double bubble/ bottom out and boobie greed!!!

Hi ladies

I posted a while ago that I'm 5 months post op and noticed a double bubble/bottoming out under my left breast. I have a consult with my surgeon in a couple of weeks. I also posted my question on 'real self' where certified US plastic surgeons answer your questions. They all said I need revision surgery to fix it.

So i've been researching and looking at looks of pics and now I'm thinking I might get a better result if I go bigger since I need to have surgery anyway.

I can't believe I've got boobie greed 5 months post op!!! Maybe because I went a bit under my BWD (breast width).

I'm wondering what you guys think? Should I go bigger since I need to go under anyway? or not take the risk since I'd only need surgery on one side and the other is fine for the moment.

You can see from my pics I'm a typical pear shape so even though I'm bony up top I could probably go bigger and still look balanced and natural? Am I just being greedy?

By the way, this was my post on 'real self' http://www.realself.com/question/double-bubble-bottoming-options-deal-and-large-gap-breasts

Edited by freidabc

Thanks for your support Amelia-dione. FR accepted.

I have a consult with my surgeon in a couple of weeks.

My PS said I could've gone bigger in the first place, so I assume I would still be able to....it's just a question of whether I should go bigger or am I just being silly/ greedy??!!

(I got 300cc under muscle and was 10a and didn't want to be 'too big/fake' so went conservative. I still don't want to look fake but think maybe bigger would still be ok cause I'm a 'pear shape'?

Wow I just had a look at your photos and I think your boobs look amazing and it's such a shame you are going to have to have a revision.

Is your surgeon going to charge you to fix it?

I think if you do go bigger don't go crazy as they look so great now.

Thanks ladies. I don't think my PS will charge a fee to fix the bottom out but I'll probably have to pay the anaesthetist and hospital fee (not sure exactly yet, will find out at my consult). Unless medicare covers something?

I was thinking like you flatummytime, might as well get a positive out of it and go bigger now since I've been thinking about it! Although I'd prob have to pay for new implants too if I upsized. I wasn't thinking about a huge increase...but maybe something like 370cc?? Although not sure if it would make much difference...apparently you need to go at least 100cc bigger to really notice any difference.

I wonder if boobie greed ever goes away!

i agree with the others that aside from the bottoming out your boobs look fantastic. But, they are your boobs and i definitely think you can pull off a bigger implant. And also, if you were ever going to do it, that would be the time to do it. Even if you did have to pay for the new implants, it would still be way less then getting another revision later on down the track.

I also agree with the other comments - you look great but if you want to go larger and you have the opportunity to do it sooner rather than later, then go for it! You've had the time to adjust to having them in the first place so going larger will not seem as big as it would had you done it the first time.

Good luck with your consults and keep us updated. Xx

Hi freidabc

Not good at all , but i think most of us ladies have boobie greed lol I wish I was a bit bigger but PS said 480cc were way to big for me as yo would see my own tissue and the implants at the side of my boobs ....

Your boobs do look a great size as they are now , bit it's what you feel is right for you ...

Goodluck

mumO5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just thought I'd post an update now that I've had my consult with my PS to fix my double bubble/bottom out.

Overall I'm very happy with the outcome of the consult but now have to make a hard decision! Any advice would be much appreciated :)

My PS said the bottom out/double bubble probably won't get any worse but is happy to fix it and I won't be out of pocket as it will be covered by my health care and he won't charge anything. The revision would involve day surgery and repairing the bottom of the pocket with some permanent sutures (he'll do the same to the other side as a preventative measure through the one incision). He will also release the muscle a little so hopefully it won't be pushing the implants down so strongly. This is Option One.

Because I'm so thin up top he wouldn't recommend going over the muscle or even dual plane.

