked questions about the surgery recovery ect and got to feel diff implants but didn't get to try them on .. Just wanted to know as I'm going to thailand for my BA and have been Told my surgeon like to do the pinch test :) thanks again :) x