Option 2 - I mentioned that I have a bit of boobie greed and since I have to have surgery anyway what about going a bit bigger. He said he's happy to increase the size and would recommend 360cc to 380cc high profile in a new Mentor silicone gel implant which will give a bit more fullness and even improve the cleavage (i currently have moderate profile Nagor 300cc silicone). He'd also fix the bottom of both pockets as in option 1. HOWEVER I would be out of pocket around $6000 if I want to go bigger.

Recovery would be the same in both cases (10 days off work and no physical activity for 6 weeks).

I don't know what to do! Do you think that 60-80cc bigger would make much difference/ be worth it?

Freidabc, I'm going in for revision exactly 6 months after my first BA. I'm going bigger 360 XHP dual plane, this is what my surgeon suggested for me. I dont have double bubble though. I say if you have the money to spare and you have wanted bigger since getting your implants then do it. Might as well if you already have to go thru surgery again.

Thanks boobie mumma. I think we can afford the $6k it's just that it could be better spent on other priorities.

If you don't mind me asking, are you happy with overs? I wish I could have them so my muscles don't distort mine so much but apparently they'd be too visible.

Is your surgeon charging you the full fee again to go bigger?

Because I went over I now have sag thats why I am going under this time. I'm not looking forward to the pain, I had a very easy and quick recovery last time, because I went over.

Boobie mumma....Just so I understand properly, did you get the overs done in September last year and they are already sagging? Did your surgeon recommend them and are you going back to the same surgeon?

Hi Freidabc :)

What a pain! I somehow missed your first post about the double bubble/bottoming out. So sorry that this has happened xx It's excellent that it will be fixed for no out of pocket cost though.

I think $6000 is a lot of money to pay to go up 60-80cc. I'd definitely want a noticeable difference for that amount of money. However, I do know that the risk of double bubble/bottoming out is higher the bigger the size of the implant you go. I think most surgeons actually fix double bubble by going slightly smaller, though if he puts in permanent sutures this may not be an issue.

I know you're a gappy girl like me, just be careful you don't go too big, as you may end up with tonnes of side boob and still a considerable gap.

It's such a hard choice. Make sure you go through all of the options and possible outcomes with your surgeon. I'd even suggest consulting with a few other PS's just to get some input.

Good luck :)

xx Jen

Hi Renee, yes the double bubble/bottom out will be covered by my insurance HCF...not sure if anyone would do the op no gap or just my surgeon because the first surgery was with him.

Thanks Jen Jen...yes it is a pain! I think it's actually something to do with a malposition of the left implant...or the way the pec sits on the implant. The left implant always sat a bit lower and the pec always cut across it pushing it down making it look like I have 2 creases. My PS didn't seem to think a larger implant would be an issue. I just don't know what the bigger HP would end up looking like....I think the width would be about the same so not sure if it would improve the gap at all! My PS seems to think he can release the muscle a little to improve the gap but I'm not sure if it would be noticeable.

I'll do some more research and see how I go! Def not paying $6k till I'm sure it will be worth it!!

Hi Renee, yes the double bubble/bottom out will be covered by my insurance HCF...not sure if anyone would do the op no gap or just my surgeon because the first surgery was with him.QUOTE]

Hi friedabc, is this just your regular health insurance that you're covered by or did you arrange specific surgery insurance to insure against a complication caused by your BA surgery? I've never heard of surgery insurance but I'm wondering if its something that exists that I should look into. I've got a pretty high-cover normal health insurance but I'm not sure what (if anything) it covers for this sort of situation. Perhaps I should give them a call and find out what I would be covered for if there was a complication caused by my BA surgery for which I needed follow-up surgery. Better to be safe than sorry after all.

Good luck with the decision about increasing size - its a tough one! xx

Hi Gloria

I have HCF basic hospital and extras....no special surgery insurance. According to my PS HCF are one of the better ones for covering some fees for complications post BA....I wonder if medicare cover something too? I think my surgeon is waving his fee if I get revision only and no upsize.

I'm still no closer to deciding...I guess I need to find out what 360 - 380cc HP rounds would look like on someone like me to decide whether it's worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...